Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Sign in using an external account

Old May 14, 13, 8:42 am   #286

Programs: DL KM/DM/MM (AA Gold, emeritus CO Plat, and no place like home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmd View Post
+1!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
+2
+3!

I always have singles for tips, but I will not pay for a 'premium' drink...
What's next? the return of the 'premium sandwiches' for $15 dollars?!
Old May 14, 13, 8:44 am   #287
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
Update from DL on Club beverage changes

Delta Sky Clubs are changing the selection of both complimentary and for-purchase premium alcoholic beverages beginning tomorrow. Complimentary well-known alcohol brands will still be provided at the Club just as they have been.

Altering our complimentary offerings will enable us to expand our portfolio of premium for-purchase products and maintain complimentary spirits, beer and wine as we continue to invest in the overall Club experience. We review our Club offerings periodically so that we are able to make changes based on customer feedback, financial considerations and other factors including the variety of options we offer our members.

The new offerings are comparable to house/well brands in other airport lounges.
  • Complimentary spirits: Vodka - Gordon's; Gin – Gordon’s; Rum - Myers's Platinum; Scotch – Scoresby; Bourbon - Jack Daniel's; Sweet Vermouth - Martini & Rossi; Extra Dry Vermouth - Martini & Rossi.
  • Complimentary beer: Budweiser and Miller Lite
  • Complimentary wine: no changes to current wine offerings
Other brands will be available through our for-purchase options available through our Luxury Bar. Our goal is to offer members quality products and services at reasonable prices that are competitive with other airport lounges while continuing to provide good value for membership.
Old May 14, 13, 8:53 am   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy View Post
Delta Sky Clubs are changing the selection of both complimentary and for-purchase premium alcoholic beverages beginning tomorrow. Complimentary well-known alcohol brands will still be provided at the Club just as they have been.

Altering our complimentary offerings will enable us to expand our portfolio of premium for-purchase products and maintain complimentary spirits, beer and wine as we continue to invest in the overall Club experience. We review our Club offerings periodically so that we are able to make changes based on customer feedback, financial considerations and other factors including the variety of options we offer our members.

• Complimentary spirits: Vodka - Gordon's; Gin – Gordon’s; Rum - Myers's Platinum; Scotch – Scoresby; Bourbon - Jack Daniel's; Sweet Vermouth - Martini & Rossi; Extra Dry Vermouth - Martini & Rossi.
Other brands will be available through our for-purchase options available through our Luxury Bar. Our goal is to offer members quality products and services at reasonable prices that are competitive with other airport lounges while continuing to provide good value for membership.
i have never tasted Scoresby scotch, but the reviews that i have just read make me incredibly sad. i already miss Dewar's. we'll see how bad this Scoresby hooch is on thursday....
squatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 13, 8:58 am   #289
Used to be nypdLieu

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Quote:
y; Bourbon - Jack Daniel's; .
phew!
Old May 14, 13, 9:04 am   #290

Programs: DL PM
Thanks, DLCorpGuy. I appeciate the acknowledgement but I feel bad that you had to come up with a spin for this one. Good attempt.

One correction and one question:

1) Jack Daniel's is NOT bourbon.
2) No Bailey's?
hoth300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 13, 9:22 am   #291

Programs: AA EXP, TrueBlue, Amex Plat (SPG Gold, GE), HHonors Gold, MR Gold
Quote:
This statement pretty much sums it all up for me. Little things like slightly better house brands (Tanqueray, Skyy, etc.) in the Skyclub are what help me differentiate between a sea of mediocre products elsewhere. But I'm glad to know Delta is only concerned with offering a comparable experience and nothing more.

I'm sure AA, UA, US etc. will also be happy to offer me a comparable experience.
cmd320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 13, 9:24 am   #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL2SXM View Post
phew!
+1
g2gtrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 13, 9:33 am   #293

Programs: DL Silver, HHonors Silver
Quote:

While it is nice to finally get official acknowledgement, this flat out sucks. If Delta had lowered the rates $50 and did this, I could swallow it. (pun not intended) But to raise the rates and then tack this crap on?

Complete bull.
james318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 13, 9:37 am   #294

Programs: DL PM, United M+, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Quote:

DLCorpGuy - will refunds be offered to those of us who paid for memberships and expected a maintained higher level of service? I'd like half of my membership returned to me now that your clubs are of no value whatsoever.

Additionally, what customer feedback have you actually responded to with changes to the club? Were patrons tired of the computer workstations so you removed them? People complained about not paying for a reasonable glass of beer? It was too darned quiet in the clubs, so please sell groupons to kettles? Oh, and also - the club doesn't cost enough - please charge me more.

Last edited by timmy83; May 14, 13 at 9:48 am..
timmy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 13, 9:47 am   #295

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Gold, HI - Platinum, National - Executive
Quote:

Myers's Rum is an upgrade from Bacardi as far as I'm concerned. So that's good at least.

Does this mean no more free local beers in the SkyClubs? I always enjoyed Sweetwater 420 in ATL, the IPA in DTW, the OBC amber in MCO, the Ballast Point in SAN, and the good local ones I can't remember the name of in SLC. That will be a big disappointment if those go away.
realjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 13, 9:48 am   #296
us2

Scoresby? Seriously?

http://boozebasher.livejournal.com/12413.html
us2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 13, 9:49 am   #297
TalkBoard Member

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, TK Elite/*G, HH Gold, IHG Gold, AvisFirst
One more thing to monetize...glad I do not drink alcohol...

:-/
Old May 14, 13, 9:54 am   #298

Programs: DL-PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by us2 View Post
+1

What on earth is that?!??!

Even if DL were to pay me to drink the stuff I would stay away.

Oh well... so much for my Sky Club membership experiment... I think it will be back to the airport bars after my year's done...
emancj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 13, 9:57 am   #299

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
So I can't even get a Summit EPA at the MSP SkyClubs for free anymore? So much for me EVER paying the $25 with my SkyMiles Platinum Amex to visit SC again.
Carpboy823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 13, 10:07 am   #300

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL2SXM View Post
I think us Diamonds, and for those that pay for the membership, have had it up to here with fees and surcharges. The last great frontier with DL is being able to enter a sky club and get a beer, a wine, or a mixed drink for free, and soon, that will be gone.
Don't worry - you'll get to pay for your beer (other than Bud and Miller Lite) now too! Congrats!
Carpboy823 is offline   Reply With Quote