Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

I'm flying to San Juan, PR in November on a business class (I fare) ticket. The booking class shows business and according to SC access rules, business elite customers can gain access to the club. However, when I pull up Delta's BE routes, SJU is not listed as a BE destination. Will I be granted access to the club on this "I" fare, business class ticket?

PS. If I can gain access, are there any affiliated clubs in SJU?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Too bad your CO PC membership won't be any help in November. My interpretation is that you would as your ticket would fall under "SkyTeam Premium Cabin". While it is a Business Cabin and not BusinessElite, it is still a premium cabin.

BusinessElite or SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passenger

Same day travel on a SkyTeam international flight or on a SkyTeam domestic flight connecting to/from an international flight operated by SkyTeam. (This includes same day travel on a Delta domestic flight connecting to a Deltaor any other SkyTeam partnerinternational flight.)
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Too bad your CO PC membership won't be any help in November. My interpretation is that you would as your ticket would fall under "SkyTeam Premium Cabin". While it is a Business Cabin and not BusinessElite, it is still a premium cabin.

However, to your point, there are no Sky Team lounges in PR. DL closed the CR last year.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyTLe

What exactly is a "premium cabin" on DL. If they don't consider SJU as a BE destination, then is it just F class? Not according to the ticket, it clearly say business class, but it's a 737 aircraft to SJU. Sure hope there is no problem getting in. You're right, too bad that CO PC card won't help me in November.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:41 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PE
Generally speaking, if you're in the front cabin of a two-class aircraft, you're in a premium cabin. Delta brands their product differently depending on the route and aircraft.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks. I was just wondering if the Caribbean was excluded from this. Ill be in the club next week, maybe I will ask the rep and see what they say.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
You shouldn't have any problem with lounge access... on routes like ATL-MEX I've had no problem gaining lounge access, even on upgrades received at the GM/PM window.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:20 pm

San Juan is NOT an INTERNATIONAL DESTINATION!
seryoga and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
You shouldn't have any problem with lounge access... on routes like ATL-MEX I've had no problem gaining lounge access, even on upgrades received at the GM/PM window.
On routes like ATL-MEX you have been flying Business Class internationally

International: Includes travel to/from Europe, Asia, South America, Central America, Africa, Canada, and Mexico (excludes travel to/from the Caribbean).

Last edited by WBurcham; Apr 16, 2009 at 12:34 pm
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by cielak
What exactly is a "premium cabin" on DL. If they don't consider SJU as a BE destination, then is it just F class? Not according to the ticket, it clearly say business class, but it's a 737 aircraft to SJU. Sure hope there is no problem getting in. You're right, too bad that CO PC card won't help me in November.
Business Class and Business Elite are two very different products. Business Class generally means Domestic First Seats. Business Elite is solely for DL INT Markets with BE Seats and Service.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PE
I think the OP alluded to "premium cabin". If that is the case, all the classes you mentioned count.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Business Class and Business Elite are two very different products. Business Class generally means Domestic First Seats. Business Elite is solely for DL INT Markets with BE Seats and Service.
So you're saying no club access for me traveling to SJU on a "business class" fare?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by WBurcham
On routes like ATL-MEX you have been flying Business Class internationally

International: Includes travel to/from Europe, Asia, South America, Central America, Africa, Canada, and Mexico (excludes travel to/from the Caribbean).
Interesting...I knew it included Mexico, but didnt know Caribbean routes were excluded. Am doing Curacao...guess Ill just have to use the 'ole Priority Pass.

When I was returning from Panama City, Panama the other day, the CRC/SkyClub agent said Central America doesnt count, but he would make an exception and let me in. I knew he was wrong and tried to correct him. He was adamant, I just shrugged and went inside. This guy has been there for awhile, and he's given me trouble before on other issues where I knew he was wrong. I try to avoid him as he's quite misinformed (he's usually in the B-25 club although they move around).
Old Apr 16, 2009, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Plan B

Ok, here is a little twist. I'm traveling from SAN-JFK-SJU in "business class". Since it's considered a trans-con F class (or business) I can access the club in SAN because of the trans-con F class SC access rule.
Question is this, once I get to JFK, can I use the club while I wait for the SJU flight? This is assuming they don't give me access based on my business class ticket going to SJU.

(IMO, if they aren't considering Caribbean destinations for club access while in biz class and they have no BE product in that market, why not just call it First class and be done with it?)
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:18 pm

Ok, here is a little twist. I'm traveling from SAN-JFK-SJU in "business class". Since it's considered a trans-con F class (or business) I can access the club in SAN because of the trans-con F class SC access rule.
Question is this, once I get to JFK, can I use the club while I wait for the SJU flight? This is assuming they don't give me access based on my business class ticket going to SJU.
Yes, the transcon SAN-JFK leg up front will give you access to the lounge in JFK.

(IMO, if they aren't considering Caribbean destinations for club access while in biz class and they have no BE product in that market, why not just call it First class and be done with it?)
The "Business" vs. "BusinessElite" terminology does seem to generate all kinds of confusion, but DL hasn't changed it yet, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.