Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by shimps1
L
Also, I have an award booked 3/4 SYD>CAN>HND on CZ, that I booked via DL.com. I was curious today if there was a price change on it, and DL.com doesn't show any routing SYD>TYO available. Anyone else having an issue? Seems similar to the China Eastern one above.
dullta.com calendar seems to be broken. For the several non-DL routes (direct flights) I've checked, 5 days or 5 weeks view always show all dates blank as N/A, even though the flights are there and available...just calendar is broken. May be also connections search is broken, so you can't search O&D and instead need to search segment by segment (as has been often the case for quite a few routes anyway).

As usual, seems that DL pushed out some change without bothering to do even a few minute basic QA on it. QA & DL: arch nemesis for life.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:04 am

Random, but there are 2 business class seats available on July 23rd 2017 through Delta for the Garuda Indonesia flight from Singapore to London Heathrow. I almost never see this open, unlike economy. Great use of SkyMiles. Could begin from Jakarta as well I'd imagine.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Same experience here. Agents are either deadly afraid to do it, or don't know how (lack of training), don't have access (DL doesn't want to let them do their job), or just don't care about the customer at all..

It's getting harder and harder to use DL SlyMiles...

And gone are the days when DL still had some elements of NW left within that cared about the customer. The DL corporate culture & attitude of "couldn't care less about the customer" is now practically thoroughly prevalent throughout.

@:-) TIP: if you are trying to book multiple seats on one PNR, have DL split it up and book it one by one. That may work. Or at least you'll be able to book the ticket for one of the passengers...then can try for the other one later, or may need to bite the bullet and buy a revenue ticket for the other pax. Based on some recent reports, it seems that DL is [i]may[/b] be able to book MU actual availability -1, so if MU has O2 available, DL can only book 1 seat.
UPDATE: On call #9 to the Platinum line, I found an agent willing to long sell MU. Seat confirmed right away. Thx everyone for the idea!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by damaxer91
UPDATE: On call #9 to the Platinum line, I found an agent willing to long sell MU. Seat confirmed right away. Thx everyone for the idea!
So glad to hear that! Persistence finally paid off. Congrats!

AND a very useful datapoint for us all: longsell still works and is the way to go (if one can find an agent who cares to actually do their job) when otherwise MU flights will show up but "not confirm."

(Now of course, the passenger should never have to jump through such flaming hoops just to book a flight that they have earned...but, well, sadly this is how very anti-customer DL has become nowadays.)
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
So glad to hear that! Persistence finally paid off. Congrats!

AND a very useful datapoint for us all: longsell still works and is the way to go (if one can find an agent who cares to actually do their job) when otherwise MU flights will show up but "not confirm."

(Now of course, the passenger should never have to jump through such flaming hoops just to book a flight that they have earned...but, well, sadly this is how very anti-customer DL has become nowadays.)
Congrats from my end as well. After the ticket is issued I would call the plat line again, have them refresh your PNR and make sure your seat is still showing confirmed.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Congrats from my end as well. After the ticket is issued I would call the plat line again, have them refresh your PNR and make sure your seat is still showing confirmed.
Better to check with the operating carrier. It may be fine on DL side, but not so on the operating carrier.

99% likely it's fine, though...but it doesn't hurt to check, you're right.

For China-based airlines, www.travelsky.com is the place to check ticket validity (as selling fake tickets there is a big business, apparently). Or, one can just call the operating carrier of course..
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Better to check with the operating carrier. It may be fine on DL side, but not so on the operating carrier.

99% likely it's fine, though...but it doesn't hurt to check, you're right.

For China-based airlines, www.travelsky.com is the place to check ticket validity (as selling fake tickets there is a big business, apparently). Or, one can just call the operating carrier of course..
What system does travelsky use? Worldspan? I used to use checkmytrip for AF/KL flights (primarily to check seats too), can't remember what system that is on and it if works for other global ST partners.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
What system does travelsky use? Worldspan? I used to use checkmytrip for AF/KL flights (primarily to check seats too), can't remember what system that is on and it if works for other global ST partners.
I can report that CI works with checkmytrip too.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:15 pm

Honestly not sure. It may be something that's unique to China unless all the airlines there are on a single GDS, as it's main purpose is to validate a ticket on any China carrier.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Checkmytrip is for Amadeus.

Sabre has VirtuallyThere.com

Travelport uses ViewTrip.com
Old Jun 29, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by gooselee
Checkmytrip is for Amadeus.

Sabre has VirtuallyThere.com

Travelport uses ViewTrip.com
Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:07 pm

Has anybody had success paying for an upgrade from Main Cabin to Comfort+ for tickets booked with the Platinum companion certificate? I do not yet have elite status so cannot use that for a complimentary upgrade.

The reason I ask is that I'm considering whether it's worthwhile to upgrade from the Delta Gold card to the Delta Platinum. The only thing that's really appealing is the companion certificate, but my traveling companions and I are all very tall to the point where we can't really manage anything less than Comfort+ (or at least exit row seating).

Thanks!

Edit: Looks like there was some discussion on Apr. 21 about this and that it's now available as an option. Interesting.

Last edited by weaseltown; Jul 3, 2017 at 2:21 pm
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Have again successfully used my wife's Reserve companion ticket for our trip to Phoenix. Would have probably done FC if not for the change in upgrades. Got two coach seats at a good price and we were "immediately" upgraded to C+.

As usual don't have a FC offer since it's the companion ticket (not interested in paying for it anyway) so seating only shows the C+ tickets available. App on my phone is the same, but you can check upgrades and it shows a lot of FC on all four segments. Don't know how accurate that is and while I could try and "buy" a ticket to see chart, I'm content to just wait and see if we get the upgrade(s).
Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:45 pm

FYI Reserve Comp Certs can now be used to purchase C+ outright on initial booking. While many may not choose that option, it'll greatly enhance availability.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
Have again successfully used my wife's Reserve companion ticket for our trip to Phoenix. Would have probably done FC if not for the change in upgrades. Got two coach seats at a good price and we were "immediately" upgraded to C+.

As usual don't have a FC offer since it's the companion ticket (not interested in paying for it anyway) so seating only shows the C+ tickets available. App on my phone is the same, but you can check upgrades and it shows a lot of FC on all four segments. Don't know how accurate that is and while I could try and "buy" a ticket to see chart, I'm content to just wait and see if we get the upgrade(s).
Would interested to know what you pad for your tickets, I just used our PLT certificate for PHX-MCO, $400.20 RT for 2 with tax. I'm hoping for some over sold flights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.