Twilight Zone

Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Twilight Zone

Believe it or not, today is the first time I have been on an airplane since Thanksgiving.

Despite the weather, I arrived in ATL on-time, and there was a ramp crew waiting on the airplane and a jetway driver was there as well. After exiting the jetway, things were very orderly and quiet on D. Wow, what is going on?

Currently sitting in B24 SC and it is half full, all food fully stocked, and I know this is crazy talk, but......a stack of newspapers. To make matters worse, no one is screaming into their cell phone.

My next flight is on-time and a couple of gates away.

What in the world is going on? What happened to that travel experience I have grown so accustomed to? Oh, the horror. I am not sure I know how to act.

The next thing you will tell me is my bag will make it. This is getting INSANE!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
As long is there no creature on the wing trying to bust the engine you should be fine.

Last edited by buckeyefanflyer; Jan 15, 2013 at 12:45 pm
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
As long is there no creature on the wing trying to bust the engine you should be fine.Uq
or trying to boldly go where no man has gone before (think of who played the part)

Hint: he's still trying to sell travel in TV ads for an company that won't get you any Delta points.

<lol>

Bob H
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Believe it or not, today is the first time I have been on an airplane since Thanksgiving.

Despite the weather, I arrived in ATL on-time, and there was a ramp crew waiting on the airplane and a jetway driver was there as well. After exiting the jetway, things were very orderly and quiet on D. Wow, what is going on?

Currently sitting in B24 SC and it is half full, all food fully stocked, and I know this is crazy talk, but......a stack of newspapers. To make matters worse, no one is screaming into their cell phone.

My next flight is on-time and a couple of gates away.

What in the world is going on? What happened to that travel experience I have grown so accustomed to? Oh, the horror. I am not sure I know how to act.

The next thing you will tell me is my bag will make it. This is getting INSANE!
I enjoy reading some fiction at lunchtime. Thanks for that, dilbertsdaddy
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Must be worth some SkyPesos
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Twilight Zone

Gotta love Tuesday during off peak travel times.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by aviatorzz
Seriously. I have so been enjoying the last week or two, when pretty much the only folks traveling are those of us who have to.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
My last flight was November 15th and my first flight on 2013 is tomorrow. I'm hoping Wednesday is as boring as Tuesday and things really have changed to the travel experience I remember.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Update:

Bag beat me to baggage claim, and I walk really fast.

FA in FC was awesome.

What happened to the cranberries in the snack basket?

If every trip was like this traveling would actually be fun.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:40 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by aviatorzz
This...
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
A few months ago on a Tues I was the only person in the NRT SC for about 15 min after arriving from JFK until 3 other pax arrived

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.