Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

NEW PROMO - DOUBLE MQMs ON MANY SEATTLE FLIGHTS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)

Must have a Washington address in your profile. Double miles on legs to/from SEA.

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_plrs/seattledouble/

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Feb 19, 2014 at 6:27 am Reason: moved into a stand alone topic
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
SEA - HKG RT will net you 26K in miles.

Not too shabby if you've satisfied your spending requirements and needs a mileage run (~$.05/mile @ $1300 ai).
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
Pretty good offer

Double MQMs for almost an entire year is a pretty good catalyst to switch airline loyalty. This will be the straw that breaks the camel's back for this United flyer, especially given that United could not be bothered to grant a "soft landing" after 7 consecutive years of middle and high tier elite status.

The elephant in the room is that it now might be pretty easy to reach MQM thresholds but fall short on the corresponding dollar thresholds.

Will also be interesting to see if other airlines match this offer.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For Washington state residents, it's a much more generous extension of the earlier SEA promo that required purchase during 2013 and only applied to some SEA west coast routes. This is huge if one uses the long haul nonstop routes from SEA.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by andrewk829
Double MQMs for almost an entire year ...
Except for this little problem of (mostly) requiring double minimum miles to redeem for an award flight. Just depends on what elite benefit you value the most.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hhonors Gold, DL PM
According to the fine print, it seems only itineraries originating or terminating in SEA are eligible - too bad for people coming on on AS from other parts of Washington
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Originally Posted by discstickers
Must have a Washington address in your profile. Double miles on legs to/from SEA.

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_plrs/seattledouble/
Really nice deal. I have a number of trips already booked, so under the T&C of the promo, they would not qualify.

My question, if I upgrade a trip I already have booked from coach to a discount F fare, does the new itn with a different cabin class qualify as a new booking?

I'd call and ask, but I'm in the air on the way to ATL and then on to SJU. Will definitely call when I get on the ground.

Thanks.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
Except for this little problem of (mostly) requiring double minimum miles to redeem for an award flight. Just depends on what elite benefit you value the most.
Not really true but regardless SEA based PMs and higher will be getting 3x+ miles for the year. This is an epic promo for those that get it and another punch thrown at AS.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
The double mile and double status mile promo is ONLY for the first non-stop leg outbound and return originating in Seattle. That it works automatically for the rest of the year is absolutely fabulous!

I am GUESSING, based on what I have seen so far that international immediate turns won't work out to be a huge discount, only since they force pricing higher on immediate turns. I did see as cheap as 3.6 cents per mile and status mile with a one night stay in PVG ($834).

SEA-NRT/HND/AMS/CDG/PVG plus they are adding LHR/ICN/HKG/PEK. Also works domestically SEA-SLC/SFO/MSP/DTW/ATL/JFK and possibly more (all the DL nonstops out of SEA, but NOT the DL-coded AS codeshare nonstops to MCI/IAH/PHL/EWR/BOS).

I hope people will use this thread or a new thread to identify flights LOWER than 3.5 cents per mile as they come up OVER THE REST OF 2014!

So, a great deal if played well!

Last edited by 925; Feb 18, 2014 at 2:45 pm Reason: Read the T&Cs
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AviationFreak
According to the fine print, it seems only itineraries originating or terminating in SEA are eligible - too bad for people coming on on AS from other parts of Washington
So just put the in-state hop on a separate ticket to fix this... or drive to SEA...

Last edited by 925; Feb 18, 2014 at 2:35 pm
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 925
I'd also like to see the T&Cs that clearly say that the ticket doesn't have to be non-stop ticket only; I am GUESSING that it is any ticket, but I sure would like to prove it before I do a lot of mileage runs.
It does say this;

Purchase and fly Delta or Delta Connection-marketed and -operated flights out of Seattle/SEA and earn double miles and double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) on the nonstop segment out of or into Seattle. Only itineraries for which Seattle is the origin or the final destination will qualify for this promotion. ... Flight may terminate in any city; however, bonus miles and MQMs will only be earned based on travel flown on Delta-operated nonstop flight segment out of or into Seattle/SEA and the eligible cities listed.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
Wow OP only 3 months late: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...e-flights.html
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Donna49
Really nice deal. I have a number of trips already booked, so under the T&C of the promo, they would not qualify.

My question, if I upgrade a trip I already have booked from coach to a discount F fare, does the new itn with a different cabin class qualify as a new booking?

I'd call and ask, but I'm in the air on the way to ATL and then on to SJU. Will definitely call when I get on the ground.

Thanks.
My guess is that it would depend on how you do the upgrade. Using miles or SWUs, no; the ticket is reissued but it wouldn't look more like a new purchase. OTOH, if you call and request to up fare into FC by paying the fare difference, this would look like a new purchase and would probably work (but cost some money).

However, some previous DL promos stated that tickets needed to be purchased after some date or after registration for the promo, but tickets purchased before then and flown during the promo period did indeed count. I'm thinking especially of the "flying as a competitive team sport" Together We Fly Delta with captains from MN, MI, TN, and WA IIRC.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 19, 2014 at 8:54 am
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by wb9tio
It's a different promo that was only just released today (covering all DL and DL connection operated flights to/from SEA, and not just 6 select routes), but thanks for your constructive participation anyways.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL PM
So since I also own another house in Washington State that I stay at as frequently as
my FL house, can I sign up for the double MQM's and get them by changing my profile to the other address? There are people that own 2 or even 3 homes after all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.