Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) now reported on delta.com

Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond

Originally Posted by DwayneSkyMiles
In January, we announced changes to SkyMiles Medallion qualification with the addition of Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) as a component needed to earn Medallion status as of January 1, 2014.

While the MQDs requirement will not go into effect until January, you can now view your 2013 MQDs on your Account Activity page and My SkyMiles page at delta.com. Also, when you are logged into delta.com to book a ticket, the estimated MQDs, miles and Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) you’ll earn for that flight are now shown on the Trip Summary page. We’re updating your display now so that you can start familiarizing yourself with MQDs and what they mean for your travel planning.

More information about what counts and what doesn’t count can be found at the Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) page, along with responses to some of the most frequently asked questions about the upcoming changes.

This week, SkyMiles members will begin to receive emails from us to highlight where MQDs can be found at delta.com. As we get closer to the end of the year, we’ll start introducing new tracking tools in more places so that you always have the information you need to make informed travel decisions.

You’ll be able to track and monitor your total Eligible Purchases toward the MQD Waiver (Delta SkyMiles Credit Card spend) at delta.com beginning January 1, 2014.

We will continue to update you as we get closer to introducing this new component of our Medallion program.

I didn't see it yesterday, so I'm thinking they added it overnight. There is also now a link to My Skymiles under the My Delta tab on the home page. I actually like that, because it was a pain to navigate there before. Click the My Skymiles link and you should see it under your MQMs and MQSs. Now to do the math and see if it's correct...

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Sep 9, 2013 at 10:20 am Reason: Merged the 2 threads on this topic
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:26 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
There it is and the MQD looks right at first glance.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Mine is there, seems correct as well...
Maybe they fixed the award calendar at the same time
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
You can see the MQD's by flight segment when you look at the details.

MQD's are credited for the year flown so tix purchased in 2012 and flown in 2013 are credited to 2013.

AMEX spend still trumps MQD's.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Sep 9, 2013 at 5:43 am
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
It's not on the mobile app
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
For me (with a foreign address), it says

Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs)* --
Current YTD - U.S. Members Only
So I apparently can't track MQDs even though they don't affect me.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:47 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Fascinating. I've already renewed PM for next year on segments. I've well below the PM MQM threshold, but more than double the MQD threshold.

I try to purchase low fares, but it isn't always possible, so I've got a pretty good mix of fares in my 100+ flights so far this year. Scanning individual tickets... I had a a BHM-ATL-IAD o/w X fare where the first segment credited just $20. On the other hand, a o/w GRR-ATL A fare netted $534. Looking at other records, it's easy to see where those purchasing lower fares are going to struggle to meet the spending requirement.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Checked my MQD and mileage and both are correct.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:51 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Another data point: Flying US XXX-CLT-YYY I got stuck in CLT last month. US paid DL for me to fly DL instead. DL booked this as an A fare and awarded the additional MQM credit to my account, and the original US ticket was expensive, but the credited MQD is a paltry $58!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: DL DM
That's an interesting window into how much airlines pay each other to transport pax on irops.

Would be fun to track that if people can see it all of a sudden.

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Another data point: Flying US XXX-CLT-YYY I got stuck in CLT last month. US paid DL for me to fly DL instead. DL booked this as an A fare and awarded the additional MQM credit to my account, and the original US ticket was expensive, but the credited MQD is a paltry $58!
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
This MQD threshold requirement will thin the herd in 2015.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
An interesting data point will be to get a sense of MQM/Dollar as the year progresses, though it will be up to fellow FTers to develop and assign some related benchmarks.
Related question:
Any thoughts as to why the graph depicts activity 9 mos trailing, and the chart reflects YTD?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Chalk me up as someone who would be better off if elite status were based purely on spend. I'll hit platinum MQD levels at the end of the month, but just past gold on MQMs last week. All looks right though.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Note that the PWM portion of first class tickets doesn't get counted for MQDs.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Also, I noticed that on a flight where I requested ORC, there were no MQDs issued. Interesting if that's the policy going forward, or perhaps it's just a glitch from the past.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.