Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Beware: small flock of middle aged women barefoot in JFK t4 club right now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware: small flock of middle aged women barefoot in JFK t4 club right now

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Not only do I wear shoes (and socks for TSA) but I also avoid shorts and sleeveless tops. I don't want to put my skin against the chairs that have been used by so many people in public places.

My fear with the barefoot flock would be that they put their feet on the upholstered furniture. Tables can be wiped off but not fabric surfaces with any degree of effectiveness.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: DL GM
I respect that your podophobic and/or mysophobic fears of my regularly-washed fungus-free bare feet and sandals is genuine to you. But that doesn't mean your fears are rational, or that it's appropriate to project them onto your fellow travellers.

Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Unfortunately in NY you have to see tons of people's disgusting feet all throughout the summer.
Originally Posted by mikeef
I shudder to think of the germs hanging around security, particularly in warm weather climates where people just have slip-on shoes without socks.
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
... Slip-ons, yes. With socks. But never sandals or barefoot. That is just gross.
<snip>
update: a guy just came into the ANC boardroom, wearing sandals and no socks...
Originally Posted by ryanm
Agreed, but you still--to varying degrees, depending on the sandals--have to see the feet, and hear the feet. Flip flops are worst. And they're not only gross to look at and gross to hear, apparently they're bad for the wearer's feet, too. I suppose that's a kind of poetic justice.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Cannot wait until I have the privilege of seeing this in the VA clubhouse
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
It's not really a big deal if their nasty feet are on the floor....
Sure..I'm not going to be eating off the floor, nor walking on it barefoot myself. ... I just don't want to see it! It just seemed liked there was a certain demographic that was feeling a bit too.....comfortable?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
Well in all honesty, I only became aware of this fact a few months ago when I saw an extensive discussion on this topic, I think in the aforementioned thread cataloguing photos of disgusting practices. My whole life I never knew you weren't allowed to fly barefoot. Does that mean I've ever done it? Nope, even before I knew it was against the terms. Slip-ons, yes. With socks. But never sandals or barefoot. That is just gross. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that flyertalk is the only reason I even know this is part of the CoC. I guarantee you almost none of the general public knows this. And if DL employees are aware of it, I've never seen them do anything about it. I've kept an eye out ever since learning about the no-no, but I've seen so many sandals or sockless feet in shoes, and often times these are removed from passengers' feet.

update: a guy just came into the ANC boardroom, wearing sandals and no socks...
Socks and sandals IS a fashion faux pas

I love the barefoot police threads... Going to the beach or pool must be absolutely offensive to them
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Cannot wait until I have the privilege of seeing this in the VA clubhouse
I mean this with all due respect, but I hope that they keep out all DL flyers except on VS tickets. Ruining the VS clubhouse would be a travesty.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Possibly the TSA stole their shoes?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy

I love the barefoot police threads... Going to the beach or pool must be absolutely offensive to them
So are you one the people with athlete's foot, warts and long toe nails that graces the rest of us with your majestic presence?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by WWGuy
I respect that your podophobic and/or mysophobic fears of my regularly-washed fungus-free bare feet and sandals is genuine to you. But that doesn't mean your fears are rational, or that it's appropriate to project them onto your fellow travellers.
Fear not, Thomas Hudson has bravely announced that he is a podophile.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
So are you one the people with athlete's foot, warts and long toe nails that graces the rest of us with your majestic presence?
No, I typically wear my Nikes and socks... Even if I weren't wearing shoes, I know what a pedicure is

I flew AA from HNL-MCO today. On the LAX-MCO segment, the guy across the aisle wss in socks throughout the flight.. no issue, excrpt he went to the lav in those sicks multiple times during flight..... That is just gross. I am confident the liquid on the floor of said lav is most likely not water......

Last edited by Crazyhotelguy; Jul 20, 2013 at 9:16 pm
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I quit...
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not only do I wear shoes (and socks for TSA) but I also avoid shorts and sleeveless tops. I don't want to put my skin against the chairs that have been used by so many people in public places.

My fear with the barefoot flock would be that they put their feet on the upholstered furniture. Tables can be wiped off but not fabric surfaces with any degree of effectiveness.
Would give a great boost to your immune system though.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy

Yep, I bet you would not get MSPEconomist on a beach or pool party!
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I am a leg man myself
Old Jul 20, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by zomba
i mean this with all due respect, but i hope that they keep out all dl flyers except on vs tickets. Ruining the vs clubhouse would be a travesty.
+1000000 ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.