Wiki Posts
Search

No flight delay notification?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, MM
No flight delay notification?

So I'm guessing I shouldn't rely on flight delay notifications?

Got to the airport 2.5 hours early this morning due to a flight delay. Were the prior notifications just luck? Love delta IT.
Old May 6, 2013, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
IME, it varies...sometimes I get an email, sometimes not. That said, I usually go to dl.com or use the app to check the status of my flight(s) myself.
Old May 6, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
DL usually calls me, but sometimes I don't get it until its to late, however I also get an email stating they are trying to reach me

I rely more on TRIPIT, their notifications come way before Delta.
Old May 29, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Bring up an old thread. What is going with delay notifications? Last night flying PIT-ATL, no email, no text, no call for a flight that was delayed over 45 min and changed gates. It also seemed that there were problems with DL app. There are times that the notifications are overkill with 10+ calls, emails, texts, ... or there are none, like last night.

Anybody experience lack of notifications recently? or was it just the app problems? THX
Old May 29, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond,1.8 MM; AA Gold
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
Bring up an old thread. What is going with delay notifications? Last night flying PIT-ATL, no email, no text, no call for a flight that was delayed over 45 min and changed gates. It also seemed that there were problems with DL app. There are times that the notifications are overkill with 10+ calls, emails, texts, ... or there are none, like last night.

Anybody experience lack of notifications recently? or was it just the app problems? THX
I haven't received calls or emails in over 4 months. This week I had an hour delay and a gate change in ATL from C gates to F gates (while I sat in C concourse SC) without anything from Delta. Have called Delta twice to investigate and they say they are getting the corporate travel 800 phone number with my reservation from Deem (our corporate travel booking system) instead of my personal contact information, but I've been using this same system for years without any problem. Can't seem to get to the root of the problem. I'll be curious to see if others are encountering this with other corporate online booking systems because Delta blamed it on my end, not theirs. I've got my travel division looking into it from Deem's IT end.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I haven't gotten calls in a long time, and they were only ever hit or miss. More recently I've been getting emails with a bit more reliability, and recently, for the first time ever, text messages.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.