Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Wolfe Transportation Conference: DL offers buyouts, early retirement package

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic

Summary from Atlanta Business Journal
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...t-options.html

Full transcript is here:
https://s2.q4cdn.com/181345880/files/doc_events/2020/05/Delta-Air-Lines-Wolfe-Transportation-Conference-Corrected-Transcript.pdf

Bottom of page 4:

As of right now, we've had over 40,000 employees sign up for a significant personal sacrifice by taking an unpaid voluntary leave from 30 days out to as long as 12 months. We will be launching a voluntary separation and early retirement package that we have been foreshadowing since the April call. And in addition to continuing the unpaid leaves, we hope that most of the head count changes that we're going to need are going to be achieved through these voluntary programs, and we can do that quickly.

Last edited by navi_jen; May 28, 2020 at 8:28 pm
Old May 28, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
It's a sad reality for DL and really all US airlines.
ab2013 likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
It's a sad day for nearly every. The airlines are no different.

The current reality is forcing most industries to innovate. I'll be curious to see how DL and other carriers make the economics of not cramming us into aircraft like sardines work.
smartytravel likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 10:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
It makes certain arguments like DL only offering gas station snacks on domestic flights seem petty and slightly tone-deaf at best. These companies are getting bled dry by corona, and so many will lose their jobs when it’s not even their fault.
757FO and kimberlyrose like this.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:35 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ab2013
It makes certain arguments like DL only offering gas station snacks on domestic flights seem petty and slightly tone-deaf at best. These companies are getting bled dry by corona, and so many will lose their jobs when it’s not even their fault.
I disagree about the lack of service in Delta F/J. Hard times will surely pass, but once you lose a customer to the competition it is hard to gain them back. Providing a drink or a hot snack on a four hour domestic flight is not going to kill Delta’s bottom line. But the concept of customer lifetime value goes down the drain the minute a customer embraces another airline due to lack of service on Delta.
Old May 29, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by arunhn
I Providing a drink or a hot snack on a four hour domestic flight is not going to kill Delta’s bottom line.
I am willing to give up drinks and hot snacks if it helps keep just one person employed. A laid-off friend of mine has had her life turned upside down, feels that she has lost her career, and fears that her long-term financial stability is irreparably damaged. Whether that is true or not is not clear, but the emotional toll on her is real.
757FO, Audeclis, manacit and 2 others like this.
Old May 29, 2020, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by No_Name
I am willing to give up drinks and hot snacks if it helps keep just one person employed. A laid-off friend of mine has had her life turned upside down, feels that she has lost her career, and fears that her long-term financial stability is irreparably damaged. Whether that is true or not is not clear, but the emotional toll on her is real.
Agree. And I agree that complaining about snacks at a time like this is just plain selfish. We have much bigger issues to worry about at this point.
Old May 29, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
It's a sad day for nearly every. The airlines are no different.
The travel industry has suffered the harshest contraction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.