A Delta Aircraft Experience Update

Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Thanks for the updates Mr. Babb.

Also, I have heard rumors that the A319s will be getting 10 more Y seats by the use of slimline seats. Are those rumors true?

If so, what model of Y seat will they get? In addition to the Weber/Zodiac 5751 and B/E Aerospace Pinnacle, Weber/Zodiac now offers a 5752 seat, which is an update to the 5751. Other comparable models of seats include the Recaro BL 3520 and Aviointeriors UltraLight. I know some of the ex-Northwest aircraft have Recaro seats in Y, and perhaps the past Northwest relationship might play a role in future seat orders. The pre-merger Delta fleet primarily has Weber seats in Y, except for the MD-88s and Delta original MD-90s, which have B/E Aerospace seats. The ex-Northwest fleet has generally either Recaro or B/E Aerospace seats in Y. As for Aviointeriors, that seems unlikely considering neither Delta nor Northwest have a past experience with that seat manufacturer, however, it shouldn't be ruled out completely.

Last edited by Delta 764; Oct 15, 2012 at 9:17 pm
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by jsbh
Indeed thank you so much for the updates. I for one am nothing short of thrilled with the 747S, 777ER, E75, CR7, and CR9 upgrades.

If it is not too much trouble, may I ask that you visit the below thread regarding SWUs on AF? There is much debate and speculation that would benefit from someone in the know.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...premium-w.html

Thanks
Chris's area seems to be the in flight product, so while I'd love for someone from DL to comment in that thread, I don't expect Chris will be able to get us any information. Now if he could prod a colleague to look into that thread, it would be great.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Chris_DeltaCustExp
The A330 fleet will be installed with the same flat-bed seat as the 747. 34 seats in a 1-2-1 configuration.
Any ability to let us know what the total configuration on the A330s will be after the new seats are put in? As I posted up thread, US has far fewer than 34 J seats on their A332s (20) and seems only to get 28 ahead of 2L on the A333s. This is in line with CX's configuration. Is there some flexibility to the Cirrus design that allows tighter packing than the other carriers are using, or will there be a J cabin behind 2L, possibly reducing the size/pitch in economy (or reconfiguring closets and lavs)?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium

That's one of the reasons our friends at United had to take a brand new 787 in 2012 with a 2007-era IFE system -- because of the long lead times associated with sourcing seats, IFE, etc.
Maybe they will keep the UA tradition and have duct tape holding the system in place too?

Originally Posted by jsbh
If it is not too much trouble, may I ask that you visit the below thread regarding SWUs on AF? There is much debate and speculation that would benefit from someone in the know.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...premium-w.html
jsbh: the nice folks in the loyalty group don't have the same view on customer engagement and open communication as the Chris' (product) group, so I don't think we'll be getting a straight answer on that anytime soon.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
Great info! Thanks for the post.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Nice update. Hope the trend continues with DL management engaging FTers.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:57 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Thanks for the great update. Really glad to hear thicker cushions are being put into Y...

Slightly off topic but it comes up so much on here its worth asking....any timeline for being able to process mileage upgrades online?

And also...on the topic of transcon service....really great to hear there might be improved BE service (flat beds!). I want to put in an official plug for bringing coach meals back to these very long domestic flights.

(ok, everyone flame me now for being of topic).
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Thanks Chris!

I really appreciate this.

Please encourage the other business units at Delta to follow your lead and share information with their customers.

Maps
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Chris,

Thanks for a great information update.

I'm delighted with your follow up to valid questions to clarify details.

I also got a kick out of your interchange with Mr. Thomas Hudson. It's tough to be humorous and non-insulting in forum repartee and you accomplished it well.

Will you provide discount coupons for tetanus shots in the CRJ100/200 seat pockets?

Hopefully, other DL departments have learned that posting on FT doesn't automatically mean confrontation but can provide a positive benefit for all participants.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
thank you for all the info Chris...
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Nice update. Hope the trend continues with DL management engaging FTers.
I'm willing to bet Chris has more posts in this thread alone than all other DL reps have in the last two years combined.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by OnTheSlopes
Chris - HUGE thank you for all the info. Very much appreciated!!! Nice to read, can't wait to try all of it!
^^^^

But you'll likely see an overall reduction in the number of transatlantic 75E missions.
A few years back, I believe that Glen Hauenstein (at that time in the employ of another airline) was credited with the concept of carpet bombing Europe with 757s.

Thanks again for the updates.

David
Old Oct 16, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Maybe they will keep the UA tradition and have duct tape holding the system in place too?

jsbh: the nice folks in the loyalty group don't have the same view on customer engagement and open communication as the Chris' (product) group, so I don't think we'll be getting a straight answer on that anytime soon.
I don't have any problems communicating with the folks in the loyalty group, so maybe it's you. Try a little sugar instead of vinegar.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Just a few quick questions for Chris...

1. recent software changes to domestic AVOD downgraded the Moving Map/flight show....zoom in city/town details on the map have disappeared as well as national parks ect.....also "estimated time of arrival" "local time at origin" "local time at destination" disappeared as well.....could some of the map details and the "time of arrival" be added back....I think it is still the same data provider....

2.slightly off topic...can you please forward to in-flight service about adding back the ameretto di saronna in the first class cabin as a liquor selection...it is served on American and United...a lot of us miss it..thank you

3. looking forward to the AVOD upgrades on the 757-300 and hopefully some of the NWA 757-200's can be refurbed...they are kinda ratty in the FLL market
Old Oct 16, 2012, 7:35 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
Chris,

Thanks for a fabulous update! I too, look forward to the 737-900 and the 717. Can't come too soon in my opinion. Conspicuously absent was any mention about the A320 or A319... I expect that the 320 is pretty much heading towards end of life, but what about the 319? A recurring theme here is that it was a BIG mistake dropping the fourth row of FC on those birds, glad to see that you've gone with 5 rows on the 737-900.
We don't have any info to relay regarding the Airbus A319/320 fleet...at this time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.