Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
linking companion award travel?

Yup you get a +1 for EC seats
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by suvayanr
Yup you get a +1 for EC seats
Thanks, I understand she's eligible for EC if/when linked for the return since I'm on that flight.

I guess it's not possible to link her Fri outbound flight to my Mon itinerary due to the simple fact I'm not riding that particular outbound flight so she's not my flight companion? We only share the same flight on her return portion which happens to be the outbound portion of my paid itinerary.

Okay, I think I get it. So I'll probably buy-up EC for her outbound and then call to link our Mon ride together. At least for long enough to select EC together and then decide if it's worth unlinking in order to vie for PM UG? Or, just sit together in EC and leave well enough alone....
Old Oct 31, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM
Originally Posted by Ti22
Thanks, I understand she's eligible for EC if/when linked for the return since I'm on that flight.

I guess it's not possible to link her Fri outbound flight to my Mon itinerary due to the simple fact I'm not riding that particular outbound flight so she's not my flight companion? We only share the same flight on her return portion which happens to be the outbound portion of my paid itinerary.

Okay, I think I get it. So I'll probably buy-up EC for her outbound and then call to link our Mon ride together. At least for long enough to select EC together and then decide if it's worth unlinking in order to vie for PM UG? Or, just sit together in EC and leave well enough alone....
"Linking" for the purposes of getting her an EC seat on the return will not affect your upgrade chances. They're still two separate PNR's, no need to "un-link."

Last edited by Schmoops; Oct 31, 2013 at 3:35 pm Reason: spelling
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Schmoops
"Linking" for the purposes of getting her an EC seat on the return will not affect your upgrade changes. They're still two separate PNR's, no need to "un-link."
+1 This is absolutely correct!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL EOS...
Got it schmoops and Mr Tickets, 'appreciate it!

Twitter rep quickly linked mrs ti22 to my Nov 11 outbound flight and confirmed desired EC seats together. Myself in middle just in case my UG goes through 'will at least have her window EC, LOL.....

Then bought-up her outbound solo EC even though I probably could've gamed that with some "creative" award booking/redeposit kung fu. No real need for that potential mess and hassle though....

Thanks to all for good, solid, helpful advice!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.