Search

ATL Sky Priority Lane

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
ATL Sky Priority Lane

Where in ATL is the sky priority lane at security?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:49 am

South Security.. Use at your own risk.

If you have PreCheck it's at South Security too.. but if I don't get the three beeps I backtrack to main which is faster (more check points, fewer Diamonds thinking "they didn't mean "I" have to empty my pockets" I have never understood how you could get to that level and not understand how to go through security!)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:37 am

Programs: DL PM, AMEX Plat
If you don't get the three beeps be prepared for a long wait.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by benrules
Probably the most nervous I ever get in my life is the millisecond between scanning and hearing the beeps.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
The main security usually has a sky priority line next to the disabled persons line. That may only be open on Monday mornings or other high traffic times. If I don't get 3 beeps, I just go to that line.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Not if everyone gets 3 beeps ...

I used SP lane today around 7:20am, there was a longer line for PreCheck than there was for nonPreCheck. In fact, the guy behind me didn't get 3 beeps while I did, and we exited security right at the same time.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by amolkold

I used SP lane today around 7:20am, there was a longer line for PreCheck than there was for nonPreCheck. In fact, the guy behind me didn't get 3 beeps while I did, and we exited security right at the same time.
All the flights up the east coast being canceled seemed to make all the lines shorter today. On a normal Monday morning at 6-6:30am, the precheck line is faster even if it's longer.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Scan your BP beforehand and find out if it has a 3 in the last field. Then you don't waste time at Hartsfield to find that out.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ElPresidente
Scan your BP beforehand and find out if it has a 3 in the last field. Then you don't waste time at Hartsfield to find that out.
Where do you scan it and get the output?

PP
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by pogopossum
Where do you scan it and get the output?

PP
The barcode on your boarding pass is apparently plaintext, and the last field is either a 1 or a 3 for the number of beeps.

http://puckinflight.wordpress.com/20...-check-system/

I've got barcode reader software on my iPhone, when I get home I'll try it out on a stack of old boarding passes I have.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by ElPresidente
The barcode on your boarding pass is apparently plaintext, and the last field is either a 1 or a 3 for the number of beeps.

http://puckinflight.wordpress.com/20...-check-system/

I've got barcode reader software on my iPhone, when I get home I'll try it out on a stack of old boarding passes I have.
How can you scan your BP to find out what the numbers are? Mine on my iphone are a QCR code and on a paper pass a regular barcode with no numbers. Not sure how I can figure out what the numbers would be if it was scanned.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
How can you scan your BP to find out what the numbers are? Mine on my iphone are a QCR code and on a paper pass a regular barcode with no numbers. Not sure how I can figure out what the numbers would be if it was scanned.
Is it QR or something else? I'm no expert, but looking at my recent Electronic Boarding Passes, it doesn't have the 3 boxes in corners I am used to seeing on QR codes. It has a set of nested boxes in the middle, which from a little reading leads to some company called NeoMedia that calls it a 2D barcode.

Anyhow I downloaded a free app just now called NeoReader for my iPhone.

I didn't see any easy way to tell NeoReader to look directly at the EBP, so I cheated a bit. Went to my EBP, then copied the image into my photos. Emailed myself a copy of the image and printed it. Put the printout in front of NeoReader and voila! Then I thought about and realized I could bring up the EBP using the URL string in any browser, and just scan that directly from iPhone app without using a printout. So I brought up the EBP on my MacBook browser, scanned the screen with NeoReader, and that worked fine too.

There was a bunch of flight data, and later in the data the only single-digit value surrounded by blanks was a 3. So from that I understand that this EBP would have generated 3 beeps for PreCheck.

Easy peasy.

Last edited by ElPresidente; Oct 29, 2012 at 4:50 pm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by amolkold

Was like that on Thursday evening as well - PreCheck line was all the way out to the barcode reader. SkyPriority line looked to be much shorter.

Of course, I'll still take PreCheck just so I don't need to deal with opt-outs and taking my stuff out, etc.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: DL KM
http://online-barcode-reader.inliter...m/default.aspx

upload your boarding pass to that site and pick the type of barcode you want to examine, and it returns all of the info on the barcode in plain text.

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver, HH Gold, Amex Platinum
Agreed, ATL was my home airport for a very long time and I still regularly fly through there - take a look at South but often, main security is the fastest way to go. IMHO entering on the right side is also usually fastest as big groups and military usually enter on the left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.