Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Being Elite in one program (say DL, like me) got you points in the same program (DL) when you used the other guy (SPG). That encourages me to stay in SPG when I might not otherwise have done so. I would assume I'm the target - Marriott faithful lured to get some extra points by switching to some SPG.

In fact, I did. And made SPG Gold. So it worked on me (a little). I say a little because I didn't like SPG that much and will probably let the Gold run out. Meanwhile though I will get free SPG points for my Delta $$ on the vice versa of the example above.

The fact you are lifetime Gold is what makes it not make business sense in your case. Can't be too common though.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Do points usually take forever to post? It's been a month since my starwood stay and I think I should earn some delta skymiles since I am enrolled in the program. Who do I contact for getting them starwood or delta? As far as I could tell there are no international exclusions.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Do points usually take forever to post? It's been a month since my starwood stay and I think I should earn some delta skymiles since I am enrolled in the program.
It was ten days for my last Starwood stay a couple of weeks ago, check in to DL points posting.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Smile

Originally Posted by cfabar1
Do points usually take forever to post? It's been a month since my starwood stay and I think I should earn some delta skymiles since I am enrolled in the program. Who do I contact for getting them starwood or delta? As far as I could tell there are no international exclusions.
SPG points from 6/13,6/16 flights posted today
Old Aug 1, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: Skyteam
My flights have not posted since March. DL can't figure out why.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
I flew 4 legs on one ticket and 3 of them posted to my SPG account. Wouldn't you know the one that did not post was the most expensive one.

Any idea why 1 of 4 would not post and how do you get something like this fixed? The problem with crossover is you don't know if DL sent the info to SPG and they failed to post or whether it was never sent.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta PM

Any experiences with free room upgrade for DL elites? I'm checking in at a W in NYC today, should I just ask if upgrades are available at check in?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Last year I was not SPG elite for most of the year and except for one occasion, I received nothing more than free internet.

That one time I got an upgrade to a suite and lounge access, because they said I was "Platinum" but what I do not know is was that because of my DL DM status or because I was in their system as SPG Plat because I was the last time I stayed there.

Now I am SPG gold and don't seem to get much for that either....although the last stay I was told I could get the elite points for being SPG gold and the free internet for being DL DM. But no upgrade......

Having been SPG Plat for several years, I miss it. But I do like the crossover points so I am glad to at least be back to Gold!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by Corganbr
Any experiences with free room upgrade for DL elites? I'm checking in at a W in NYC today, should I just ask if upgrades are available at check in?
You are never out anything by asking.

I have never stayed at the W in NYC, but my upgrade experiences at the W's at Atlanta Midtown and in New Orlean's French quarter have been great. Even received suites before and never an issue with a 4 p.m. checkout.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Exact name match now required

Appears DL is now enforcing exact name match on a per-stay basis. A while back they kicked out all accounts that failed exact name matching, but it was still possible to re-link them. Now, even if *wood pushes over the credit, DL posts it as 0 miles. (The reverse, however, sill seems to work: i.e., DL dollars show up correctly on my *wood account.)

It is extremely frustrating that DL will not allow manual override for those of us with names on our passport that are simply unworkable in day-to-day life. I am happy to provide any form of documentation they'd like regarding my legal name as well as the name on my *wood account. I understand they are trying to eliminate fraud, but there are some of us who simply refuse to allow the TSA to govern our lives. Yes, the TSA can enforce what variant of my name I have to put on my boarding pass, which, as consequence, dictates the name on my SkyMiles account. That should not, however, bleed over into yet more aspects of my life.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: CO OnePass
Crossover Rewards benefits on TATL?

I'm currently a SPG Plat enrolled in Crossover Rewards. No medallion status (though should be FO by year end). I will be flying JFK-PRG next week, departing out of T2.

Do the CR benefits extend to international flights, specifically SkyPriority lane for checking bags, zone 1 boarding, etc. for SPG Plats (I know DL doesn't offer upgrades on int'l flights)? Have not tried to use the lane since getting SPG Plat status a few weeks ago but the FAQs state that I am able to use it through the CR program. Not sure, however, if the benefits are just domestic or if they apply to all DL flights and there is no distinction on the DL FAQs. T2 is a zoo in the early evening when they push out the few wide body int'l flights that leave from that terminal. It would be great to use the SkyPriority line to check my bag and avoid the mess! Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by thwnd08
I'm currently a SPG Plat enrolled in Crossover Rewards. No medallion status (though should be FO by year end). I will be flying JFK-PRG next week, departing out of T2.

Do the CR benefits extend to international flights, specifically SkyPriority lane for checking bags, zone 1 boarding, etc. for SPG Plats (I know DL doesn't offer upgrades on int'l flights)? Have not tried to use the lane since getting SPG Plat status a few weeks ago but the FAQs state that I am able to use it through the CR program. Not sure, however, if the benefits are just domestic or if they apply to all DL flights and there is no distinction on the DL FAQs. T2 is a zoo in the early evening when they push out the few wide body int'l flights that leave from that terminal. It would be great to use the SkyPriority line to check my bag and avoid the mess! Thanks
Can't remember if JFK has a dedicated silver check in or not, but if they do and you are on DL metal, you should be able to use it. If not then you can use Skypriority check in, but like domestic travel, you won't be able to use the SP security lane. You should be able to board with Zone 1.

Not sure how the luggage allowance will work since non-status gets one free checked bag anyway as far as getting an additional bag.

Like you said, DL doesn't do upgrades on internationals. They will opup people but only if coach is oversold but it will be Delta elites that will get upgraded first.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:13 pm

I am SPG PLT, first time flying DL in a while...

Is it normal that my confirmation email indicates the first bag will be $25? Assuming at check in this will resolve? SPG indicates I am enrolled in DL Crossover Rewards, and DL.com seems to have my SPG number on file.

Thanks!
Old May 30, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tlott

Is it normal that my confirmation email indicates the first bag will be $25? Assuming at check in this will resolve? SPG indicates I am enrolled in DL Crossover Rewards, and DL.com seems to have my SPG number on file.

Thanks!
Yes. That's the generic baggage information. You will get your first free checked bag at the airport.
Old May 30, 2017, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tlott

Thanks!
Yes, it says that for everyone -- including for those who have status or a DL Amex card. Note the following text -- "If you qualify for free or discounted checked baggage, this will be taken into account when you check in.'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.