Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can you have a passport delivered to ATL while waiting for NRT flight?

Can you have a passport delivered to ATL while waiting for NRT flight?

Old May 7, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe your passport will be checked in OKC, as your PNR shows you connecting to an international leg. If that's the case, then you might be in trouble.
Old May 7, 2013, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe your passport will be checked in OKC, as your PNR shows you connecting to an international leg. If that's the case, then you might be in trouble.
Remember, I have two passports so there is nothing to worry about in terms of getting to HKG whenever the check me at OKC, ATL, and NRT.
Old May 7, 2013, 5:38 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Xeno
Remember, I have two passports so there is nothing to worry about in terms of getting to HKG whenever the check me at OKC, ATL, and NRT.
Is the trip to Belarus on the same itinerary as the trip to HKG? If so, I wonder if Delta will want to see a visa there even though it is not your first stopover point.
Old May 7, 2013, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
Is the trip to Belarus on the same itinerary as the trip to HKG? If so, I wonder if Delta will want to see a visa there even though it is not your first stopover point.
The brief trip to MSQ comes three weeks into my stay at HKG so there is no organic link between the two tickets.
Old May 7, 2013, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Easy solution....

Just buy me a ticket in Biz - I will hand deliver it to you wherever you are... I'll do anything for a fellow FT'er
Old May 7, 2013, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Such compassion is truly touched, I mean touching.
Old May 7, 2013, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Just buy me a ticket in Biz - I will hand deliver it to you wherever you are... I'll do anything for a fellow FT'er
l underbid you. I'll do it for a B ticket with SWU upgrades confirmed. Of course, you also must cover my choice of hotel in Hong Kong. I'm even willing to deliver the passport to you at Chinese University.
Old May 7, 2013, 6:48 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
l underbid you. I'll do it for a B ticket with SWU upgrades confirmed. Of course, you also must cover my choice of hotel in Hong Kong. I'm even willing to deliver the passport to you at Chinese University.
Even lower bid - lowest economy fare (provided flights have EC aisle available). I will specify the hotel in advance so that you know the total cost involved
Old May 7, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I'll do it for the B ticket with confirmed SWU upgrades and cover the hotel myself. I'll also provide some recommendations of good novels set in Hong Kong, if you're interested.
Old May 7, 2013, 8:58 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by TTT
I can't imagine that the originating airline will require a visa for a country on a downline itinerary that is not visited on a connecting flight. It might be that one is obtaining the visa en route (in HKG or BKK for the next city being visited). At least I have never heard of an airline requiring a visa for a country that the passenger was not immediately visiting. Who knows if plans might change and that country requiring a visa might never even be visited? Do you have any specific examples to share? I would be very interested.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by fti
I can't imagine that the originating airline will require a visa for a country on a downline itinerary that is not visited on a connecting flight. It might be that one is obtaining the visa en route (in HKG or BKK for the next city being visited). At least I have never heard of an airline requiring a visa for a country that the passenger was not immediately visiting. Who knows if plans might change and that country requiring a visa might never even be visited? Do you have any specific examples to share? I would be very interested.
Yeah, you should be safe. AFAIK, they only validate travel documents for the leg that you are checking in for.

And I 100% support the decision to send your passport to Hong Kong. Trying to connect at the airport in between flights is a Hail Mary move...much better to go for an option with less risk (and probably less cost).
Old May 8, 2013, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My experience in using transit without visa for PVG is that there was no visa check before NRT: not in ATL, DTW, or ICN.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Gld HH SPG
The tardiness of renewal is astounding. Good Luck though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.