Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AirFrance Mini Fares - DL Medallion perks?

AirFrance Mini Fares - DL Medallion perks?

Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
OP here, just saw this again.

Apparently, I forgot to report back - sorry.

I honestly can't recall about seats, but as was mentioned above, I did not get charged for a bag.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by remyontheroad

I honestly can't recall about seats, but as was mentioned above, I did not get charged for a bag.
Sweet! Thanks for reporting back.

I'm assuming you got full DL MQM/RDM also?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by remyontheroad

Thanks for reporting back!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gooselee
Sweet! Thanks for reporting back.

I'm assuming you got full DL MQM/RDM also?
in my experience 'yes' as long as the flight is AF coded and not 'Hop'. Had to retro-claim some miles but got them eventually.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Has anyone taken the AF Mini fares lately? From what I've been able to gather from the prior posts, STE+ can get lounge access and check a bag for free but cannot request prior seat assignments. Has anything changed since the last post?

Also, when the seats were assigned at the airport, someone said they got row 3; is this the case with others?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Old Feb 18, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
Has anyone taken the AF Mini fares lately? From what I've been able to gather from the prior posts, STE+ can get lounge access and check a bag for free but cannot request prior seat assignments. Has anything changed since the last post?

Also, when the seats were assigned at the airport, someone said they got row 3; is this the case with others?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Rode on a Mini fare CDG-LHR this month. You get your free bag and lounge access, even though the website will attempt to charge you (so only request this at check-in). Seat assignments are available once check-in begins, but I was only able to verify this on the AF iPhone app.

Lastly, mileage credit had to be retroactively done for some reason. Perhaps this has to do with the fare being ineligible for credit under FB.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:07 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
Rode on a Mini fare CDG-LHR this month. You get your free bag and lounge access, even though the website will attempt to charge you (so only request this at check-in). Seat assignments are available once check-in begins, but I was only able to verify this on the AF iPhone app.

Lastly, mileage credit had to be retroactively done for some reason. Perhaps this has to do with the fare being ineligible for credit under FB.
Same route last year, as well as other routes on mini fares, Bag was listed free from the moment I made the reservation. Mileage Credit automatic.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AY Gold, FB Gold, BT VIP
I was under the impression that I had booked a ticket AMS-CDG-DUB in booking class N & V. But during check-in, I noticed this funny "MiNi" logo in the top left corner of my boarding card. That means that there is NO mileage accrual, and worse, NO flights counted towards staying Platinum. I totally feel screwed over. Contacted Flying Blue to figure out where MiNi was indicated during the booking process (I am very sure it wasn't, as I always check the booking class and the ticket conditions of my 100+ flights a year). Didn't get a satisfying answer: "You are able to see the conditions at the time of the booking. The system will provide you with this information." Of course...
Well, not at the time of booking! It clearly indicated booking classes N and V on the ticket!

Anyway, my friends, stay away from the MiNi fares!

Last edited by aufmatt; May 14, 2015 at 6:43 am
Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Flew a MiNi fare CDG-GVA-CDG back in early May with the family. DM and GM got the following:

Access to Priority check-in
Access to Priority security
1 Bag free each way
Lounge access (+1 guest) in both CDG and GVA

Had to call to get flights to post to my account, and even then it took 6.5 weeks for them to post. 500 MQM each way, MQD and base miles were 5% of actual distance flown.

Really not all that different from all my other AF flights, other than it taking so long for the miles to post.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Had to call to get flights to post to my account, and even then it took 6.5 weeks for them to post. 500 MQM each way, MQD and base miles were 5% of actual distance flown.

Really not all that different from all my other AF flights, other than it taking so long for the miles to post.
Very strange. I get 1250 RDM on mini fares in that route (or CDG-LHR).
Old Jun 29, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by B7e7US
Very strange. I get 1250 RDM on mini fares in that route (or CDG-LHR).
Wow - that's a lot more than I received - here's what I got each way:

500 MQM
1 MQS
$13 MQD
141 RDM (64 Base Miles + 77 Bonus Miles as a DM)
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:25 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Fixed that for'ya!

Wow - that's a lot more than I received - here's what I got each way:

500 MQM
1 MQS
$13 MQD
141 RDM (64 Valuable Base Miles + 77 Valuable Bonus Miles as a DM)
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:53 am

The way these fares are constructed can be a bit screwy. Delta gave $26 MQD roundtrip. The actual fare was:
Base fare: 11 Euros
Taxes and Surcharges: 93.26 Euros
Issuing fee: 1 Euro
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:23 am

The way these fares are constructed can be a bit screwy. Delta gave $26 MQD roundtrip. The actual fare was:
Base fare: 11 Euros
Taxes and Surcharges: 93.26 Euros
Issuing fee: 1 Euro
Maybe because my address is in France (which sucks because I'm not targeted for any promotions at all), no MQDs are calculated and the base miles are 500 + 25% each way.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by B7e7US
Maybe because my address is in France (which sucks because I'm not targeted for any promotions at all), no MQDs are calculated and the base miles are 500 + 25% each way.
I knew about the MQD difference, but I didn't realize that they calculated mileage difference based on residency. Do they calculate your DL flights differently too or just partner flights?

The lack of promotions is why I haven't changed my mailing address to France.

Edit: Hmm - looks like base miles should be calculated the same crappy way: https://fr.delta.com/content/www/en_...ir-france.html

Last edited by SEA-Flyer; Jun 29, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.