Promotions for SkyMiles transfers (bonus)?

Subscribe
Hello,

i havent been collecting SkyMiles for a longer period of time and two relatives of me also have not been using their SkyMiles account for more then three years. We want to transfer the miles from my two relatives into my SkyMiles account, because they wont fly with Delta any more, but i will.

Have there ever been any promotions for trasnfering SkyMiles, like a mileage bonus? Something like transfer 10000 SkyMiles and get a 50% bonus?

I did not follow this topic for a long time, so i wonder if Delta ever runs that type of promotion.

Thank you
I am in the same boat...they used to do this, but I haven't seen it in a while (2009 to be exact).
Ok, thanks.

If you havent seen such a promotion since 2009 (!) i am pretty afraid they dont do it any more :-(
Quote: Ok, thanks.

If you havent seen such a promotion since 2009 (!) i am pretty afraid they dont do it any more :-(
They could have had one since then, it's just the last time I used it and remember it...
Well i just found this:
http://thepointsguy.com/2011/12/delt...s-a-good-deal/

So its not all gone i guess.
wow that's a great deal, except that it expired 2 years ago.
Delta says Miles never expire.

But there are two SkyMiles accounts with my relatives that have been inactive for about 4 to 5 years now. Is there the possibility of them being closed and all the miles will be gone and lost?
Quote: Delta says Miles never expire.

But there are two SkyMiles accounts with my relatives that have been inactive for about 4 to 5 years now. Is there the possibility of them being closed and all the miles will be gone and lost?
Shouldn't happen. He previous poster was saying the transfer bonus expired.
I'm also curious as to when (if ever) this will happen. I used the 2011 bonus to great effect, but things have been stagnant.

Also wondering when, if ever, an AMEX MR-->Delta Skymiles transfer will happen. I wonder if under the new Skymiles system and DL and AMEX being bosom-buddies will make any difference? Seems like they don't see the need currently to offer any transfer bonuses. Have been sitting on my AMEX MR points for 2+ years now hoping they offer one.