Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

"The Club" new PP lounge at ATL F

"The Club" new PP lounge at ATL F

Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: DL, US
I just left the lounge and the only breakfast offerings were oranges, apples, yogurt, Oreos, and shortbread.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Gold Plus, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dknn
I just left the lounge and the only breakfast offerings were oranges, apples, yogurt, Oreos, and shortbread.
Bagels and oatmeal it is. Thanks for the quick response!
Old Dec 25, 2013, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by eturowski
Quick question - I am currently en route to ATL with my husband. I am trying to figure out which lounge to visit on our layover. Does anyone know if The Club has breakfast items on a regular weekday, or would I be better off just going to the Sky Club instead and making do with stale bagels and oatmeal-flavored glue? I don't mind paying the entry fee for my husband to enter The Club if the food is a bit better than the SC's offerings.
When I've been there in the late morning, they had regular non breakfast food, but I don't remember the exact time.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Find myself looking at a 3-hour layover en route to Africa. Have not been to ATL in years but it sounds like The Club > Skyclub for those departing from Term F. Nice to find a lounge that will actually let you bring food from the terminal - I guess free catering is too much to ask outside Europe I will report back.

Not sure if this is mentioned before, but this is the only lounge at ATL that provides free access to Lounge Club members (a subset of Priority Club provided to certain JPM Chase cardholders).
Old Oct 21, 2014, 10:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Find myself looking at a 3-hour layover en route to Africa. Have not been to ATL in years but it sounds like The Club > Skyclub for those departing from Term F. Nice to find a lounge that will actually let you bring food from the terminal - I guess free catering is too much to ask outside Europe I will report back.

Not sure if this is mentioned before, but this is the only lounge at ATL that provides free access to Lounge Club members (a subset of Priority Club provided to certain JPM Chase cardholders).
The Club at ATL is a PP lounge too. IIRC it also serves LH elite/premium passengers; IME there's almost always a LH staff member in LH uniform at the reception desk to help LH passengers.

AFAIK you cannot bring in outside food, although The Club serves a nice variety of free reasonably high quality food. However, their free wine selection seems the same as the free selection in the SC, also served by a bartender who is sometimes busy but tends to act pleasantly surprised when a tip is offered.

The Club is nice, but if you must pay and can enter the SC for free, I'd certainly take the F (or other convenient and reasonably nice) SC and save the money unless I had an unusually long connection and wanted to lounge hop a bit to avoid boredom.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:02 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
I'm usually at the Club between 9-10am and they still have breakfast items. Last week, I was there between 2-3pm and they had following food:

- Two choices of soup, Broccoli & Cheddar and Tomato Soup.
- Variety of sandwiches (the usual: tuna, ham, egg salad etc)
- carrots
- Baby Jesus (Cheese, Modern Family reference XD)
- hummus
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Although we laugh about the SC improvements, I haven't been to The Club nearly as often since they were implemented. I used to head to F even on a 90 minute layover. Now, I'll just have some food and a Jack and Coke in the SC. However, in Boraxo's case where he or she is already in F, I'd probably go for The Club assuming complimentary access to both. Last time I was in F I actually picked the SC, but that was because it was about 9am on a beautiful summer morning, and I wanted to drink coffee on the SkyDeck.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Club at ATL is a PP lounge too. IIRC it also serves LH elite/premium passengers; IME there's almost always a LH staff member in LH uniform at the reception desk to help LH passengers.

AFAIK you cannot bring in outside food, although The Club serves a nice variety of free reasonably high quality food. However, their free wine selection seems the same as the free selection in the SC, also served by a bartender who is sometimes busy but tends to act pleasantly surprised when a tip is offered.

The Club is nice, but if you must pay and can enter the SC for free, I'd certainly take the F (or other convenient and reasonably nice) SC and save the money unless I had an unusually long connection and wanted to lounge hop a bit to avoid boredom.
Agreed on all points here. In addition to LH, it also serves as a contract lounge for BA. The prevalence of LH and BA passengers might have something to do with the surprise over tips; the majority of customers are probably used to the European model of self-serve drinks in lounges as well less tipping in general. I've noticed that as well, and it certainly helps with getting quick service. I don't care for the wine selection either, but at least they have one local beer (Sweetwater 420).
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
How is the shower?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by italdesign
How is the shower?
Showers are nice. I was just here about 3 weeks ago and had a shower. Spacious shower rooms, nice calm lighting, clean, and functional. It's a full bathroom with sink, toilet, and shower.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by cmd320
Showers are nice. I was just here about 3 weeks ago and had a shower. Spacious shower rooms, nice calm lighting, clean, and functional. It's a full bathroom with sink, toilet, and shower.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Thanks DeltaPoints and cmd320.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Visited both The Club and the DL Lounge a couple of months ago. The Club is by far the better location, not even close. Better food (you can actually make a meal of it), better complimentary bar, nicer bathrooms - overall a great experience. Also plenty of TVs and comfy chairs.

Unfortunately the lounge closes early (I think 9pm) and opens late so if you are transiting outside those hours the SkyClub will be your only option. To be fair the showers are excellent, but that's about it.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
I finally used the shower earlier this month and thought it was clean and very spacious. I had my own toiletries so I didn't really use the ones provided.

Generally, I prefer the Club over the SC as it's seems to be less crowded. If I have a super long layover, I will head over at some point to the SC as the views are better.

Last week I was at the Club between approximately 10am-11:30am hoping they were going to switch out the breakfast items for lunch food. This never happened, so I walked over to the SC for the soup. Anyone know when they serve the post-breakfast food at the Club?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by NYCflip
I finally used the shower earlier this month and thought it was clean and very spacious. I had my own toiletries so I didn't really use the ones provided.

Generally, I prefer the Club over the SC as it's seems to be less crowded. If I have a super long layover, I will head over at some point to the SC as the views are better.

Last week I was at the Club between approximately 10am-11:30am hoping they were going to switch out the breakfast items for lunch food. This never happened, so I walked over to the SC for the soup. Anyone know when they serve the post-breakfast food at the Club?
I think they switch at 2pm. I'm not sure why it's so late, but I asked one time after waiting until noon and hoping to grab a lunch-like bite before my 1:30 flight.

FWIW, I always go to The Club in the evenings due to the superior food and beverage offerings, but in the mornings or lunch time I'll be more likely to go to the SC, either in F if I want to drink coffee on the SkyDeck or in whatever terminal I'm in otherwise.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Thanks mattp1987! Good to know.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.