Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member emancj and it includes a photograph

Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member tvnwz

Trip Report posted by FlyerTalk member 355F1
Print Wikipost

Delta New 737-900ER Interior

Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah there is a good amount of US-GUM traffic due to the govt/military presence there.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by fattieonboard
This thread is about the 737-900ER.

Can we get back on topic??

Below is a thread for the 757-200 discussions:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post21739369

Thanks.

Fattie (for moderator)
Well, you tried!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
I realize there is probably nothing I can say that will alleviate your disappointment regarding the slightly smaller FC cabin but hopefully the dramatic improvement in the overall experience aboard the entire 752 fleet will help to offset it.

No more inconsistent cabins, lavs, seats, IFE, etc. All 56 will benefit from entirely new cabins (similar to the BSI), AVOD with 11" screens in FC and 9" screens in EC/YC, full cabin power, new FC and EC seats (same as the 739 and 753), new LED lighting, new lavs and new galleys. The domestic and Hawaii a/c will also get live sat TV.
Hi Chris,

How much of this, very sad and depressing, gut-wrenching blow to us Diamonds, who will even more often soon have to do the "walk of shame" to coach, is set in stone? Any chance Delta will rethink such a massive downgrade (sorry enhancement) of seats?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Hi Chris,

How much of this, very sad and depressing, gut-wrenching blow to us Diamonds, who will even more often soon have to do the "walk of shame" to coach, is set in stone? Any chance Delta will rethink such a massive downgrade (sorry enhancement) of seats?
I am sure that if answered at all, it will be much-more eloquent than this, BUT:

WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATION, THERE IS A COLUMN TO THE LEFT THAT IS COACH FARES, A COLUMN TO THE RIGHT THAT IS FIRST CLASS FARES. IF YOU CLICK THE COLUMN TO THE RIGHT, THERE WILL BE NO "WALK OF SHAME" INVOLVED IN YOUR TRAVEL EXPERIENCE.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Makes AAs 24F on 757s look pretty good now. And I was annoyed they couldn't get their 757s up to 26 like DL.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I am sure that if answered at all, it will be much-more eloquent than this, BUT:

WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATION, THERE IS A COLUMN TO THE LEFT THAT IS COACH FARES, A COLUMN TO THE RIGHT THAT IS FIRST CLASS FARES. IF YOU CLICK THE COLUMN TO THE RIGHT, THERE WILL BE NO "WALK OF SHAME" INVOLVED IN YOUR TRAVEL EXPERIENCE.
You don't have to yell

I am very proud of my year end 230,000 MQM and my MQD spend of under $5000! but that is another thread I know!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...mqm-ratio.html
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Thank you Chris...for the quick response....the upgrades to the 56 transcon birds will be something to look forward to and hopefully I will be upfront most likely in Paid First and will enjoy them....I am sure that if Delta later on decides to go to 26 or 28 F... left of the 2L door that mod would be very easy to do at a later date....I have one final question...the 757-300's..the 16 are they getting the same mods or at least IFE...???

Thanks again for your participation on the forum.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Chris_DeltaCustExp,

Thanks for the replies. The reconfigures make sense for the bottom line, and while not everyone will like it, it is what it is.

That said, are there any SOFT product enhancements coming per my question in the post below? Specifically, enhancements that make the cabin feel more like a premium, worth paying for experience vs. slightly more space and random, if rare food?

Thanks,
-G

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21731799-post71.html
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good question regarding the 757-300s. I wonder if they will be getting mods, and if they'll retain a higher number of F seats (perhaps staying at 24) due to the extended Y cabin.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Domestic
685-699
6700-6717
5652-5657

Hawaii
5635-5638
5644-5649

Interport
5639-5643
5650-5651
Well at least the 5500 series will get retired. Bummer about the interport dropping to 37" in F.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
First, let me say I appreciate Chris engaging the Delta FT forum in this manner. It's clear that not everybody likes the changes, but the discussion in here is far more civil than in certain other threads, and that's in no small part to to Chris's sincerity and responsiveness. One can only hope the other departments at Delta take note.

Hard to criticize F:Y ratios. Delta has stated 10% as the target, and we've known all along the 757s were F heavy compared to the rest of the fleet. This will certainly impact the likelihood of Medallion upgrades from what we're used to, but with DL setting the 10% target, there's hardly any more to discuss along that front.

However, Chris's area of expertise is the product, not the loyalty program, so I hope he can take our input on the hard product back to the appropriate Delta customer experience teams. And along those lines, I'll add my feedback that non-tilting video screens are a huge miss. Everybody owns a monitor or television with a viewing angle that probably exceeds these new PTV screens... and nobody tilts it down towards their lap for viewing because they think it looks good that way. Yet that's essentially what happens when the person in front of you reclines. "Can't see the screen" is a bit dramatic, but there's no question it's a poor experience.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta, SPG
Originally Posted by rylan
Good question regarding the 757-300s. I wonder if they will be getting mods, and if they'll retain a higher number of F seats (perhaps staying at 24) due to the extended Y cabin.
Chris already posted the 753s are staying at 24.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
Chris already posted the 753s are staying at 24.
Oops, sorry missed that
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
The prototype is scheduled to enter mod in late 2014 and RTS in early-mid 2015...final mod schedule is still being determined.
Chris,
Does that mean that A320 interiors are getting updated to include new seats, AVOD, Power etc.?

thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Chris_DeltaCustExp, thanks for your response.

One question about the A320: Are there plans to install AVOD on these aircraft? Also, what model of seats will these aircraft be getting? I presume the seats will be the same model as on the A321s (which I haven't heard any info on yet).

In addition to the Zodiac/Weber 5751 and B/E Aerospace Pinnacle, other options include the Recaro CL 3620 and the Aviointeriors Columbus Three. I don't think Delta nor Northwest have ever purchased an Aviointeriors product before; I know some ex-Northwest aircraft have Recaro seats, and the 75Es currently feature Recaro seats in BusinessElite (although they are leased).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.