Delta Air Lines to New Zealand

Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Spiff
That requires 2 awards, no?
OP appears to be asking about a paid ticket, but I can attest to the fact that it does not require two awards on award tickets. (This is not AA, after all.) I am ticketed OMA-SLC-LAX-ICN-AKL//HKG-NRT-ATL-OMA for 135K with all but OMA-SLC in F/J. It is not always easy to get them to recognize the valid US-SW Pacific routing via Asia if not departing from a US destination to which the TPAC carrier flies, but it is possible. The key is that if KE/MU/CI/CZ publish a fare from your origin through to your destination in the SW Pacific and you adhere (mostly) to their routing rules, you're good to go. I say mostly because I got OMA-SLC-LAX-ICN-AKL when KE's published route is OMA-MSP-ORD-ICN-AKL. I've seen other reports of people fly ex-BNA being able to route to SYD via SLC and LAX when that's not one of KE's "sanctioned" routings to ICN.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:46 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
if it's for award ticket...

Just to add one more exotic stopover/connection:

In addition to Hawaii-AKL direct flight, the OP may consider redeeming on TN from LAX (LAX-PPT-AKL).
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Hillhouse
Looking to go to New Zealand in March 2013. I see DL doesn't fly there although I am SURE there must be a way to get there using DL or a partner. DL.dumb keeps giving me a "route not in service" message.

So, how do I get to NZ on Delta???????
OP I have a ticket that goes into SYD, stops for for some days, flies me to AKL stop, MEL day here, then MEL to SYD-LAX-DCA.

All on one ticket, very possible !

So my routing is DCA-ATL-LAX-SYD-AKL-MEL-SYD-LAX-DCA .

I used DJ (Virgin Australia) for SYD-AKL-MEL-SYD.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
V Australia ?

Might it be possible on Virgin Australia? Check out the following link:

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/08/how-...elta-skymiles/

how-to-get-to-australia-with-delta-skymiles

Last edited by johnslloyd; Sep 10, 2012 at 8:00 pm Reason: link didn't cut & paste properly - here's the end
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by krpjr
OP I have a ticket that goes into SYD, stops for for some days, flies me to AKL stop, MEL day here, then MEL to SYD-LAX-DCA.

All on one ticket, very possible !

So my routing is DCA-ATL-LAX-SYD-AKL-MEL-SYD-LAX-DCA .

I used DJ (Virgin Australia) for SYD-AKL-MEL-SYD.
Very possible, although if you're looking to go Trans-Tasman in style, I recommend hopping LA or EK on the connection. No SkyMiles, but well worth it if you're in paid business, IMHO

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.