Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and new DL.com Profiles A Lot About You

Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schmoops
Figured a highly collaborative effort like this needs a wikipost. As items and codes are confirmed, let's centralize them in one place rather than thumb through hundreds of discussion posts.

How to pull your information
Log into your SkyMiles account at Delta.com, then visit this link: https://www.delta.com/databroker/bcdata.action

What the items indicate
v01: Closest airport to home address (encoded using key 1)
v02: Country of residence
v03:
v04: Preferred departure airport/city (encoded using key 2)
v05: Language
v06: discSpndngAmt, in thousands
v07: Skymiles status level
v08: State/province (encoded using key 2)
v09: Pay with Miles eligible
v10: sunTrstInd
v11: prefDestCity
v12: MQS
v13: Hotel loyalty programs stored in DL.com profile (encoded using key 2, see post #829)
v14:
v15: Income, in thousands
v16: Current age + 99
v17: 1/2/3 MM Status
v18: Home value, in thousands
v19:
v20: SkyClub member
v21: SkyMiles account number
v22: Experian Mosaic segment (encoded using keys 1 and 3, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913445) Description here and Segment Details here
v23: Saved search destination airports (encoded using key 1)
v24: SkyClub renewal date (coded using key 3)
v25: Saved payment information (encoded using key 1) AND SPG status (encoded using key 1, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post20913463)
v26: Gender/prefix (1=male/Mr, 2=female/Ms/Mrs, 3=Dr/other) (to be confirmed)
v27:
v28: SkyMiles account number with 3 leading zeros (called "CustID" in previous data)
v29: Logged in (SM account)
v30: Customer Value Score (Questionable, and scale is unknown)
v31: RDM balance
v32: Dream trips from DL.com profile (encoded using key 2)
v33: MQM balance
v34: Activities & Interests from DL.com profile
v35:
v36:
v37:
v38:
v39: ?? Duplicate for Language ??
v40: ?? Duplicate for Country of Residence ??

Encoding

Three different coding keys are used for variables 01, 04, 08, 13, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 32. For full mappings, click here: Keys 1, 2, and 3
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

I love the codecracking in this thread. It's like the process of figuring out where the mystery video was shot in "The Good Shepherd."

LOL that DL though a basic substitution cypher would keep us from figuring this stuff out.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
I have 7 blanks and 10 Y or N. That's almost half for me. And my customer value is nothing; I'm bound to DL for several reasons, and I fly/spend enough to stay FO. They know they've got me, and they laugh about it. At least they would laugh, if they knew I existed.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:51 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
I'm going to guess one of the Y/N is Suntrust. I have Suntrust and the following are Y
v03, v10, v27, v29, v35

If anyone else who has Suntrust can post what things are showing a Y designator for them we can likely easily identify which aspect is indicating this.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Does the custvalue have any meaning as far as how delta treats you, upgrades you, or offers you pricing/offers?

Curious why they have this in a JSON for their website.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I wonder if there is a code for malcontents and whatnot?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:02 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Loading the page up now gives me "" for all values ... Did delta take this down?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by some dude
Loading the page up now gives me "" for all values ... Did delta take this down?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:07 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Not Offended but LMAO at Delta

Total income and home value is accurate.
Discretionary spending seems low with my house paid off.

Mosaic category is C11 "Aging of Aquarius". Here's a link to an Experian marketing pdf discussing Mosaic and its application to travel industry marketing:

http://www.experian.com/assets/marke...ers-071912.pdf

Customer value is zero. That can't be right. I probably spent almost $5,000 earning Diamond status last year.

A characteristic of us "Aging of Aquarius" peeps is that we are affluent yet very price conscious.

HongKonger is right about the blinding stupidity of whoever thinks this is hiding anything. The whole thing gives me two images: an IT group too dumb to tie their shoes and a bunch of marketing suits too self-absorbed to see past their .......

Last edited by Bowgie; Jun 13, 2013 at 1:27 am Reason: Apparently FT forbids a word that sounds like "wah anchor"
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by skyvanman
I was logged in -- but in any event, it is working now. Strange, perhaps a database glitch since it was blank for a few minutes with a few log-in/out's ...
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Does the custvalue have any meaning as far as how delta treats you, upgrades you, or offers you pricing/offers?

First question: The only benefit that seems to correlate with being a HVC (high value customer) is getting a ride to the gate in a Porsche at ATL, but that's a non-published benefit. As far as I can tell, this score makes no difference in getting the status benefits listed by Delta for the Skymiles program.

Second question: Delta is blindingly stupid.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:41 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Silver, BW Diamond
Wow, this is creepy! They got our income and house values close, but then have our home, favorite, and searched airports completely wrong. As in, I live in LA and they show some air force base in Hawaii as my closest airport. The Mosaic category of "Cul-De-Sac Diversity" is interesting. Described as "Ethnically diverse, middle aged
families settled in new suburban neighborhoods". They are pretty off there, considering we're not ethnically diverse at all and we live in a neighborhood built in the 50s, lol!
Old Jun 13, 2013, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
Wow, this is creepy! They got our income and house values close, but then have our home, favorite, and searched airports completely wrong. As in, I live in LA and they show some air force base in Hawaii as my closest airport. The Mosaic category of "Cul-De-Sac Diversity" is interesting. Described as "Ethnically diverse, middle aged
families settled in new suburban neighborhoods". They are pretty off there, considering we're not ethnically diverse at all and we live in a neighborhood built in the 50s, lol!
Did you unencode the airport codes using the cipher linked to in the Wiki and they still came out wrong?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:40 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Not for UGs as far as we know, but for how they respond to your complaints, how they handle you in IROPs, whether they'll make exceptions, basically any customer service interactions not already governed by a publisher set of rules (and may e sometimes even for those).
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
For V32, does anyone have saved "Dream Trips"? My dream trip entered on DL.com is the maldives, my v32 is DL coded through key 2 becomes MV (country abbreviation for the Maldives).
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by flymonthly
v24, the 8 character field translates to a date using key 3. i.e. HBEHBKBE = 20120301
Mine correlates perfectly with my paid SC purchase date (HBEHEEBP = 20121105)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.