Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:57 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
So it looks like Delta isn't recognizing qualification for 2018 yet, or at least, I can't see it. I've qualified, but the site only shows 2017 stats.

I don't usually qualify this early in the year, but I had a lot of rollover. Any idea how soon the system wakes up to 2018?
To what point?

MQMs and MQDs or the waiver? I know a lot rollover enough MQMs to instantly qualify but MQDs/Waiver need to catch up
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have the MQD waiver too.

I want my upgrade certs to apply to some international flights.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by DeltaDunce
I can conclusively verify that purchased MQMs do count as MQDs.

I purchased the lowest tier of MQMs -- which I didn't need -- in order to reach the required threshold of MQDs, which I was just under.

Inflated prices? Probably.
I think I get it back in upgrades.
I too was offered the MQM buy for Plat, but declined because I just buy the A/P fares so upgrades aren't an issue. And being only 2200 MQMs short of Plat meant a nice rollover. I do recall the MQM purchase price was absurd though.

Originally Posted by bml86
I reached DM for the first time en route to a European vacation with my husband.

I proposed to my now husband at T4 in May 2015 and got married this past June. DL has been an important part of taking us to and from many memorable trips, and looking forward to sharing many more experiences with my husband courtesy of DL!
Congrats! ^
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:06 am

deleted

Last edited by boboqui; Jan 20, 2017 at 6:32 pm
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:32 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Has anyone received their 2017 Diamond package yet? Still have not received mine and my 2016 card expires next week.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by keitherson
Has anyone received their 2017 Diamond package yet? Still have not received mine and my 2016 card expires next week.
It's not like the card matters that much and you can store a current one in your Wallet on your iPhone.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keitherson
Yeah. Months ago. When did you qualify in 2016?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by jspira
It's not like the card matters that much and you can store a current one in your Wallet on your iPhone.
Some SkyTeam partner and contract lounges are very picky about needing to see the physical card.

Originally Posted by josephstern
Yeah. Months ago. When did you qualify in 2016?
Ages ago. September 2016.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by boboqui
Ok, so I forked over $195 to get her to silver status. Will she get a letter or email from Delta? Is there a thread or website with tips on how to maximize the use of one's status?
Long story short: I lost $195....

The info displayed in the MY DELTA box that showed "$137 to Silver" on December 29 is misleading. There's no asterisk or link to the page which I only found yesterday after talking to customer service that says that both MQDs and MQMs thresholds are required.

Furthermore, after purchasing the MQDs, I got an email with the title: "THANKS FOR ELEVATING YOUR STATUS.", so I did not suspect anything wrong, I assumed that the status was successfully elevated as per the email. Once again, I was mislead!

The t&c and faq links in the webpage where one buys MQDs doesn't have a link to the Medallion Qualification page. I don't think this is entirely my fault, one cannot know everything...

Is there a Delta liaison here on ft?

Last edited by boboqui; Feb 1, 2017 at 7:37 am
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Interesting, I would've sworn it used to say something like "Complete one from [plane] and one from [$$] to reach __ Medallion". I'm not sure if that language is gone, or merely doesn't show up for me as a DM (even though I have not even qualified for FO for 2018 yet -- more than enough MQMs but just short on MQDs)

FWIW I haven't seen anyone from DL posting in an official capacity in the ~2 years I've been lurking & posting on FT.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So tomorrow is the day, from what i understand?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:57 pm

After two years of Gold I'm back down to Silver. Sigh. Should re-qualify to silver in 1-2 months due to excessive rollover.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond / Delta 360 / HHonors Diamond. FORMER: AAdvantage EXP, Loews YouFirst Platinum, A+ Elite
1200 MQM short for DL (even though $20k+ in MQD) and a couple of my flights were re-routes that shorted me about 2,700 miles for the year. Requested an exception but was denied...tired of being a number to Delta, and as a recovering AA EXP I guess UA is my only hope.

Also, the Delta 360 "secret" membership is fairly unimpressive. The only benefit was the higher priority (above other Diamonds) for upgrades, and SkyClub membership -- fun while it lasted.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by Varian
1200 MQM short for DL (even though $20k+ in MQD) and a couple of my flights were re-routes that shorted me about 2,700 miles for the year. Requested an exception but was denied...tired of being a number to Delta, and as a recovering AA EXP I guess UA is my only hope.

Also, the Delta 360 "secret" membership is fairly unimpressive. The only benefit was the higher priority (above other Diamonds) for upgrades, and SkyClub membership -- fun while it lasted.
Honestly, UA has gotten a lot better since the dark days of the merger. AA, well, that's an entirely different story. I've stuck with AA, but only for n/s shuttle flights and DFW trips. Otherwise, its DL first, UA second, and then AA.

Did you not receive an MQM offer to buy up for status?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: EMT-P
Just to confirm, I cannot apply a GUC to another person's flight unless they are my companion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.