Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Business Class seats on 767-300 (76P/76Q)

Old Mar 24, 2013, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Charter Member, 3 Million Miler, Hertz Pres Club, Hilton Gold

Am flying 1st Class MSP-SFO and SFO-DTW on older 767-300 and noticed that seat width is 18.5" for 1st Class vs 18.0" for Coach, per SeatGuru. Just wondering if the 1st Class seats are reasonably comfortable even though they are pretty narrow. TIA for any feedback if you have flown on the old 767 aircraft in these seats.

AllanF
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Giving this thread a bump. I'm flying a 76Q ATL-LAX next week. Had to book late and ended up with a Q fare, so I'm considering using miles to UG, assuming there's inventory (I don't have EF, so I have to call in to check).

But, I know there are mixed reviews on F in this plane - what are folks' thoughts on burning miles to upgrade on the 76Q? Or should I just wait for the UGs to clear and try snagging something in row 10?

And two side questions:
1. I'm assuming that an UG with miles won't magically turn my paid fare into an award ticket, and eliminate RDM/MQM earning, right? I know I won't get the F/J bonus, but would not want to give up the miles I'd earn for just sitting in Y.
2. My route is actually ATL-LAX-OAK. Assuming UG inventory, would the 12.5k miles allow me to upgrade all the way to OAK? Don't really care as it's a 90 minute CR7 ride, but if it's not going to cost me any extra...
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
No advice on the seats, but...

1) Yes, you'd earn MQM/RDM as normal if you UG w/ miles

2) Yes, it's 12.5k miles per direction, so assuming inventory is available, you could upgrade all the way to OAK.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by irfan23
No advice on the seats, but...

1) Yes, you'd earn MQM/RDM as normal if you UG w/ miles

2) Yes, it's 12.5k miles per direction, so assuming inventory is available, you could upgrade all the way to OAK.

Best of luck.
Thanks!

I just called to check and there's no inventory available anyway, so the seats are a moot point. But good to know the other stuff in case it comes up again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.