Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member tvnwz

Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member 355F1
Print Wikipost

Delta New 737-900ER Interior

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
The new FC seats (Zodiac/Weber 6801) are considered slim-line seats. We've installed them on the MD88, MD90, 717 and 737-900ER. They'll also be installed with the 757-200 and 757-300 interior mods.
So, there will really be 757-200 interior mods? In August it was announced that AAR will be reconfiguring 56 Boeing 757s for a U.S. major; there was even a thread here about it. In that thread, I calculated the number of 757-200s in Delta's fleet (excluding the 75Es) built in 1995 or later (N686DA, N687DL-N699DL, ships 6700-6717 [N6700 to N67171], and N900PC), as well as all of the ex-Northwest 5600 series, and it was an exact match of 56 aircraft. Mods that were mentioned included new seats, galleys, IFE, and interior aesthetics.

So, are these the 757-200s that will be modded?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The new FC seats (Zodiac/Weber 6801) are considered slim-line seats. We've installed them on the MD88, MD90, 717 and 737-900ER. They'll also be installed with the 757-200 and 757-300 interior mods.
So this means that even though the pitch in FC is unchanged, FC passengers will have a bit more space? Will the same be true--namely that the pitch with remain at 37" in FC--throughout the domestic fleet as the new seats are installed?

Thanks again.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:32 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Chris_DeltaCustExp,

Are the 757 mods bringing the birds to 20F? Thought that was mentioned somewhere.....
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
Chris_DeltaCustExp,

Are the 757 mods bringing the birds to 20F? Thought that was mentioned somewhere.....
Ack! I hope not...
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
I flew in F (3C) today DTW-SFO in a new 737-900ER.

Let me just say... this was a big disappointment. There were some niceties such as two very visible and accessible power plugs low but in the middle of the seats in front of me. There was a USB port that recharged my phone on the way as well as a headphone jack both somewhat under the large LCD screen in the seat back in front of me. The problem was the jerk in front of me who reclined his seat back as soon as the wheels were off the ground. The screen itself does not tilt so you are looking at it at a weird angle if the seat is reclined. There was no WiFi (despite being advertised as such) because it had not been installed yet. What idiot allowed the plane to leaving Boeing without having the WiFi equipment installed before putting the plane into service? Even if GoGo is paying for it, someone should be worrying about getting all that done before it goes into service.

The lavatory in F is incredibly tiny. It was almost impossible to turn around let alone try to adjust you pants, belt, etc. unless you're a bean pole. The flight attendant call button and the flush button are small and poorly marked. Without reading glasses, I could not tell what they did so I hit the FA call button thinking it was the flush button. Who takes their reading glasses into the lav?

In order to squeeze all those seats in the plane, there are no full size carts to serve the coach beverage service. As such, the FAs would run out of supplies and have to come back to the front galley (or the rear galley) and get more sodas, etc. The FAs were based on SFO and had flown the plane into DTW today and then turned around and flew it back to SFO. It was their first time on the plane and they hated it.

I didn't get a chance to wander back into Y so I can't comment on the seat pitch there but I can say the F seat pitch wasn't anything special. I can say, the seat comfort was horrible, even in F. An old 757 coach seat didn't leave me with the back pain this plane's F seat did.

Despite the new bins, the first bin on each side (over 1AB and 1CD) are small just like on the other 737s because the body of the plane starts to taper in. As such, you can't put a rollaboard into them wheels or handles first. We, of course, ran out of room for carry-ons. As I was sitting on the aisle, I did not see anyone bringing on anything that looked oversize. There are just too many seats for the number of overhead compartments.

All in all, despite the "new car smell," I'd call it a good plane by Boeing ruined by Delta's attempt to "squeeze every inch" out of the plane.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:39 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Thanks for the report DL-Don. Terrible news though. Not surprising, really given the recent trajectory, and perhaps a harbinger of worse things to come. If the reported soon-to-be refurbs of the 75x fleet go in this direction, then it's a big Yes, yes, yes - they're making more $, and bully for them. Doesn't mean we have to be happy with the uncomfortable consequences...
Old Nov 5, 2013, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I was wondering about the 'slimline' lavs. Guess it got even smaller inside than the current -800?

