Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 5:56 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Hello FTers, happy Thursday! We noticed you picked up our upcoming Crossover Rewards announcement a little early. In a matter of minutes our news release will be out with the official details regarding our partnership with the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program.

All Delta Medallion members will earn one mile per dollar spent on eligible room rates when staying with Starwood in addition to the Starpoints usually earned for stays. Also, Diamond and Platinum Medallion members can enjoy 4pm late checkout, access to the SPG elite check-in line, complimentary in-room internet access, and room upgrades at check-in.

SPG elite members will earn one Starpoint per dollar spent on eligible flights in addition to the miles usually earned for their flight. SPG Platinum members will also receive one free checked bag, priority check-in and priority boarding when flying Delta.

For more information check delta.com/crossoverrewards later today for the complete details and frequently asked questions.

We’re excited about this program and eager to hear what you think!

Last edited by SkyMilesTeam; Feb 7, 2013 at 6:57 am
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Thanks for the post, we appreciate it!

Question: Where are SPG elites who have no DL status going to be on the upgrade priority list?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:08 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
The news release was just issued. More information is available here: http://t.co/RD9lR0gB
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...light=starwood
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by DwayneSkyMiles

All Delta Medallion members will earn one mile per dollar spent on eligible room rates when staying with Starwood in addition to the Starpoints usually earned for stays. Also, Diamond and Platinum Medallion members can enjoy 4pm late checkout, access to the SPG elite check-in line, complimentary in-room internet access, and room upgrades at check-in.

SPG elite members will earn one Starpoint per dollar spent on eligible flights in addition to the miles usually earned for their flight. SPG Platinum members will also receive one free checked bag, priority check-in and priority boarding when flying Delta.
!
Whoa! As a SPG Gold and Delta FO, it looks like I can really maximize my point earning. Interestingly, it seems that point earning for DL flights is based on dollars spent. I assume this will follow the MQD structure? Could this be a sneak preview into a future awards program for DL as a whole???
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by timmy83
Could this be a sneak preview into a future awards program for DL as a whole???
This has been my fear, other than that the program looks like a nice improvement.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Thanks for the post, we appreciate it!

Question: Where are SPG elites who have no DL status going to be on the upgrade priority list?
I don't see any DL upgrades mentioned in today's program announcements.

Provisions on LoyaltyLobby were fairly specific & detailed:

"SPG VIP or Platinum members are eligible for day of departure upgrades on Delta or Delta Connection flights within the United States. Free upgrades are subject to availability and conditions may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Free upgrades are not available on flights affected by our product BusinessElite ®, with the exception of flights between New York / JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco. Upgrades are not eligible on Award or Pay with Miles tickets. Medallion members may request an SPG VIP or Platinum member as their companion upgrade which would allow clearance at the Companion level up to 24 hours prior to departure."
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by LegalTender
I don't see any DL upgrades mentioned in today's program announcements.

Provisions on LoyaltyLobby were fairly specific & detailed:
Seems that SPG and Delta decided to withdraw or not to introduce it at this point. That benefit was included in the earlier version of the terms and conditions of Crossover Rewards.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by mattsteg
This has been my fear, other than that the program looks like a nice improvement.
Agreed on both accounts.

This came just at the right time for me. I've just burnt all of my HH points on an award stay at the Conrad Rangali. Now I think I should switch all of my upcoming stays to SPG hotels!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
Seems that SPG and Delta decided to withdraw or not to introduce it at this point. That benefit was included in the earlier version of the terms and conditions of Crossover Rewards.
Withdrawing terms and conditions after debate about them fuels a parallel thread sure seems like cause-and-effect.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: DL FO
Glad to see miles are also earned at Starwood properties for DL medallions. Interested to hear more about what "eligible room rates" consist of, though.

Also am curious to find out if only fares purchased from DL.com will earn Starpoints or if purchases from other websites (if any) will as well.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:38 am

For those already upper-end elites on both programs, this is not incentive-rich, but welcome just the same.

Too bad they abandoned the DL upgrade waitlist. I suspect Medallion backlash was feared.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by DwayneSkyMiles
For more information check delta.com/crossoverrewards later today for the complete details and frequently asked questions.

We’re excited about this program and eager to hear what you think!
Good morning, Dwayne - looks like the link is bad.

Thank you,
David
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
It says "Beginning March 1, customers can register for Crossover Rewards by linking their Delta SkyMiles and SPG accounts at delta.com/crossoverrewards or spg.com/crossoverrewards. Benefits will begin once Delta Medallion or SPG elite status is reached."

Does that mean if your already elite, benefits will begin immediately after regsitration? Or only on flights/stays booked after the registration?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by LegalTender
For those already upper-end elites on both programs, this is not incentive-rich, but welcome just the same.

Too bad they abandoned the DL upgrade waitlist. I suspect Medallion backlash was feared.
Wow! That's interesting - I was looking for this in the official announcement - guess they nixed it at the last minute.

I wonder if USAmerican and UACO will pair up with Hilton, Hyatt, or Marriott in similar crossover agreements. Of course AA and Marriott couldn't even resolve their differences over points for miles redemption criteria a few years ago, so one wonders how they could reach agreement on a much closer relationship like this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.