Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:29 pm

I was able to guest 3 people in one-time (in JFK, of all places!) using my SC Card and my Delta Reserve. Actually, it was two clubs and neither agent said anything when I offered both cards.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: Delta GM, AA, PlatAmex, DeltaAmex
Originally Posted by runfit
I was able to guest 3 people in one-time (in JFK, of all places!) using my SC Card and my Delta Reserve. Actually, it was two clubs and neither agent said anything when I offered both cards.
Thanks for the info. Worth a try.
Jose
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:40 am

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
you can usually get another member to take a guest in for you if they don't have one.

a good icebreaker is to offer to buy them a drink if they can do you a favor. or promise not to take all the popcorn...
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: Delta GM, AA, PlatAmex, DeltaAmex
Originally Posted by Spiffster
you can usually get another member to take a guest in for you if they don't have one.

a good icebreaker is to offer to buy them a drink if they can do you a favor. or promise not to take all the popcorn...
Thanks for the info.
Jose
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:29 pm

SkyClub Access

Is it possible to access a Sky Club on a International BizElite ticket in an location that is not the departure airport?

For example flying LAX-ATL via AirTran, then ATL-LHR via Delta; would I be able to access the LAX Sky Club lounge in LAX with my bp for the ATL-LHR segment?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by onic
Is it possible to access a Sky Club on a International BizElite ticket in an location that is not the departure airport?

For example flying LAX-ATL via AirTran, then ATL-LHR via Delta; would I be able to access the LAX Sky Club lounge in LAX with my bp for the ATL-LHR segment?
The rules say no--if your LAX-ATL flight was on DL you'd be fine at LAX. It doesn't hurt to try, but I'd expect the answer to be no.

Customers traveling in BusinessElite on an international Delta flight or a domestic Delta flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta flight in BusinessElite or travel in international First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
The rules say no--if your LAX-ATL flight was on DL you'd be fine at LAX. It doesn't hurt to try, but I'd expect the answer to be no.

Customers traveling in BusinessElite on an international Delta flight or a domestic Delta flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta flight in BusinessElite or travel in international First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight.
I'm squinting at it a different way... that portion seems more to clarify that you can access if traveling domestically on DL and then connecting to a SkyTeam flight. OP is traveling that day in BusinessElite on an international Delta flight... just not leaving from that airport.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Yeah, I've been told by both FT members and a Delta CSR that you have access to any SkyClub as long as you're flying a BE ticket that day. However, since you're flying AirTran as the connecting flight, I'm not sure if that affects anything.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
The rules, as ambiguous as they are, clearly imply the answer is NO.

If you did not need to be on a DL domestic connection, they would not explicitly add the the DL connection would grant you the entrance.

Might as well try though, you could get in on either human error (they just assume you have a DL connection in ATL) or IT error if the computer beeps good/bad (I have no idea how the process works).

And if all else fails, DTKWUA?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: NW GE
I'd just go up and hand them the BP for ATL-XXX (international) and say you're on a same day BE ticket... worst they can say is no and send you packing.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:25 pm

Question along the thread:

I understand that Sky Club access is for Int'l flights as a GM, but why does the Delta website reads:

SkyTeam Elite Plus (Delta Diamond, Platinum, or Gold Medallion) SkyTeam Elite Plus (including Delta Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion) traveling in any cabin on a SkyTeam international flight* or a SkyTeam domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight (includes same-day travel on a Delta domestic flight connecting to an international Delta—or any other SkyTeam partner—flight). If traveling on a domestic itinerary, please show a Delta Sky Club membership card for lounge access.
https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp
Old Sep 6, 2011, 9:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by savekenny
Question along the thread:

I understand that Sky Club access is for Int'l flights as a GM, but why does the Delta website reads:

SkyTeam Elite Plus (Delta Diamond, Platinum, or Gold Medallion) SkyTeam Elite Plus (including Delta Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion) traveling in any cabin on a SkyTeam international flight* or a SkyTeam domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight (includes same-day travel on a Delta domestic flight connecting to an international Delta—or any other SkyTeam partner—flight). If traveling on a domestic itinerary, please show a Delta Sky Club membership card for lounge access.
https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp
Simply put...if you are GM, PM, DM and travelling on a domestic only route, you can not gain entrance to the SC with your BP alone (you'd need AmEx, SC membership, etc.). However, if you are Elite Plus and you are either a) flying internationally from point of departure, i.e., you are ATL-based and flying an international route from ATL, then you can get in to the SC with your BP. Or, if you are catching a connection to reach your international flight, you can usually get into the SC at your originating airport with your BP alone. Hope that helps!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:20 am

Got it. Thanks! A follow-up, does SC access also extend to arrival airport?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by savekenny
Got it. Thanks! A follow-up, does SC access also extend to arrival airport?
Depends on the airport. Many international airports, I've noticed will allow you admission, for example, to use the showers. Often, domestic SCs are looking for an outbound BP to let you in the door even with membership. I know this varies by location and I have, at times, had good luck getting in on arrival. In fact, 2 months ago flying through MSP, I was waiting for a colleague to arrive on a separate flight about 2 hours after I hit the ground to share a car to a meeting. Went to the F/G SC, explained the situation, they let me in. Spending those 2 hours in the SC beat 2 hours in an airport restaurant.

Good luck. Hopefully they'll take care of you.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by jsmith50
Depends on the airport. Many international airports, I've noticed will allow you admission, for example, to use the showers. Often, domestic SCs are looking for an outbound BP to let you in the door even with membership. I know this varies by location and I have, at times, had good luck getting in on arrival. In fact, 2 months ago flying through MSP, I was waiting for a colleague to arrive on a separate flight about 2 hours after I hit the ground to share a car to a meeting. Went to the F/G SC, explained the situation, they let me in. Spending those 2 hours in the SC beat 2 hours in an airport restaurant.

Good luck. Hopefully they'll take care of you.
Got it. Thanks! Will be arriving at HKG... so I think will be heading to either Qantas or KE lounge. Hope they will let me in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.