SCAM Alert: friend received an email for E-ticket never ordered???

Subscribe
Hi All,

IS that email is scammed from Delta? I am not quite sure. Can anyone to find out why DL is scamming me?

TICKET NUMBER / 2 622 1089376438 2
SEAT / 75A/ZONE 2
DATE / TIME 14 JUNE, 2012, 08:23 AM
ARRIVING / Plano
FORM OF PAYMENT / XXXXXX
TOTAL PRICE / 280.80 USD
REF / KE2156 ST / OK
BAG / 1PC

Is that email fraudulent?
Does this itinerary show up in your SkyMiles account?

Also, Zone doesn't ever come over on an email receipt for a ticket.
All depends. Do you want to go to Plano?
Spam. Don't open the attachment that came with the email if it's like the one I got. Looks nothing like a delta communication so I didn't bother to even read it.
Quote: Spam. Don't open the attachment that came with the email if it's like the one I got. Looks nothing like a delta communication so I didn't bother to even read it.
Oh! I think it is spam email and I delete it. I didn't even know that why they spamming email me from Delta.
It's not from delta. Anyone can send an email and have the "from" line be whatever they want, such as the delta confirmation email. Spammers do it all the time with UPS, wells fargo, us air, etc.
Surely there is no way DL is intentionally sending you a scam email.

This happens a lot where large companies have spmmmers pretend to send emails on their behalf.
I've been getting similar spam purporting to be from AA for the last several months, usually with a zip file attached. Fortunately, I know enough to simply delete them. Lately, other Flyertalkers are reporting receipt of similar spam.

Whatever you do, never open the attachments. Ever.
Quote: Surely there is no way DL is intentionally sending you a scam email.
It was not my mine email but, it was someone else. I think DL did send wrong email.

Right, I won't deal anymore spam email from Delta.
DeltaPoints posted this in his blog:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/deltap...lert-and-more/

Hope this helps. My guess it's a phishing email.
I just hope this isn't a sign that Delta has been hacked and our customer account information released. Skymilesinsider, can you check with Delta on this?

Thanks

OTP
Quote: Oh! I think it is spam email and I delete it. I didn't even know that why they spamming email me from Delta.
It isn't Delta that's doing it -- I've heard of similar messages.

Bob H
Quote: Hi All,

IS that email is scammed from Delta? I am not quite sure. Can anyone to find out why DL is scamming me?

TICKET NUMBER / 2 622 1089376438 2
SEAT / 75A/ZONE 2
DATE / TIME 14 JUNE, 2012, 08:23 AM
ARRIVING / Plano
FORM OF PAYMENT / XXXXXX
TOTAL PRICE / 280.80 USD
REF / KE2156 ST / OK
BAG / 1PC

Is that email fraudulent?
I received a similar one that GMail automatically tagged as Spam & Phishing. Do not open; report to DL so they are aware of the phishing scam.
Quote: I received a similar one that GMail automatically tagged as Spam & Phishing. Do not open; report to DL so they are aware of the phishing scam.
I received one - it has a clickable link in it. DEFINITELY NOT from Delta - delete immediately. SCAM and SPAM
It's a Phishing scam.

Another one's going around with bills from Verizon Wireless with random figures like $1211.73. I almost freaked, but thought to call instead of click. It linked to a rogue web site in Sweden.