Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL
I would like to apply for a SkyMiles Medallion Match and would like to time it to maximize my match. Any updates on how long it takes between the time you apply and when they confer temporary status?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: DL PM
I applied for a status match challenge (from UA Platinum) on 03JAN, after which I booked a DL flight for 15JAN. By 13JAN I had nothing from Delta, so I Twitter DMed @DeltaAssist and got a reply 12 minutes later. 17 minutes later I received an email stating that my temporary Medallion status will be effective the following day (14JAN). Therefore, I recommend applying for the status challenge at least 2 weeks before your first planned flight with Delta, and if you haven't heard from them 2 days before the flight, DM @DeltaAssist.

BTW, on 14JAN I got upgraded for my 15JAN flight that I had booked 2 weeks earlier.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL DM
Question- (searched and didn't find the answer)

Does anyone know if I add my spouse to my AMEX account will her spend on my account with her card count towards my MQD spend threshold of 25k?

Thanks-
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by emg2919
Question- (searched and didn't find the answer)

Does anyone know if I add my spouse to my AMEX account will her spend on my account with her card count towards my MQD spend threshold of 25k?

Thanks-
Yes it will count towards your MQD (and not your spouse's).
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by pgh234
Yes it will count towards your MQD (and not your spouse's).
Great, thanks! She doesn't travel/fly, so no problem there.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta
Delta diamond--harder to reach even with massive credit card spending

For the past two years I have been Diamond on Delta. I usually miss the MQM cutoff by a few thousand miles but due to massive spending on the Delta Amex card Delta finds a way to grandfather me in to the Diamond. That stopped this year, now I think it is time to desert Delta and go to United. Anyone else not feeling the love from Delta? They talk about "Keep Climbing" but I guess that means profitability not customer service.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MrCF
For the past two years I have been Diamond on Delta. I usually miss the MQM cutoff by a few thousand miles but due to massive spending on the Delta Amex card Delta finds a way to grandfather me in to the Diamond. That stopped this year, now I think it is time to desert Delta and go to United. Anyone else not feeling the love from Delta? They talk about "Keep Climbing" but I guess that means profitability not customer service.
I agree with Delta. You don't fly enough for top tier status, and furthermore, United isn't going to give you 1K just because you spend a lot on their credit card and don't fly enough either.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
I agree with Delta. You don't fly enough for top tier status, and furthermore, United isn't going to give you 1K just because you spend a lot on their credit card and don't fly enough either.
+1. United doesn't have a PQD waiver for 1K on CC spend, so Delta is actually more generous in this case.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by N515CR
+1. United doesn't have a PQD waiver for 1K on CC spend, so Delta is actually more generous in this case.
And say goodbye to Choice Benefits, which don't exist at UA.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
How much is "massive spending"? If it's into 6 figures, you can get 100,000 MQMs from spending. If you don't fly enough to make Diamond with that sort of head start, I don't see why Delta should care about you much.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by sethb
How much is "massive spending"? If it's into 6 figures, you can get 100,000 MQMs from spending. If you don't fly enough to make Diamond with that sort of head start, I don't see why Delta should care about you much.
+1

Also, I strongly suspect that "massive spending" is just a $25k/$50k (or $30k/$60k) threshold on the DL Plat/Reserve Amex, giving OP the MQM boost he/she needs to make DM.

DL is not known for "grandfathering" people into status based on Amex spend. In fact, they are better known for telling people "too bad, try again next year" when they are even less than 1,000 MQM short of a status level.

You either make the MQMs (including rollover and Amex boosts), or you don't. Simple.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
After qualifying for Silver about as late as you can last year, I hit Silver again on Feb 20, and Gold on Mar 3. With a trip to Stockholm next week and Mumbai the week after that, I should reach Platinum on March 24. Diamond is likely on the horizon for early May.

It's been 20 years since I've had to travel this much, and the world is a far different place than what I remember back then. For the most part, I'm happy with Delta, but I am a bit nostalgic for the 80s-90s United flights that were often about half full.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Every time I click on Medallion qualifying Miles on the Delta website it won't take me to an explication....I have a few discounted Delta One flights JFK-LAX booked over the next few weeks. Is there a chart that shows what fares give MQM bonuses? Or are there none? Thx.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 3:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by morrisunc
Every time I click on Medallion qualifying Miles on the Delta website it won't take me to an explication....I have a few discounted Delta One flights JFK-LAX booked over the next few weeks. Is there a chart that shows what fares give MQM bonuses? Or are there none? Thx.
discounted D1 earns 150% MQMs. You can find the RDM/MQM earning chart here:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ith-delta.html
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:07 pm

I signed up for a Gold Medallion challenge in early January, but due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to postpone several planned trips, so I probably won't make the MQM threshold.

I am aware that status matches are once-per-lifetime, but does anyone know what happens if you fail to complete the challenge - does Delta allow you to try another challenge later on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.