One Flew South - the definitive thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by LibFlyer
...especially when Toki is tending. She makes outstanding, original cocktails.
OK, i've been here many times, but i have a whole new appreciation for the place now that i've discovered this....... she can make a drink!
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Seat1A
-- i have a whole new appreciation for the place now that i've discovered this....... she can make a drink!
The Vesper with the lemon peel garnish was outstanding. ^
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I think its cool they used indigenous local building materials.

The tabletops are from the Georgia Marble Company quarry a few miles from my house. It's the same marble used on the exterior of the Tate House
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:18 am

Article in the NYT specifically mentions OFS and other airport bars where you can get a great craft cocktail. Interesting reading
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/11/di...-sky.html?_r=0
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Some people will be pleased to hear they no longer include the "suggested" gratuity. They give guidelines for 15, 18, 20% on the bottom of the bill but it's up to the diner to write anything in now.

In other news, the food is still yummy.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Some people will be pleased to hear they no longer include the "suggested" gratuity. They give guidelines for 15, 18, 20% on the bottom of the bill but it's up to the diner to write anything in now.
Others will be disappointed in having the number of pointless things to argue about reduced by one.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:57 pm

You really are a ham sarnie if someone's charged you one of those....

http://www.kiplinger.com/article/spe...-the-menu.html
Old Apr 8, 2014, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by phenobarbital

This thread was at one time a giant argument about autograt. That got deleted for a reason. It's over and done with.

And yeah, it was missing on my last visit back in February and that did give me a little chuckle. Had the pulled duck sandwich for the first time and was highly impressed. Best thing I've eaten there by far and not a bad deal overall.

Last edited by sky303; Apr 9, 2014 at 12:10 am
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Seat1A
OK, i've been here many times, but i have a whole new appreciation for the place now that i've discovered this....... she can make a drink!
Sad to inform that Toki has since moved on from OFS. She'll be missed!

Good for her, though. She has evidently got her own things in the works with a bourbon bar, from what I understood. Will need more details and to check that out next time I actually leave the concourse.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by phenobarbital

Interesting. I thought it was customer feedback, but actually there is a change in the law that would make this practice hurt the restaurant rather than the server. Hmm.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I'll actually be back in Atlanta next week for the first time in months now. Looking forward to visiting OFS for sure! Lack of autograt is an additional pleasant surprise.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Are these calculated from just the F&B total or do they apply sales tax first, then do the percentage tip from the total including taxes? And do they round up?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 11:09 am

Toki's departure

Originally Posted by kishkash
Sad to inform that Toki has since moved on from OFS. She'll be missed!
Sorry that Toki is no longer at OFS, but very happy for her. The Southern Art and Bourbon Bar looks like a neat place.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are these calculated from just the F&B total or do they apply sales tax first, then do the percentage tip from the total including taxes? And do they round up?
(i) on the total
(ii) no rounding

So my 20% added to the F&B was less than their recommended total, but then I rounded up so it was close
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
The Vesper with the lemon peel garnish was outstanding. ^
Drinking one right now and it really is great. A slightly sweeter/fruity martini. I'll def have to have a few more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.