Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member tvnwz

Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member 355F1
Print Wikipost

Delta New 737-900ER Interior

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just flew a new AA 738 midcon and the seating comfort in first, tray table, and small tray configuration was vastly superior to that found in the new DL equipment.

It really seemed like AA had thought about it a bit and most intriguing were the small drink trays that came out from the center armrest (which are really not a new conception) along with another (really new to me) in the front center coming off the center armrest in front of me that seemed designed to hold cellphones while charging.

I also think that the seatback IFE screen was larger since it seemed to fill the entire seatback in front of me. Since I almost never turn it on, I cannot give a comparison with that of DL.

After seeing that AA setup, it really is disappointing to ride the mess that DL has concocted here.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Originally Posted by monitor

After seeing that AA setup, it really is disappointing to ride the mess that DL has concocted here.
I don't know why anybody praises the DL 739, it is a horrible plane.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I agree with everything you just said, though I do like Delta's outlet placement better. It's much easier to plug something in when the outlet is facing you, rather than being in the center armrest out of sight leaving you fumbling around trying to figure out where the holes are.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Had my second flight yesterday on the sardine-bird. I was upgraded into a bulkhead windows seat, which is not my preference.

But it was WAY better than being in 5C. Legroom a bit limited, but not bad and no seat right in front of you. Also no awkward viewing angle on the screen, it was mounted up on the bulkhead and large enough that the added distance didn't really matter.

Based on that, I would take any bulkhead seat over 5C or 5D.

David
Huh? Doesn't the new 737-900 have five rows of FC?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Huh? Doesn't the new 737-900 have five rows of FC?
Of course, hence why they're saying they prefer row 1 of F to row 5
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Of course, hence why they're saying they prefer row 1 of F to row 5
I've been on it maybe four or five times and have always chosen the bulkhead on this airplane since it is the least of the evils.

It is not like some of the old NW configurations where the bulkheads are actually really good seats. I do not think that this airplane has any really good seats.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:11 pm

I've been on it maybe four or five times and have always chosen the bulkhead on this airplane since it is the least of the evils.

It is not like some of the old NW configurations where the bulkheads are actually really good seats. I do not think that this airplane has any really good seats.
I thought 2D was good, but then again I'm so rarely in First Class that maybe I was just overwhelmed by the rare upgrade
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Exit Row

Do any of the seats in row 19 (the first exit row) recline?
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
I don't know why anybody praises the DL 739, it is a horrible plane.
Even the pilots don't like it. Flies like a dog.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
Even the pilots don't like it. Flies like a dog.
Not very surprising at all considering it's nearly the size of a 757 powered by a pair of advanced hairdryers with a far less powerful wing. It's just a stretch of what is essentially a 50 year old design.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cmd320
Not very surprising at all considering it's nearly the size of a 757 powered by a pair of advanced hairdryers with a far less powerful wing. It's just a stretch of what is essentially a 50 year old design.
I wonder if the A321 will be as hated when it comes into the fleet next year?

I'm not a fan of the 739 at all. Between the coffin like lavs and the lack of galley space, there isn't much to like on this plane.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
I wonder if the A321 will be as hated when it comes into the fleet next year?

I'm not a fan of the 739 at all. Between the coffin like lavs and the lack of galley space, there isn't much to like on this plane.
Every A321 I've been on has been better than every 739 I've been on. There are of course exceptions depending on how airlines configure them, but as far as I've experienced the A321 is a vastly superior aircraft.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just as cmd320 said above, I also have never been on an 321 that was not head and shoulders more comfortable than that DL 739 or any of the 737 series.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Just as cmd320 said above, I also have never been on an 321 that was not head and shoulders more comfortable than that DL 739 or any of the 737 series.
The A319/20 series have a fuselage that is 6" wider than the 707/727/737/757.

Not a whole lot of difference on the face of it, but the Airbus interiors never feel as cramped to me.

The 739 was designed by revenue management.

Last edited by Sabai; Feb 8, 2015 at 4:34 pm
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Still trying to find out about Row 19 Exit

Originally Posted by qukslvr619
Do any of the seats in row 19 (the first exit row) recline?
Is there any difference with the ability to recline with 19A and 19C? Are they both fixed upright or is there a small recline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.