Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by dean1121
I've never been a member of a hotel program. I just signed up.
Seriously? There are some great hotel values out there using points, mostly big city or overseas.

I've been a Marriott member for years and years, as I racked up a lot of nights in the early 90s. Sadly I didn't know any better, and blew the whole pile of points on one domestic coach airline ticket.

You may want to hang out in the appropriate hotel forum here to learn how to game , er, maximize your points earnings and usage.

David
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
Just a reminder that SPG Gold status comes free as a benefit of the American Express Platinum (non-branded) card, but you must call in to register for it; they don't automatically send it.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by holtju2
Seems that SPG and Delta decided to withdraw or not to introduce it at this point. That benefit was included in the earlier version of the terms and conditions of Crossover Rewards.
Glad to see the upgrade pool wasn't further diluted yet. Looks like a nice program to compliment two products. Now throw in Car Rental status ...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
Just a reminder that SPG Gold status comes free as a benefit of the American Express Platinum (non-branded) card, but you must call in to register for it; they don't automatically send it.
Interesting. Did not know that. You also get SPG "Lifetime" Gold (not sure if SPG defines lifetime like DL does or not) after 4 years of Gold on SPG.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by BringBackTWA
From the Crossover Rewards FAQ:

...then in addition to the miles you already earn, you will also earn one Starpoint for every one US dollar or its foreign equivalent spent on Delta fares (excluding taxes and fees).
Are these "government imposed fees" and "carrier imposed fees?"

So YQ/YR will earn MQDs but will not earn Starpoints?

Inquiring minds would like to know.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
This sounds like a great partnership with a fair balance of additional perks while not diluting status. ^^

Delta has a great product & great people, but their communication with customers (especially here on FT) and sudden-notice to program changes leaves a lot to be desired. Those are areas SPG excels in, so I hope this partnership encourages Delta to improve.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
While this sound nice, what troubles me the most is that Starwood elites will now be eligible for priority boarding:

"SPG Platinum members will receive priority check-in, Priority Boarding, and first checked bag free."

At this rate everyone on the stinking aircraft will have access to priority boarding. When everyone is a priority board, no one is a priority board. To me this is a dilution of a benefit I value.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Not to worry, "Priority Boarding" for SPG Platinum members actually means non-SP Zone 1 boarding.

Per Crossover Rewards T&C, section 4.2.a(ii): http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...onditions.html
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Not to worry, "Priority Boarding" for SPG Platinum members actually means non-SP Zone 1 boarding.

Per Crossover Rewards T&C, section 4.2.a(ii): http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...onditions.html
Excellent! Thanks for the clarification.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM. Marriott Plat. Hyatt DM.
This is an awesome program

With 150,000+ BIS miles yer year with DL and 125 nights a year with SPG I just could not be any happier!!

Well done Delta and well done SPG

There is simply NOTHING negative about this program

^
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:58 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by JPCAG
This is an awesome program

With 150,000+ BIS miles yer year with DL and 125 nights a year with SPG I just could not be any happier!!

Well done Delta and well done SPG

There is simply NOTHING negative about this program

^
^^ Completely agree. Great move by DL and SPG. And for those who have elite memberships in both programs, crossover will essentially double the miles/points earned for DL flights and SPG stays. Fantastic way to recognize and reward loyalty in both programs.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by woody125
Interesting. Did not know that. You also get SPG "Lifetime" Gold (not sure if SPG defines lifetime like DL does or not) after 4 years of Gold on SPG.
SPG says you need 250 nights since 1999 (no credit for the earlier Sheraton program ) and 5 years of elite status for lifetime Gold.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL GM
So are you eligible for the SPG points at booking or do we assume they accrue/post after you fly a certain flight?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
So are you eligible for the SPG points at booking or do we assume they accrue/post after you fly a certain flight?
Of course, you only get them AFTER flying. Would you expect to earn SPG points upon booking a hotel reservation?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Seriously? There are some great hotel values out there using points, mostly big city or overseas.

I've been a Marriott member for years and years, as I racked up a lot of nights in the early 90s. Sadly I didn't know any better, and blew the whole pile of points on one domestic coach airline ticket.

You may want to hang out in the appropriate hotel forum here to learn how to game , er, maximize your points earnings and usage.

David
Thx for the tip. I probably do about 100 hotel nights PA. Now they will be SPG when I can.

In your estimation is this a good hook up to maximize hotel points usage??
D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.