Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Dedicated Flat Bed Routes and domestic lie-flat / flat bed routes

Dedicated Flat Bed Routes and domestic lie-flat / flat bed routes

Old May 6, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by rlsrlj
I am looking for the flat bed seats...the lie flat ones are from NW? So they are angled lie flat correct? I just don't want the old cradle seats. Thanks!
For the coming summer, the EWR-AMS flight and one of the two JFK-AMS (DL70) 767 flights are scheduled to be flat-bed 767-300ERs. But as usual, given that they haven't entirely redone the 767 fleet yet, there is a chance of a last-minute substitution to a non-refurbished 763ER if there are IROPS.
Old May 6, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by sky303
I believe the morning LAX-HNL is operated regularly with a flatbed reconfigured 763. The one reconfigured A333 with flatbed seats has flown the ATL-HNL route a few times, but it's on a pretty random rotation throughout the system. Otherwise the ATL-HNL flight is the only other flight from the mainland to HNL equipped with what can be considered (albeit, angled) lie-flats. Also, SFO-HNL and SLC-HNL, last time I looked, were on equipment with recliner-style BE seats (757 and 763 respectively).
Do you know which flight from ATL-HNL is equipped with more than domestic F seats? I am going to HNL the end of this month, so that goose is already cooked, but I will also be going back in a few months, and would like to know before I book that rez. Any idea? The flight from ATL-HNL is between 10 and 11 hours, so it is actually longer than flying to most of Europe from the east coast US. That is why on the trip this month, I broke it up with a change of planes in LAX. But, if I knew I could be on the better equipped seats flight, I would do it without a change of planes.

ADD EDIT: OOPS! I forgot to say thank you for the answer and the attention! Sorry about that!

Last edited by USirritated; May 6, 2013 at 8:33 am Reason: ADD EDIT
Old May 6, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by javabytes
Is it still there? I saw it in the schedule a while ago, but thought it ended mid-April.
Well DL sold me a flight on the 777 DTW-AMS in August so I hope and expect it to be there! If not, I will ask for a re-route to a fully flat flight from another city.
Old May 6, 2013, 9:04 am

According to the schedules, the 777 returns to DTW-AMS on 5/31
Old May 6, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by USirritated
Do you know which flight from ATL-HNL is equipped with more than domestic F seats?
There is only one nonstop ATL-HNL flight, so it's pretty simple. Another way to tell is to look at equipment. There are no A330s with domestic F, so anything on an A330 will have more than domestic F (either PMNW angled flat seats or the new Cirrus 1-2-1 flat beds). Do be careful, as there is a direct ATL-HNL via SLC. Can't vouch for the equipment on those flights.
Old May 6, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by USirritated
Do you know which flight from ATL-HNL is equipped with more than domestic F seats? I am going to HNL the end of this month, so that goose is already cooked, but I will also be going back in a few months, and would like to know before I book that rez. Any idea? The flight from ATL-HNL is between 10 and 11 hours, so it is actually longer than flying to most of Europe from the east coast US. That is why on the trip this month, I broke it up with a change of planes in LAX. But, if I knew I could be on the better equipped seats flight, I would do it without a change of planes.

ADD EDIT: OOPS! I forgot to say thank you for the answer and the attention! Sorry about that!
No problem; I would've answered sooner had I checked this thread recently.

ATL-HNL is a once daily service, so it is always on the A333 with either angled lie-flat seats or fully flat-beds. Assume it will be a seat that looks like this and recline to a flat position at an angle:

However, there is a slight chance that it could be the refurbished A333 in which case the seat will look like this and recline to a fully flat position:

The other flight that may come up will be the "direct" ATL-HNL flight that is routed via SLC on a 763 with cradle seats that will look like this and recline like a la-z-boy:
Old May 6, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Was looking at MSP-ATL tickets for later this month, DL2177 is listed (332) on this route with the older sleeper seats.... Friday may 24th.
Old May 6, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by mtkeller
There is only one nonstop ATL-HNL flight, so it's pretty simple. Another way to tell is to look at equipment. There are no A330s with domestic F, so anything on an A330 will have more than domestic F (either PMNW angled flat seats or the new Cirrus 1-2-1 flat beds). Do be careful, as there is a direct ATL-HNL via SLC. Can't vouch for the equipment on those flights.
That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks!
Old May 6, 2013, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Was looking at MSP-ATL tickets for later this month, DL2177 is listed (332) on this route with the older sleeper seats.... Friday may 24th.
Where exactly were you looking? There are no non-stop MSP-HNL flights on the schedule for that day.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
I am on the 777 lie flat service AMS-DTW; all the 777 lie flat reviews seem to mention the 777 LR. Mine is operated by an ER...do the 777 lie flat reviews also apply to the ER? i.e. should i take 7 or 14 A if I want the extra storage?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by plinko83
I am on the 777 lie flat service AMS-DTW; all the 777 lie flat reviews seem to mention the 777 LR. Mine is operated by an ER...do the 777 lie flat reviews also apply to the ER? i.e. should i take 7 or 14 A if I want the extra storage?
Exact same seats. I like 7A because it's not bordering Y and gets served (usually) first out of the second galley.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by plinko83
7A for sure. Not only do the Y pax not walk past you, you get on/off quickly, served quickly, and have a little more privacy.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
7A for sure. Not only do the Y pax not walk past you, you get on/off quickly, served quickly, and have a little more privacy.
Fantastic...7A it is. Thank you!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Does anyone know if any domestic PDX flights have moved/are moving to lie-flat? I'm thinking either JFK-PDX or ATL-PDX, and returns. I wasn't able to see any in the first couple of searches but thought I remembered they would be. Also, SEA?

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Does anyone know if any domestic PDX flights have moved/are moving to lie-flat? I'm thinking either JFK-PDX or ATL-PDX, and returns. I wasn't able to see any in the first couple of searches but thought I remembered they would be. Also, SEA?
The only routes in the continental U.S. with regularly scheduled flat bed service are JFK-LAX/SFO/SEA (and returns). Among these three routes, only those flights operated with 767-300ER (76W) aircraft will have flat beds until the 757-200 (75E) fleet has been retrofitted with new BusinessElite cabins.

Delta hasn't announced any plans for domestic BusinessElite service to PDX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.