Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

To the DL employees working on Thanksgiving: Thank you!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

To the DL employees working on Thanksgiving: Thank you!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Smile

I too applaud the employees who will be working over the holiday period. Rather than being home with their families, they make sure that the rest of us can enjoy that luxury.

Although I will be home on Thanksgiving, we've been preparing for Thanksgiving for the last two weeks in the SLC CPO. Inflight will provide breakfast for all of the flight attendants and pilots, and then flight ops will be offering lunch/dinner with everything you'd expect at Thanksgiving. I cleaned out the fridge today to make room for the pies and the turkeys and carried in a case of mushroom soup and a case of green beans! In the meantime, our kitchen is a total mess

I will send a link to this thread to my boss -- perhaps someone can print it out for Thanksgiving and leave it out for people to see. I've heard a couple of pilots mention FT and not always in the best of contexts, I'm sure they wouldn't mind seeing this

-J.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Thank you DL employees.
Yes,thanks! Must not be easy dealing with kettles to DYKWIA's .
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
I just returned home and also thanked several UA agents I saw that will be working Thanksgiving. What a crazy day at DEN and LAS. Kettles everywhere.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on FT.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I completed this week's travel yesterday, so I won't be around on Thanksgiving to personally thank them. But to all of the DL employees who help me almost every week year-round:

Thank you!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving FTers!!

I'm thankful for many things this year!
- Crazy travel and those (DL, AA) that help me get there!
- FT and the FFer community
- Having a job (well, two of them!)
- Last, but not least - My friends and family; very glad I get to see many of them this week!

Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
OP here: I am bring this thread back as I have received another year of great service from DL employees throughout the year. Keep up the great work! I spoke with several DL agents today and DL will again provide a full Thanksgiving meal for employees in LAS and many other stations.

Happy Thanksgiving to all that would like be at home with their families, but airlines are a 24/7 business.

This THANK YOU goes to all the workers at every carrier I flew this year, DL being #1 in my book!

Again to everyone - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I am not flying on Thanksgiving but I will on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Dec 24, TLV-JFK, will be on a 777 and an FA friend told me that the crew can have up to 15 members.

Dec 25, JFK-LAS, will be on a 737 with a maximum crew size of 6.

As is my personal tradition for any Delta holiday flight, I will be giving a box of chocolates to every crew member. (I actually hand them all to the purser before take off to distribute. It avoids a security alert which would doubtlessly happen if I tried walking into the cockpit carrying 15 boxes!)
Old Nov 27, 2014, 3:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I big thanks to everyone at CVG! You guys always do your best to give to me as close to a flawless travel experience as possible.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta - DM, Ritz PM, Hertz President's Club, National Executive Elite
I want to add my thanks to the many Delta employees working on Thanksgiving. You have taken great care of me of many years and it is very much appreciated! A special thank you to the Nashville crews as they have to deal with me the most and they have always been wonderful to deal with!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Delta team!!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton DIA, Hertz President's Circle, National EE
I am at work here in Mexico City, not a holiday here, boo! But have had fabulous service this year and am grateful for this! See you my wonderful Delta friends tomorrow and Saturyday, as I am off to Detroit, Seoul, and then Phuket Island!!!! Happy Holidays ALL!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:57 pm
Formerly known as HuwRLewis

Programs: DL-DM (Charter); DL-MM; Hilton: Diamond
My thanks too to all the DL folk working the holidays.

Whatever you get, you deserve more!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Well it is Thanksgiving 2015. I thought I would bring this thread back to life for a day.

Thanks to all the Delta employees working Thanksgiving again this year. I am sure you would rather be home with your family. THANK YOU!

(Same for other airline employees and anyone that must work on Holidays).
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, AV
Originally Posted by kettle1
Well it is Thanksgiving 2015. I thought I would bring this thread back to life for a day.

Thanks to all the Delta employees working Thanksgiving again this year. I am sure you would rather be home with your family. THANK YOU!

(Same for other airline employees and anyone that must work on Holidays).
Glad you did, since I wasn't on FT last year. I add my thanks to those already expressed!
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Classy move by Delta
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:21 am

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
it is sad there is less profit sharing......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.