Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK T4 Lounge: Sky Club vs Wingtips Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 Lounge: Sky Club vs Wingtips Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:53 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
I went in there 8 November at around 5 PM. Pretty much the same as Oasis. Really satisfactory selection of little sandwiches and snacks, plus Basmati rice, a dish that I didn't try, and a nice chicken-potato dish (not Vindaloo, not so spicy). They don't clean the shower after each use, but it's fine. I went into shower with no wait, somebody came in right after me. They have the towels in a locked cabinet. Plastic dishes and utensils now, which is a step down from what I remember. Self-service bar, which I didn't try because I didn't have a lot of time.

Quiet and nice, nice food, nice time.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If the lounge is now locking the cabinet with towels, how does one get a towel to take a shower? This sounds like a nuisance which differs from their previous policy.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If the lounge is now locking the cabinet with towels, how does one get a towel to take a shower? This sounds like a nuisance which differs from their previous policy.
You go to the front and ask and then they open it and let you have some. So, next time I'm just going to ask for a towel upon check-in.

Yes it does differ from their previous policy and yes it is a nuisance.

And oh, when I was in there the women's side was closed. But I'm going back out of JFK on Friday and will report if it's open.

It's clean, nice and (if they fix the women's side promptly and things don't break again soon) well-maintained. And they only have a complimentary bar, not a "luxury" bar. And they have Bailey's and other stuff.

And real food.

If you have Amex Platinum (and have requested and received the Priority Pass that comes with the Amex Platinum) you can get into Wingtips *and* Skyclub.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: United MP Silver, Club Carlson Gold, SW CP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Priv Gold, SPG Gold
Question From T7 to T4

Originally Posted by xpsoliver
I'm arriving into JFK terminal 7... close to midnight. I'm going to have about 5 hours... Is it possible to use my PP membership to get me into the Wingtips lounge...?
I have a similar question, but I didn't see the answer I needed. I'm flying United into T7 at 2:30 a.m. And flying out United from T7 at 9 a.m. Can I get into T4 to get into the Wingtips lounge without a problem (from TSA or lounge) ?
Old Nov 23, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by gatorlionhawk
I have a similar question, but I didn't see the answer I needed. I'm flying United into T7 at 2:30 a.m. And flying out United from T7 at 9 a.m. Can I get into T4 to get into the Wingtips lounge without a problem (from TSA or lounge) ?
Wingtips is airside. You will need a boarding pass for one of the airlines flying out of T4, to get past security.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:59 pm

lx lounge in terminal 4 vs wing tips?

traveling on an oz F award ticket. but have a lounge club card that I haven't used yet this year.

I think I will have access to wing tips thru that.

any thoughts on which is better. try both?

F ticket wont give me access to SQ lounge?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:24 pm

Went into the Wingtips Lounge at about 10 p.m. on November 23 2013 and spent an hour and a half there. Lots of savory snacks but as I was looking around a waitress came up and offered me food. They had rice and curry chicken - very delicious. Good selection of fresh fruit - apples (green and red), bananas, oranges, grapes and strawberries. Self serve bar with all the usual drinks and beer and wine also available on request. Couldn't complain. Lounge not crowded at all
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by roquejo
Moving Wingtips lounge to airside creates an issue to priority pass holders as they now lost their lounge access in JFK unless they are departing in terminal 1, 4, and 7.
Apologies for dragging this thread back off-topic, but since this is the best information I have found on the Wingtips lounge I am going to tack my question on here.

Can I assume from roquejo's post that there is an airside connection between terminals, 1, 4, and 7 ?

Specifically, I will be arriving in T4 shortly after midnight on a Copa flight from PTY. Then departing from T7 on Air Canada at appr. 7 A.M.

If I have my AC bp will I be able to access the Wingtips lounge in T4 ? I assume that I would have to leave the secure part of T4 when I arrive, go through security at T7, and then make my way back to T4 airside ?

I do promise to write an update on the lounge if I manage to get there. I am particularly curious as to what liquor is available in the middle of the night !
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by thebobmc
Apologies for dragging this thread back off-topic, but since this is the best information I have found on the Wingtips lounge I am going to tack my question on here.

Can I assume from roquejo's post that there is an airside connection between terminals, 1, 4, and 7 ?

Specifically, I will be arriving in T4 shortly after midnight on a Copa flight from PTY. Then departing from T7 on Air Canada at appr. 7 A.M.

If I have my AC bp will I be able to access the Wingtips lounge in T4 ? I assume that I would have to leave the secure part of T4 when I arrive, go through security at T7, and then make my way back to T4 airside ?
NO.

You can travel between T2 and T4 on the Delta bus. There is no airside connection from T7 to T4. I'm pretty sure you can't get through the checkpoint at T4 with a T7 boarding pass.

I also figure that AC doesn't use the Wingtips lounge; why would they? None of their passengers would think to go there. But if you can get to Wingtips and have Priority Pass you can go in there, and if you don't, you can pay to get in. But you have to get to it.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
But if you can get to Wingtips and have Priority Pass you can go in there, and if you don't, you can pay to get in. But you have to get to it.
Carl, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I should have been more clear. In theory I have access to the Wingtips Lounge with my Diners Club card.

My question was strictly whether I could physically get to the Lounge with a T7 Boarding pass.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 3:28 pm

No, you cannot get through security in T4 to access the lounge with a T7-departing boarding pass (unless you get lucky with a TSA agent).

The reference to Priority Pass access in T7 upthread is NOT that there is an airside connection between T4 and T7. Rather the United Club in T7 is part of Priority Pass (though excluded for members who get PP access through the Amex Platinum card).
Old Feb 8, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by gooselee
IME with the T2/4 jitney, if you're just polite and tell them that you're accessing a lounge in T4 and know you'll need to take it back in time for your T2 flight, they'll let you hop right on. The BP checking seems to be mainly to help with people actually knowing where they need to go and where the bus will or will not take them.
Used the jitney to go from T2 to T4 2 weeks ago. Was using it just to visit Skyclub on T4 (after trancon put me in T2). Showed them my BP for T2 arrival and explained I was visiting the Skyclub at T4, no problems and let me on through.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Even though I arrived at T2 and leaving out of T2 there was no problem taking the bus to T4. The Delta agents are very helpful in helping you with gate assignments, but have no problem with people taking the bus even if not leaving from T4.

The Wingtips lounge is pretty good.. much better than the Sky Club in alcohol and food selections, although not anything near a foreign lounge or an Amex lounge.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:20 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
I am arriving T1 on a TK flight, will I be able to access the KAL lounge in T1 with a connecting boarding pass with DL over at T4 and PP access? I'm reading conflicting reports on this.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by GuyverII
I am arriving T1 on a TK flight, will I be able to access the KAL lounge in T1 with a connecting boarding pass with DL over at T4 and PP access? I'm reading conflicting reports on this.
When you arrive on TK you will have to clear passport control and customs and will then be landside. It is highly doubtful that they will let you clear security at T1 (to access the KAL lounge there) if you are holding a boarding pass for a DL flight that leaves from T4. You can clear security at T4 using the Delta boarding pass but you won't be able to access T1 from airside of T4. You can access airside of T2...but that only has another Delta lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.