Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AirFrance.us shows award seats, Delta does not see them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AirFrance.us shows award seats, Delta does not see them

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: DL PM
I have also asked DL, once again, to investigate the issue and have mentioned it to several phone agents.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jac747
I have also asked DL, once again, to investigate the issue and have mentioned it to several phone agents.
I have tweeted @deltaassist. I would recommend a maximum # of users do the same. Perhaps they will take the requests seriously if it comes from multiple users?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by vgb2001
I have tweeted @deltaassist. I would recommend a maximum # of users do the same. Perhaps they will take the requests seriously if it comes from multiple users?
they are probably the best chance to get this looked into. I kind of doubt a phone agent will get anywhere. Also calling Delta web support (or whatever it's called) might be the way to go. I've heard of people having availability issues online, and then calling in to them instead of the regular agents. They were able to fix it and get stuff to show.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Actually, looking farther into the future, there is O inventory published on TATL flights in the future:
Yup, sabre shows O class on transatlantic routes after Jun 1st, 2013 but nothing before that. If that's a mistake, it's quite a doozy.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
DL Twitter's response
"There is a problem and delta IT is aware of it"

There is a long line between aware, working to fix it, and fixing it... just saying that there are wide open "O" seats for my flights and I can't process SWU because of that. It doesn't make me a 'gamer', it makes me an upset DM client. I play be the rules, and I can't get the promised benefits. It's 100% annoying, and it is the sole fault of Delta as it is a recurrent event theme this year (AF to DL computers do not communicate well). Delta could be proactive and say
"Until we solve it, we'd let you transfer to J on our metal and process the SWU there". (so all win) That would be a proactive solution, and would buy DL points on my end. But, telling me that "Well, sir- my computer shows no availability and I know my job" is not a solution. It's not even 'smoking' the client. It is just a 'slap' in the face.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by DLroads
DL Twitter's response

There is a long line between aware, working to fix it, and fixing it... just saying that there are wide open "O" seats for my flights and I can't process SWU because of that. It doesn't make me a 'gamer', it makes me an upset DM client. I play be the rules, and I can't get the promised benefits. It's 100% annoying, and it is the sole fault of Delta as it is a recurrent event theme this year (AF to DL computers do not communicate well). Delta could be proactive and say
"Until we solve it, we'd let you transfer to J on our metal and process the SWU there". (so all win) That would be a proactive solution, and would buy DL points on my end. But, telling me that "Well, sir- my computer shows no availability and I know my job" is not a solution. It's not even 'smoking' the client. It is just a 'slap' in the face.
Agreed 100%. did you ask @deltaassist if they would transfer you in J on a DL metal as a exceptional gesture while they're "working" on IT issue?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:42 pm

Agreed 100%. did you ask @deltaassist if they would transfer you in J on a DL metal as a exceptional gesture while they're "working" on IT issue?
BTW, got the same answer from @deltaassist, indicating they're trying to figure it out. In my reply, I thanked them and asked if in the meantime I could be transferred on an equivalent delta metal to use my SWU. wait and see.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL PM
I also received the same reply as from two months ago that it's an IT problem and they are working on it.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:26 pm
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
DL Twitter's response

THIS!!!!(!!!!!) I have already endured 2 r/t in PV although AF showed availability. Additionally we should not forget that our SWU have a best before date: the two SWU that were designated for my last trip expire Sep., 15th. So for DL the problem solves itself while we are hurt twice.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
I did not get a favorable reply, unlike another time it happened where the agent was proactive and offered that...

Originally Posted by c_d
THIS!!!!(!!!!!) I have already endured 2 r/t in PV although AF showed availability. Additionally we should not forget that our SWU have a best before date: the two SWU that were designated for my last trip expire Sep., 15th. So for DL the problem solves itself while we are hurt twice.
Hate saying that, but we also did not see any response from the official reps on this matter. This problem is pretty known by now, and I would have expected a decent note addressing the problem and offering interim solutions. Sadly, those fail, and agents (and even supervisors) are nowadays being discouraged from walking the extra mile. So, I am afraid I will be 'yelled at' for asking again- please, in the interim, move me to DL metal, take the SWU and process to DL J.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
This is sad that this problem keeps creeping up. I remember last time people were able to get it to work by calling the Hong Kong call center. Has anyone tried this method yet?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
+1
I have asked delta to please contact AF to get this solved but not going anywhere. If EF and KVS had any possibility to contact AF and convince them to investigate, it would be great!
+1

DL Twitter's response

How's working on the award calendar?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:52 am

I did not get a favorable reply, unlike another time it happened where the agent was proactive and offered that...

Same here, @deltaassist said when I asked for a commercial gesture
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
For people making summer 2013 plans, EF is showing some O inventory - also found on delta.com - for TATL to CDG from 2 June onward. IAD, JFK, ORD and LAX showed seats that week; my searches stopped there.

This was follow-up from a reply by ExpertFlyer that noted an AF inventory reporting problem out to 1 June.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:02 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
From Twitter

I'm sorry for the delayed response. We actually are aware of this issue. We're currently working to resolve this situation
with our partner airlines. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. ^KT

I'm sorry doesn't get me out of the back of the bus. I buy the right fare and wait for the stars to align so I can actually use an SWU and I get screwed by an IT issue. (If it's an it issue and not a plan by AF to stop DL upgrades from PV.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.