Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL Precheck - International Travel

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
The remaining question is whether international baggage can be checked in the South Terminal, or if it must be checked in F. I honestly am not sure, but would also like to know.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Apparently the OP did just that.
Since he is probably flying right now, we'll have to wait for his confirmation, but perhaps someone else can confirm. I can't see much difference between checking a bag on the domestic side and taking the train to F, and arriving on a connecting flight in T (with checked luggage) and taking the train to F. I could possibly imagine the TA making a comment like "you're supposed to check in at the international terminal," but I'd still expect them to go ahead and accept the luggage.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by LegalTender
TSA Pre✓ is not available on international itineraries, including domestic connections.
Incorrect... International itineraries on select carriers, including DL, are Pre Check eligible as of 5/7. http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2013...ional-flights/
Old May 31, 2013, 7:57 pm

Is anyone aware of any plan to open a pre-check lane at the international terminal in ATL? That will be sweet if/when.....
Old Jun 1, 2013, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Tom Williams
The remaining question is whether international baggage can be checked in the South Terminal, or if it must be checked in F. I honestly am not sure, but would also like to know.
Originally Posted by DLFan2
Apparently the OP did just that.
Since he is probably flying right now, we'll have to wait for his confirmation, but perhaps someone else can confirm. I can't see much difference between checking a bag on the domestic side and taking the train to F, and arriving on a connecting flight in T (with checked luggage) and taking the train to F. I could possibly imagine the TA making a comment like "you're supposed to check in at the international terminal," but I'd still expect them to go ahead and accept the luggage.
Yes, you can check bags for international flights in at the South Terminal. Done so many times.

Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: DL, US
I was able to check in at the domestic terminal for an international flight (Mexico). Additionally, I was able to use the pre-check line for this international flight.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta - Platinum / Marriott - Platinum Premier / Starwood - Platinum Preferred
Yes, I used the pre-check lane on the domestic side for a international trip to Costa Rica. I believe that a new lane may be established on the other side, but I forgot what the timeline is for that.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:15 am
Used to be hamajicky

Both the north and south (domestic) terminals at ATL now have pre-check lanes.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by xooz
Is anyone aware of any plan to open a pre-check lane at the international terminal in ATL? That will be sweet if/when.....
We were told Yes back in early June, but no specifics given.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:50 pm

Thanks.. good to know there is pre-check on the north side now. I usually never go over there but it could be handy.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: DM/3MM
There is no Pre-check line when arriving from int'l connecting to domestic.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
There is no Pre-check line when arriving from int'l connecting to domestic.
I can confirm this as well, or at least there was not one when I went through last Saturday.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I'm confused or missed something...

I know the North and South checkpoints at ATL have Pre-Check. Is it also located in the F Terminal, presumably upstairs since recent posts state there is no Pre-Check downstairs after clearing customs.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As of yesterday, there is still no PreCheck in ATL F, nor is there PreCheck for someone arriving on international into E or F. The only possibility is to exit at F and take the shuttle bus to the domestic check in area. However, there are kiosks, at least near the F connections bag drop after customs and before committing to go upstairs, to reprint the domestic boarding pass to see whether the words PreCheck appear.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
As of yesterday, there is still no PreCheck in ATL F, nor is there PreCheck for someone arriving on international into E or F.
Does any airport have PreCheck for arriving international passengers? Haven't seen it in ATL (as you said) nor DTW, my only two ports of entry this year. (Not avoiding MSP, just hasn't worked out. Am avoiding JFK )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.