Search

75Es to get flat-beds in J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
75Es to get flat-beds in J

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-...160400051.html

The article states they will be in a 2-2 layout. I'm not sure if the Thompson Vantage will fit on the 757 such layout. Perhaps they will be the B/E Aerospace Diamond, similar to what is on UA's PMCO 752s.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
It looks like the Thompson Vantage is designed to fit. Not sure if that's what they are actually using though.

http://www.thompsonaero.com/index.php/lopas/#tab8
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by timf
It looks like the Thompson Vantage is designed to fit. Not sure if that's what they are actually using though.

http://www.thompsonaero.com/index.php/lopas/#tab8
Actually, looking at the seat map, the Thompson Vantage seats are in an alternating 2-2/1-1 layout. Yes, DL can still fit in 16 J seats forward of the exits using the Thompson Vantage, however, the article states the aircraft will be in a 2-2 layout, rather than an alternating 2-2/1-1 layout.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
It's nice to read that the 757 JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX transcons will be fitted with lie-flats within 24 months, but this falls well short of committing to lie-flats on all the 757 intercon routes, ie the select South America and Europe routes.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It's nice to read that the 757 JFK-SEA/SFO/LAX transcons will be fitted with lie-flats within 24 months, but this falls well short of committing to lie-flats on all the 757 intercon routes, ie the select South America and Europe routes.
The 757's that run select S. America & Europe with true BE product are the 75E's. As a result, those routes will get the flat beds.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm surprised that DL is going to be stepping back from its policy of having direct aisle access for all new BE flat bed seats. Claiming that feature for all longhaul aircraft would be good marketing and allow for some straightforward ads without having to list exceptions.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm surprised that DL is going to be stepping back from its policy of having direct aisle access for all new BE flat bed seats. Claiming that feature for all longhaul aircraft would be good marketing and allow for some straightforward ads without having to list exceptions.
Well this is the same marketing department that continues with the whole "loyalty is a two way street" thing in the face of T-72, FCM, stealth award chart updates, and so forth... so I'm sure no matter what happens with the 75Es, they'd find a way to spin it.

Perhaps they could say that JFK-LAX/SFO isn't really "long haul" at only 4-5 hours, that it's only medium haul.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I don't think it's possible to have direct aisle access on a 757 without reducing the number of premium cabin seats or taking a (significant) chunk of seats out of the coach cabin. I tend to think neither would be an ideal scenario.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Problem is with the 757 - there is no good way to have a 1-1 BE cabin without compromising the economics. Between doors 1 and 2, there is no way they would be able to get more than 10-12 BE seats instead of 16 in that space. If they extend BE past the 2nd door, they will start messing with EC and Y seats counts....
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:45 pm
Suspended

This may be the end of comped upgrades on this route. Not that they come easily anyway.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Vuelos
The 757's that run select S. America & Europe with true BE product are the 75E's. As a result, those routes will get the flat beds.
I understand your point that the equipment is 75E, but the press release speaks to conversions for the 757 transcon fleet specifically, not all aircraft of the type.

Extracts from today's press release, emphasis mine.

All of Delta's Boeing 757 and 767 aircraft serving these transcontinental markets will offer the flatbed seats over approximately the following 24 months.

Sixteen full flat-bed seats on the updated transcontinental 757 fleet...

Prior to the full cabin modification and by next summer, the transcon 757 fleet...

Maybe the rest of the 757 Business Elites will get upgraded on a different timeline. Maybe they'll go away and DL will upgauge to 767s or drop the routes. Maybe they had the staff who normally do promo T&Cs write this press release and they've done another bang-up job! I look forward to clarification, a broader press release - or the strings of invective that will come when some people here figure out that their BE seats really will still be 150-degree recliners.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Delete...
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Problem is with the 757 - there is no good way to have a 1-1 BE cabin without compromising the economics. Between doors 1 and 2, there is no way they would be able to get more than 10-12 BE seats instead of 16 in that space. If they extend BE past the 2nd door, they will start messing with EC and Y seats counts....
Bunk beds?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:37 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by javabytes
...Perhaps they could say that JFK-LAX/SFO isn't really "long haul" at only 4-5 hours, that it's only medium haul.
And they'd be right.

Originally Posted by g2gtrading
This may be the end of comped upgrades on this route. Not that they come easily anyway.
Not sure why there is so much speculation on this. When DL launched B/E as JFK-SFO, JFK-LAX and BOS-LAX, they had no such restrictions. At that time, the routes were getting the int'l hard product. Same thing this time around.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by andymo99
Not sure why there is so much speculation on this. When DL launched B/E as JFK-SFO, JFK-LAX and BOS-LAX, they had no such restrictions. At that time, the routes were getting the int'l hard product. Same thing this time around.
When were they running BOS-LAX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.