Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I might actually try that as a last resort. I can see it being hard at a big airport, though. I'll be departing SLC and I've never had a line of more than a few minutes, even in the regular lane. I can't remember where exactly the precheck line is for Delta. And on my return out of ANC, I'll have a good 6 hours or so at the airport so I'm not worried, even if there are huge leisure traveler-induced lines. I'm just more concerned for in the future. If there's a problem, I'd like to fix it now.
Actually, pre-check saved our bacon at SLC. A couple of weeks ago, with a 5:15pm departure, and due to a couple of factors, we didn't arrive at the airport until 45 min. prior to departure. Was able to check our bags prior to the 30min. cutoff, and then went to Terminal B security. Very long regular line, but no one in pre-check, except us! Cool!! Thru in less than 5 min.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by RobertS975
I have been cleared with the three beeps even when it was not printed on the BP. The trick was to get past the contract worker that guarded the pre-check line at BOS terminal A.
Not too much of a trick at BOS... over half the time person at the precheck line was busy talking or looking at another group's passes and telling them where they have to go, or not there at all.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by arkangel
Actually, pre-check saved our bacon at SLC. A couple of weeks ago, with a 5:15pm departure, and due to a couple of factors, we didn't arrive at the airport until 45 min. prior to departure. Was able to check our bags prior to the 30min. cutoff, and then went to Terminal B security. Very long regular line, but no one in pre-check, except us! Cool!! Thru in less than 5 min.
Yeah, I totally see what you mean. It was, quite literally, a miracle that I got through security last Friday; I ran all the way down C concourse and only stopped to scan my BP, then kept running down the jetway. I've never seen SLC that bad. Serpentine through the security lines about 10 rows deep, and then all the way down the hallway, to the skycap/parking garage, and doubling back almost right to where the escalators come up from ticketing. I was terrified because, as I was afraid of, no PreCheck was printed on the agent-printed BPs. It still appears to be a problem. And since my final destination was YVR, the system wouldn't let me do an eBoarding Pass, so no precheck for me even though I know I should have had it. So thanks to that, I nearly had a heart attack.
And now I'm in ANC in the Board Room, thanks to PreCheck. I got it on my mobile BP, but I also asked the TA to print them out just so I could get some closure, and sure enough, my ANC-LAX BPs don't say anything about PreCheck. But I just scanned my phone, got the three beeps, and was on my way. I forgot to triple-check by printing the kiosk BPs, but I can add my voice to the many who have reported no PreCheck on ticket agent boarding passes. Boo.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
A few days ago, I SDC'd (or SDS? dunno, I asked at the ticket counter for an earlier flight). The new boarding pass didn't have "Pre" on it, so I asked the agent for the old one back so I could use it for Security Theater. (Dunno if the new one would actually have worked, I forgot to check.)
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mnbp
This scenario sounds a little like one that happens to those who sometimes use a third party to book some tickets.

Do you ever use a third party to book tickets? Does that third party, such as a corporate travel portal, have your exact Secure Flight passenger data?

There have been stories posted here on FT where people talk about discovering that the DL.com profile information can get "updated" with incorrect information transmitted from a corporate travel booking portal, and thus messing up subsequent bookings made via DL.com.

One needs to make certain that each travel booking portal you use has the exact same (accurate) Secure Flight information for the traveler.

So, this issue struck me this week. The somewhat strange part is the only third party that I use other than my corporate travel and delta.com was Delta Vacations. I flew internationally last month on a DL Vacations itinerary and since then have not gotten Pre-check on my last 3 flights. I checked my Secure Flight info I my profile and sure enough both my first name and middle initial were in the First Name field and the middle name was blank. Since it was international, I entered all of the Secure Flight data verbatim on the DL vacations web site along with my passport info.

For kicks I checked in for another flight (#4) this morning and there was no Pre-Check on my BP. So I called the customer service number that shows in the profile page and had them fix it. The agent also unchecked me in, and about 2 hours later I checked in online again; this time the Pre-Check showed fine and worked as it should in SFO this afternoon.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
This is looking pretty much confirmed for me: 3/3 BPs printed by a ticketing agent at baggage drop with NO PreCheck printed on the BP. Only eBPs from the DL app or online (either sent to your phone or emailed) have shown precheck. Not a problem if your flights are domestic, but any time I have had an international leg, even if it's a couple miles across the Canadian border, DL.com and the app won't give me an eboarding pass, and I'm stuck without precheck. I'm not a computer guy, but how difficult is it to get the TA printers to print one extra line? This is a huge oversight.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I'm not a computer guy, but how difficult is it to get the TA printers to print one extra line? This is a huge oversight.
As a guy in the skyclub in IND that printed his ticket to Paris a few min ago - I agree completely. Especially as I did not get through the precheck line as I typically do.
Old Jul 28, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by High Technology
So, this issue struck me this week. The somewhat strange part is the only third party that I use other than my corporate travel and delta.com was Delta Vacations. I flew internationally last month on a DL Vacations itinerary and since then have not gotten Pre-check on my last 3 flights. I checked my Secure Flight info I my profile and sure enough both my first name and middle initial were in the First Name field and the middle name was blank. Since it was international, I entered all of the Secure Flight data verbatim on the DL vacations web site along with my passport info.

For kicks I checked in for another flight (#4) this morning and there was no Pre-Check on my BP. So I called the customer service number that shows in the profile page and had them fix it. The agent also unchecked me in, and about 2 hours later I checked in online again; this time the Pre-Check showed fine and worked as it should in SFO this afternoon.
There's two places on DL.com where Secure Flight information is stored. One place is in your profile - and as you've just seen, there are instances where non DL.com travel agency interactions can cause the DL.com profile information to be modified (messed up).

The most important place for Secure Flight information is in the Passenger Details for each reservation. On DL.com, you can usually verify (and update if necessary) Secure Flight passenger data if you check more than 72 hours in advance of the flight. Display your reservation in DL.com, and under the heading Passengers click on Passenger Information. This will expand the details which includes Secure Flight Passenger Data, which is the fields that will be sent to TSA for THIS flight for TSA PreCheck authorization.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.