Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Air Seat Assignments

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Gold; SPG Gold
Alaska Air Seat Assignments

I am on DL9050 from HNL to SEA in January. It is operated by Alaska Airlines.
I have seat assignments in an exit row but they show up as "requested".
How do I get these assigned. I called Delta Platinum line and they were not helpful. Said anything could happen with these seats at the gate. Will AS talk to me about this or is this just policy?
Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
call DL and get the AS PNR, then call AS to make sure your DL status shows in their system
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL, AS, 7H, KS
The DL and AS systems do not always communicate well – especially when it comes to seat assignments.

If you try to choose your seats on delta.com for an AS flight, there is no guarantee that your seat will “stick.”

Your best bet here is to call AS and ask for your Alaska confirmation code.
Once you have this, you can go to alaskaair.com and choose your seat. Then it will stick.

I have used this method many times with a high success rate.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Qatar Gold, Delta MM
I have a Delta international trip coming up with a leg from SEA/STL on AS. I asked and tweeted Delta for my Alaska confirmation code and was told both times that they couldn't see it. @Deltaassist thought it was odd. If I call AS will they be able to find me with just my Delta confirmation or flight number?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by dmf_singapore
I have a Delta international trip coming up with a leg from SEA/STL on AS. I asked and tweeted Delta for my Alaska confirmation code and was told both times that they couldn't see it. @Deltaassist thought it was odd. If I call AS will they be able to find me with just my Delta confirmation or flight number?
Yes they will, I've done that myself.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by dmf_singapore
You can get your AS confirmation number by calling AS and working your way thru the automated prompts (flight #, date, etc). Kind of tedious, but it beats waiting on hold.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Marriott Gold; SPG Gold
Thanks to all. I called AS and got the confirmation# but then asked if they could assign the seats. They saw I was Plat and made the assignment so all is set.
Thanks again for all the help.
Happy Holidays.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyfarther
Thanks to all. I called AS and got the confirmation# but then asked if they could assign the seats. They saw I was Plat and made the assignment so all is set.
Glad it worked out for you. Definitely good to check. I got burned earlier this month by not checking on a AS code. Seats I chose via DL.com didn't get reserved for me and nothing but the last row was waiting for me by the time I realized the error of my ways (and DL's IT-ways ).

flying_kicks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.