Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by c_d
What about the re-issue to 074 when an EU-based FF is hit with a schedule change? What about the AFKLM connecting flights that we are advised to book directly wit AF because DL cannot ticket it?
This would concern me. Through no fault of one's own, the ticket is changed to one that doesn't earn MQDs. However, it should be easy for DL to still track the spend on this, hopefully automatically, but surely the dollar amounts can be verified from the original ticket. I would hope that this case becomes the MQD equivalent of requesting original routing credit for MQMs.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Absolutely, 100% wrong.

I do appreciate your attempts to crank the hyperbole up to 11, but I have to ask you to correct what is patently false information.
Then show me where booking AF/KL tickets gets you MQDs. Oh wait, they don't. Sure there are some DL codeshares if you want a simple flight to AMS or CDG. Want a more complicated ticket or to go someplace else? DL.bomb isn't capable, but af/kl is... and then you don't get credit.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This would concern me. Through no fault of one's own, the ticket is changed to one that doesn't earn MQDs. However, it should be easy for DL to still track the spend on this, hopefully automatically, but surely the dollar amounts can be verified from the original ticket. I would hope that this case becomes the MQD equivalent of requesting original routing credit for MQMs.
The purchase is still 006 stock.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Question: If I fly 25,000 miles this year, will I be guaranteed FO until February 2015 or not?
I was wondering that as well...Dwayne can you clarify?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pbarnette
And it isn't terribly different from the way BA, for example, manages their minimum "qualifying flight" requirement, though the minimum spend is certainly higher. The allowance for other flights if booked on DL stock - not just codeshares - is actually a pleasant surprise to me.

All in all, I don't see this as a huge blow. There are some folks that will be caught out, but this seems a reasonable response to DL's need for the FF program to actually reward, you know, spending with DL.
I think the rules about being allowed to count MQS on partner flights using their flight numbers but booked through DL on DL ticket stock relate to the requirements for using miles or SWUs to upgrade. IIRC it's easier to do this on a partner flight if it has the aprtner's flight number. The same seems to be true for seat assignments and getting EC on KLM as a DL elite.

Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
I was wondering that as well...Dwayne can you clarify?
Based on what we've seen so far there's no reason you wouldn't (keeping in mind the new MQM earning charts for post-March 1 2013) but remember that this is DL and the program can be devalued at any time.

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
what about purchasing someone elses ticket on a PNR? does all people receiev the MQD or just who buiilt the reservation?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bubbashow
These Medallion program changes will better recognize and reward our elite customers. These changes will create an even more exclusive Medallion experience and make it easier for Medallion members to enjoy their benefits, including Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, Economy Comfort™ access, Preferred Seats and Priority Boarding.

Dwayne.....

THANK YOU! This is a change long-needed. When everyone is "elite", nobody is elite.
How so? DL will still actively push FCM and still sell EC and priority boarding. Weren't you touting WFBF? Upgrades are not going to get any easier when they continue to keep inventory 0 and sell P.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
what about purchasing someone elses ticket on a PNR? does all people receiev the MQD or just who buiilt the reservation?
Surely the pax receives the MQD, just like the MQM. Anything else would destroy the FFP for business travelers.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:44 am

Programs: DL EOS...
So I guess this be the year to push on to DM since I will likely never reach enough MQD's with 125k MQM's after Jan 1, 2014.

I do appreciate the year notice to strategize things - perhaps I can pay some other bills, car insurance, utilities, etc. to push me over the $25K Amex spend? I already spend about $15k/year on various things, roughly half that on DL tix so the PM MQD is reasonable to reach. At current or presumed higher tix costs?

Good for Amex, eh?

Thanks for the word DLman, it's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it!

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Delta why exactly did you gut MQM earnings on skyteam partners like KE?? KE is such an integral part of Delta customers flying to Asia and now they only get 50% MQMs in coach...
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
How long will it take in 2014 before Delta starts to sell MQD's?
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Thanks for being engaged, Dwayne.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Wow... The only thing saving me from FO is my Reserve card now- I've been flying at least one, if not two, discount J tickets on JV partner stock a year...

I would seriously rethink both the earning levels and MQD policy for JV partners. And think about just kicking those other carriers out of Skyteam- not giving 100% MQM for full J is stupefying.

And please waive change fees for buying up ticket classes, lower M fares, increase Z availability, and buy me a pony. Thx.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
the end of milage runs as we know it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.