Delta360 for HVC DM's

Old Oct 21, 2013, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
The first point isn't very useful when you constantly switch SIM cards across multiple nations.
It's not that hard to authenticate against a list of up to 5 numbers or something like that.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by johnm1019
It's not that hard to authenticate against a list of up to 5 numbers or something like that.
Yes, my AA EXP profile currently has two numbers in it to authenticate me as calling, my cell phone, and a relative's home phone for those really long calls (Explorer awards etc.) that I'd rather not use my cell phone for!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Despite my lack of Porsche service in ATL (live there, have gotten it once) and my dismal record at the JFK meet and greet (never gotten it), my wife says I have a package from DL waiting at home (I hope its 360!)! I'm assuming for now that my $100K+ annual spend and 300K annual BIS miles was enough. Unfortunately, I'm in Los Angeles for the rest of the week and won't get it until Friday evening late and yet I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas morning! Who says DL can't find a way to improve CS.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jsmith50
Despite my lack of Porsche service in ATL (live there, have gotten it once) and my dismal record at the JFK meet and greet (never gotten it), my wife says I have a package from DL waiting at home (I hope its 360!)! I'm assuming for now that my $100K+ annual spend and 300K annual BIS miles was enough. Unfortunately, I'm in Los Angeles for the rest of the week and won't get it until Friday evening late and yet I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas morning! Who says DL can't find a way to improve CS.
It's wonderful if DL improves CS for the new 360 members but if they do it at the expense of the other elites that's going to be a problem. UA learned a VERY valuable lesson during their merger when they kisses their GS members' a@@es while treating the 1Ks and other elites like crap. Many of the other elites revolted and bolted to AA the moment AA offered a top-tier status match. This hit UA's RASM in a negative way that they have not recovered from. Here's hoping DL is not so stupid as to follow the same path.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:18 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Nothing here.
232k miles, 32k in spending and 100 segments.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/SC, SPG Plat, UA, AA, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jsmith50
Is there anything on the Delta website indicating that you have it?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
It's wonderful if DL improves CS for the new 360 members but if they do it at the expense of the other elites that's going to be a problem. UA learned a VERY valuable lesson during their merger when they kisses their GS members' a@@es while treating the 1Ks and other elites like crap. Many of the other elites revolted and bolted to AA the moment AA offered a top-tier status match. This hit UA's RASM in a negative way that they have not recovered from. Here's hoping DL is not so stupid as to follow the same path.
That is exactly my concern. I hope the rest of us DM's don't take a back seat to make room for whatever the extra-special 360 service will be.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL DM
That is exactly my concern. I hope the rest of us DM's don't take a back seat to make room for whatever the extra-special 360 service will be.

LOL - here we go.

What part of "our most-valuable customers will be treated as such" doesn't FT understand? If you don't make the cut, you don't make the cut. The folks with this spend DESERVE EVERYTHING they get - AT THE EXPENSE of those that don't.

Now...let's follow true FT form and start the "I'd come back to DL if they offered this to me" threads....and how about the "DL doesn't recognize my spend" threads.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
I think it may be a unicorn. So far we have two people saying or thinking they have it, but no details. Anytime Delta released something there were dozens of responses to threads like this with pics, details, etc.

I think there are very few fliers that spend +$50k annually, and of those that do, I suspect a great deal of them are on this site.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
My MQD is just over $25k so far and about the same on AA.
There will have to be some pretty good perks to have me consolidate back to flying 100% DL and give up usable SWU/eVIP, IFC and a great FF program that gives me options.

I am heading back to the house tomorrow and will report if there is anything waiting from DL.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bubbashow
LOL - here we go.

What part of "our most-valuable customers will be treated as such" doesn't FT understand? If you don't make the cut, you don't make the cut. The folks with this spend DESERVE EVERYTHING they get - AT THE EXPENSE of those that don't.

Now...let's follow true FT form and start the "I'd come back to DL if they offered this to me" threads....and how about the "DL doesn't recognize my spend" threads.
Yes yes we know anything DL does must be blindly accepted. Sorry, but the point is about not diluting benefits that we already have just because somebody who flies and spends a lot just misses getting into the super secret tier. If good customer service is stripped from the DM tier and only focused on the top 1% or whatever, then it is a net loss and devaluation of benefits from the program.

I'm glad you don't run a business where customer service is important. DL has done well with their cs for its elites, and a lot of pax stick with DL now because of that despite other devaluations. If they pull a UA as mentioned and we find out that some of the 'DM only' benefits go poof, there will be even less reason to be "loyal". Catering to only the top tiny fraction while alienating everyone else is not a viable long term business model.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Originally Posted by rylan
Yes yes we know anything DL does must be blindly accepted. Sorry, but the point is about not diluting benefits that we already have just because somebody who flies and spends a lot just misses getting into the super secret tier. If good customer service is stripped from the DM tier and only focused on the top 1% or whatever, then it is a net loss and devaluation of benefits from the program.

I'm glad you don't run a business where customer service is important. DL has done well with their cs for its elites, and a lot of pax stick with DL now because of that despite other devaluations. If they pull a UA as mentioned and we find out that some of the 'DM only' benefits go poof, there will be even less reason to be "loyal". Catering to only the top tiny fraction while alienating everyone else is not a viable long term business model.
To what airline will you flee?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Deadtail
I think it may be a unicorn. So far we have two people saying or thinking they have it, but no details. Anytime Delta released something there were dozens of responses to threads like this with pics, details, etc.

I think there are very few fliers that spend +$50k annually, and of those that do, I suspect a great deal of them are on this site.
One data point: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86...e=statusSearch
Old Oct 21, 2013, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Deadtail

Again, it's not a hard $50K in spend rather it's a certain formula of Delta's very top customers using spend as the main criteria. I'm not at all surprised few FT'ers are on here, but the program is just rolling out too.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bubbashow
To what airline will you flee?
The construct of your question suggests that I would move my business to one airline specifically which is not the case.

Over the past few years I have witnessed a continuous dilution of benefits tied to my loyalty with a single carrier. I am closely approaching the point where I can no longer justify spending more and inconveniencing myself with blind loyalty when I can book a ticket and value engineer my way up the things I value by paying a little more.

1. With Pre-Check I no longer require elite security lines.

2. With advanced web technology I take care of most of my issues without talking to a human at the airline.

3. I can purchase a better seat, a seat up front and early boarding for a few bucks more.

4. I have a credit card for every airline I fly so I not longer need to worry about baggage fees.

5. My credit cards also get me into the airline clubs for the airlines that I fly which provides me necessary support during IRROPS without standing in mile-long customer service lines.

So, the answer is that I wouldn't flee to "any" airline. I will flee to "all" airlines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.