Search

The new Fly Delta for Android is here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:21 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
The new Fly Delta for Android is here

We’d like to introduce you to the newest member of our app lineup - Fly Delta for Android v2.0. The update includes all of the same features you’ve been using on our current Android app plus a whole lot more. Just like we’ve added in the iPhone version of the app, we’ve included the ability to find, compare and book flights. We’ve also updated My Trips to give you a quick and easy way to purchase Economy Comfort and our Trip Extras, including Wi-Fi and Priority Boarding. You’ll also be able to use the Track My Bags and Check Flight Status features to improve your day of travel experience.

At the core of the new functionality, we’ve optimized (and in some cases completely re-written) our backend systems to provide you with faster response times in all areas of the app. Additionally, we have updated the look and feel to help you find the most important features easily.

As some of you you have already noticed with Fly Delta for iPhone and the new mobile web site (m.delta.com), the ability to shop and book flights is currently available for flights within the U.S. This is temporary and we’re actively working to expand this to allow ticket purchases to all Delta destinations worldwide, just like delta.com, in upcoming releases.

We hope you like these new features and we’re looking forward to reading your comments.

Thank you!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Thanks Jonathan.

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobile.android
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Finally! Thanks for the update!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
Thanks...was feeling a bit ignored in the face of all the publicity about the new i phone app.
Fantastic to see trips listed by the final destination, rather than my having to remember where I am going after transiting ATL each week.

Last edited by deltalirious; Jan 31, 2013 at 7:46 pm
Old Jan 31, 2013, 8:25 pm

Can we get native tablet support, or do I have to keep jacking the APK from my phone?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Great news since I think Android users to outnumber "I" users. Tweeted it out and blogged it! Oh, and welcome to FT btw
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: Skymiles PM
Originally Posted by nbajam
Can we get native tablet support, or do I have to keep jacking the APK from my phone?
Yeah. Sideload it is.

(Take a look at the Carbon backup app that just came out. Nice alternative to doing things over adb.)
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
My phone notified me of the update, so I installed it and was just trying it out. So far it looks great. I'm glad to see the added features such as searching for flights, purchasing flights, and SkyMiles information.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:50 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Freezes on logon for me ("JUST A MOMENT..." forever).

GB Atrix 4G

Tried clearing data and unistall/install w/o any luck.

[There are also a lot of issues of it just not accepting a login w/o any clue as to what is going on. Since it seams to hop between #/PIN/Name and username/pw mode wo any feedback it is a tad non-obvious.]
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:19 pm

Quickly played around with it tonight, but I don't have too much to say right now since I don't have any flights coming up. The one thing I noticed was that the old seat map for the 744 is still in the app!
Old Feb 1, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Diamond; HH - Diamond; Priority Club - Platinum;
No Love for the Nexus 7

Still not available for the Nexus 7
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:32 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Originally Posted by komalkks
Still not available for the Nexus 7
We're investigating why this is happening.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Diamond; HH - Diamond; Priority Club - Platinum;
Originally Posted by Danny_DeltaeCommerce
We're investigating why this is happening.
Thanks. Android 4.2.1, kernel version 3.1.10 on my Asus Nexus 7
Old Feb 1, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Freezes on logon for me ("JUST A MOMENT..." forever).
Same thing here. HTC Incredible on Verizon.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Freezing in a few places on Verizon Galaxy Nexus for me, too. Login sometimes requires me to force close and restart the app.

When pulling up an itinerary, it very often hangs on the spinner that says loading trip extras. And the app completely crashes when I try to load the upgrade list.

Other minor bug (or maybe I just missed it) - the old used to save checked bag info when you scan the barcode, and the new one doesn't seem to retain it. I have to rescan or reenter the bag # each time.

I do enjoy the presence of new features, especially ability to switch in/out of EC seats via the app. Also like that I can view TSA passenger info to make sure my TT number is attached to a given PNR. But right now it certainly doesn't feel faster at all, and the freezes and crashes have me using a paper BP today...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.