ATL bag check question

Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: dl platinum
ATL bag check question

I have a domestic flight tomorrow morning departing from E concourse. Can I check my bags at international terminal, or do I have to check bags at domestic terminal
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
Either terminal is fine. Which ever location is convenient for you.

However for your inbound flight, you must exit out of the customs in F if ATL is your final destination. This is true even if your inbound flight parks at a gate in E concourse.

So park near F terminal or use an airport shuttle back to the domestic.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
ATL bag check question

OP is on a domestic flight, so on the return (assuming they are coming back from a domestic destination) their bag will go to the main terminal on the Concourse T side.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
gooselee, you're right. I don't know how I missed that.

OP, yes you can check your bags at F for the outbound flight. However you will have to collect your bags at the domestic terminal when(if) you return to ATL. So keep that in mind when you plan your parking and ride.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Yes, as others have shared. Security probably is quicker at F but your bags will go to the standard domestic baggage claim on return.

Popular question...Search is your friend...many threads on this topic exist already!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.