Kind of surprised the displays don't tilt. That definitely would make it awkward to view when the person in front reclines. Wonder if it is like that in Y also or if those tilt.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.
Originally Posted by DL-Don
I flew in F (3C) today DTW-SFO in a new 737-900ER.

Let me just say... this was a big disappointment. There were some niceties such as two very visible and accessible power plugs low but in the middle of the seats in front of me. There was a USB port that recharged my phone on the way as well as a headphone jack both somewhat under the large LCD screen in the seat back in front of me. The problem was the jerk in front of me who reclined his seat back as soon as the wheels were off the ground. The screen itself does not tilt so you are looking at it at a weird angle if the seat is reclined. There was no WiFi (despite being advertised as such) because it had not been installed yet. What idiot allowed the plane to leaving Boeing without having the WiFi equipment installed before putting the plane into service? Even if GoGo is paying for it, someone should be worrying about getting all that done before it goes into service.

The lavatory in F is incredibly tiny. It was almost impossible to turn around let alone try to adjust you pants, belt, etc. unless you're a bean pole. The flight attendant call button and the flush button are small and poorly marked. Without reading glasses, I could not tell what they did so I hit the FA call button thinking it was the flush button. Who takes their reading glasses into the lav?

In order to squeeze all those seats in the plane, there are no full size carts to serve the coach beverage service. As such, the FAs would run out of supplies and have to come back to the front galley (or the rear galley) and get more sodas, etc. The FAs were based on SFO and had flown the plane into DTW today and then turned around and flew it back to SFO. It was their first time on the plane and they hated it.

I didn't get a chance to wander back into Y so I can't comment on the seat pitch there but I can say the F seat pitch wasn't anything special. I can say, the seat comfort was horrible, even in F. An old 757 coach seat didn't leave me with the back pain this plane's F seat did.

Despite the new bins, the first bin on each side (over 1AB and 1CD) are small just like on the other 737s because the body of the plane starts to taper in. As such, you can't put a rollaboard into them wheels or handles first. We, of course, ran out of room for carry-ons. As I was sitting on the aisle, I did not see anyone bringing on anything that looked oversize. There are just too many seats for the number of overhead compartments.

All in all, despite the "new car smell," I'd call it a good plane by Boeing ruined by Delta's attempt to "squeeze every inch" out of the plane.
WOW. It sounds like you are describing a new coach cabin... NOT a first class cabin from an airline working very hard to attract and retain HVCs.

From your description the cabin appears to have been designed by bean counters with input from their kids. What a big miss on Delta's part.

AAs new domestic first class (non-transcon) continues to lead.

I'd like to hear from others who have flown the aircraft.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by rylan
Kind of surprised the displays don't tilt. That definitely would make it awkward to view when the person in front reclines. Wonder if it is like that in Y also or if those tilt.
I am as well. Why would they not do it? You really can't see the screen well if the person in front of you reclines.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:32 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
Chris_DeltaCustExp,

Yes...20F, 28EC, 151YC...FC seats make up 10% of all seats -- in line with the rest of Delta's domestic fleet.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: DL DM
I might have to use the bathroom with the door open. Would that be legal?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Yes...20F, 28EC, 151YC...FC seats make up 10% of all seats -- in line with the rest of Delta's domestic fleet.
Wow, that is a huge disappointment. DL basically just killed any hopes that FO's have for a medallion upgrade other than the domestic 767 and int'l BE birds flying domestic routes. I'm usually a DL supporter, but this feels like just another step in DL's continued fleecing of elites and HVCs, trying to milk every penny and continuing to devalue FO. I'll be re-evaluating my loyalties in the new year for sure.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by bsagator
I might have to use the bathroom with the door open. Would that be legal?
Use the lavatory on the Embraer 135/145 before you get on the mainline 737-900 -- it's bigger.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Chris, is it true that the in-seat screens will not tilt (so you can view when someone is reclining), or is what was reported here a one-off error?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yikes, only 10% F/Y ratio. Not only that, but total seating going from 180 to 199.
SARDINE CITY!

Does that even need another FA or is it just under the cutoff for needing another because it is 199 and not 200? Sounds like there will be a couple rows of Y sandwiched in between the mid cabin doors and F cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.