Delta New 737-900ER Interior

Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:25 am

Programs: Fly paid F/J. DL 2MM+.
Originally Posted by HongKonger
This is a bit much...
Do I need to go back in my cage?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
If the forced commercials are that bad I can tell you AA does not do that the way you are describing. They might do a commercial once before you watch on on-demand movie but not during or while navigating other content.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by KeepDeltaMyDeltaFireRichardAnderson
Quote:

This is a bit much...

Do I need to go back in my cage?
You have a cage? (Other than the new 739 lav?)
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
If the forced commercials are that bad I can tell you AA does not do that the way you are describing. They might do a commercial once before you watch on on-demand movie but not during or while navigating other content.
Yea, but at least DL has IFE on some (most) 737s in their fleet at all.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
This is a bit much but I completely agree that screens that don't tilt so they cant be seen when the person in front reclines is very stupid and a serious failure of product design. Unacceptable in Y let alone "first class."
Not a personal attack here but I would like to know how many who are up in arms have flown this yet and had someone full recline and watch a show. I had just that. I did attempt to fold it out to see better and found it did not tilt. You can still see the movie. It would be MUCH better with fold out but you can still watch. "Can not be seen" is taking this to far. Poor design is more spot on. The screens are stunning btw and very responsive.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What a waste to have stunning screens that can't tilt!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What a waste to have stunning screens that can't tilt!
Well if you are either:

1) 4 foot tall
2) a small child
3) can slide 1/2 down your seat

You will be at the perfect location to watch it in the fixed position.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Well if you are either:

1) 4 foot tall
2) a small child
3) can slide 1/2 down your seat

You will be at the perfect location to watch it in the fixed position.
It's bad enough that seats are now designed for four-year-olds and little people, but must the same be true for AVOD equipment where saving space isn't an issue?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:36 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
At takeoff and landing is one thing but many have reported commercials randomly interrupting the movie they're trying to watch. That is unacceptable.
Hi HongKonger...I know this is an unpopular subject but just wanted to provide some facts about onboard advertising. Ads are played on climb out and descent, and are attached to the beginning of video content (which you can fast forward through). A limited number of ads will display while a customer is browsing the GUI. Ads never pop up or interrupt while viewing a movie.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Off topic, but on the comments about commercials I was getting those while in BE a few weeks ago coming back from NRT. When I would navigate through the movie list and flight map, every now and then a commercial window would pop up with no way to skip or close it. Extremely annoying.

Regarding the 757 mods, I wonder if the mid cabin lav and galley are being removed in order to squeeze in a few more rows of Y and get the sandwich count up to 199.
The door 2 lav is not being moved. Galleys will be located forward and aft.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
Hi HongKonger...I know this is an unpopular subject but just wanted to provide some facts about onboard advertising. Ads are played on climb out and descent, and are attached to the beginning of video content (which you can fast forward through). A limited number of ads will display while a customer is browsing the GUI. Ads never pop up or interrupt while viewing a movie.
You say this like it's normal. It's an abomination.
Well, at least we can blast our own music into our ears while climbing and descending now.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
Chris, since the video is running during taxi, why can't the commercials run at that time, than right after takeoff? I know this may sound odd, but taking off is one of my favorite parts of flying, and to have it be interrupted by blasting commercials is rather unnecessary...you have the same captive audience during taxi, why not do it then? (I'm not saying I approve of any of this, but trying to understand the timing.)
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Chris all-but-confirmed upthread that the 320s would be going back to 16F. So, as Delta giveth, Delta taketh away.
Changes to the A320 and 757-200 fleet...and a quick overview of the current FC configs:

Aircraft FC Seats
A319 12
717-200 12
737-700 12
A320 16
MD88 16
MD90 16
737-800 16
757-200 Transcon 16
757-200 Interport/Pacific 18
757-200 Domestic/Hawaii 20
737-900ER 20
757-300 24
767-300 30

The 7 iPort a/c will have 2 fewer FC seats due to an additional fwd galley.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
You say this like it's normal. It's an abomination.
Well, at least we can blast our own music into our ears while climbing and descending now.
This reminds me of buying and carrying my own source of music for long haul international PMNW flights when they started blasting their plane exercise video before landing. It was obnoxious. One of the advantage of BE seems to be that you can avoid the forced showing of the dumb "how to enter the USA" video.

It would be nice if we could program the AVOD so that it doesn't go silent for all of the long announcements in multiple languages that I don't understand.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
I just wanted to thank Chris for his active engagement here in the hopes that he isn't beaten down by the relentless negativity coming from some on this thread. Folks want engagement. You got engagement. Top-notch engagement. Unfortunately, some folks seem to think engagement = beat up on DL. Frankly, Chris has given this board more than it deserves on the engagement front.

Chris, please know that some of us are fully aware that there are compromises that have to be made when configuring aircraft, choosing AVOD systems, etc., and that some of those compromises may not break exactly as we would always like.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.