JFK T4 Phase II

Old May 21, 2013, 9:00 am
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
That's not the Sky Club, it's the Sky Priority area. From the curb you will see that large red wall over the masses in the regular lines and walk all the way back to that area. To the right of that glass wall structure is the Sky Priority check in area. That structure helps funnel SP people as they complete check-in and turn right to a dedicated security area or up to the SkyClub. The main security area is to the left of that glass structure.

Hopefully it will all make sense once you see it.

My only concern is the need for a chute or rope line from the curb doors back to that large red Sky Priority wall, but I'm told DL will monitor the need for that.
Thanks.

And yes, "Sky Club hut thingy" should have been, "Sky Priority hut thingy." Thanks for clarifying for others.
Old May 23, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: AA, Delta, BA, SPG-gold, HH, Amex Plat, SW,
Wink Delta and jfk t4

Beginning May 24th, customers will be able to enjoy a new and modern Terminal 4 at New York's John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport as part of a $1.4 billion project that Delta has invested in to improve the travel experience for customers throughout the New York area. With over 150 peak-day flights to more than 70 destinations across the globe, this investment is great news for Delta customers worldwide...news that needs to be shared

There are many benefits that JFK's T4 will offer customers. Some of the highlights include...

•Service from JFK: full flat-bed seats in BusinessElite are available on all flights from JFK to Brussels, Frankfurt, London, Milan, Tel Aviv, Tokyo and Sao Paulo, and BusinessElite service on transcontinental flights between JFK and Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle
•Check-In and Security: 40 staffed Delta check-in positions, 26 self-service kiosks, 6 curbside check-in positions, and 12 lane departing passenger screening checkpoints; that's not counting the 14 check-in positions, 6 kiosks and lounge dedicated to Sky Priority customers!
•Gates and Amenities: 23,000 squ. ft. Delta Sky Club at the mid-point of Concourse B, 16 international gates, access to electrical power for 75% of seating at the Concourse B extension
•Arrivals and Baggage: 72 primary US Customs & Border Protection inspection booths, 12 international arrival re-check counters for quick flight connections, 6 passenger screening lanes after international re-check, 7 claim units provided at international baggage claim area and 2 new claim devices added for domestic baggage claim area.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Thanks for posting, but we have several threads already discussing JFK T4
Old May 23, 2013, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Thanks for posting, but we have several threads already discussing JFK T4
Yes, we have a few...and I know I'm missing at least one in the list below.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ew-jfk-t4.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-precheck.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...club-open.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...oday-pics.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-phase-ii.html
Old May 23, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
72 CBP booths? That would be really nice. But what's the likelihood they'll all be open? It's like going to Walmart: 20 checkout lanes and 5 are open.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta Million Miler and PM
Any word on when Phase II will be completed and when it will open? Any renderings or photos of the new extension?

Has there been any update on the approval of Phase III? Has the Port Authority or Delta commented on same?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:58 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Marketing on-site at T4 (on baggage carts and such) still says 2015, haven't noticed anything more specific. Facility looks pretty much done from the outside, but don't know how much more work there may be to be done inside.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TOPGUN750
Any word on when Phase II will be completed and when it will open? Any renderings or photos of the new extension?
This a'net thread has a rendering with the Phase II RJ gates (see reply 2) --

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5683329/
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by colerc
Marketing on-site at T4 (on baggage carts and such) still says 2015, haven't noticed anything more specific. Facility looks pretty much done from the outside, but don't know how much more work there may be to be done inside.
Delta has been announcing Phase II as being completed in the spring of 2015.

It will good to be rid of the RJ hell at T2, although the walk to the T4 RJ gates will be worthy of a Homeric epic...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Last I heard, the extension RJ gates will open mid-January 2015. When I passed through JFK last week, the jet bridges were already attached and labelled, but the interior still looked messy and under construction (from what I could see from the window of a plane taxiing by!)

There will be 7 jet bridges on one side (the odd-numbered gates side, hence going up to Gate B55), and 4 on the even-numbered side.

There will also be bus station at the RJ gates end of T4 (just like B18 today for the Jitney to T2); I assume they will run a jitney as well from there to T2.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Last I heard, the extension RJ gates will open mid-January 2015. When I passed through JFK last week, the jet bridges were already attached and labelled, but the interior still looked messy and under construction (from what I could see from the window of a plane taxiing by!)

There will be 7 jet bridges on one side (the odd-numbered gates side, hence going up to Gate B55), and 4 on the even-numbered side.

There will also be bus station at the RJ gates end of T4 (just like B18 today for the Jitney to T2); I assume they will run a jitney as well from there to T2.
Really? Where did you hear this? How? Who told you?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.