Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Sign in using an external account

Old Sep 9, 12, 8:50 pm   #91

Programs: DL FO; TK *G; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
That requires 2 awards, no?
OP appears to be asking about a paid ticket, but I can attest to the fact that it does not require two awards on award tickets. (This is not AA, after all.) I am ticketed OMA-SLC-LAX-ICN-AKL//HKG-NRT-ATL-OMA for 135K with all but OMA-SLC in F/J. It is not always easy to get them to recognize the valid US-SW Pacific routing via Asia if not departing from a US destination to which the TPAC carrier flies, but it is possible. The key is that if KE/MU/CI/CZ publish a fare from your origin through to your destination in the SW Pacific and you adhere (mostly) to their routing rules, you're good to go. I say mostly because I got OMA-SLC-LAX-ICN-AKL when KE's published route is OMA-MSP-ORD-ICN-AKL. I've seen other reports of people fly ex-BNA being able to route to SYD via SLC and LAX when that's not one of KE's "sanctioned" routings to ICN.
mtkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 12, 9:46 pm   #92

Programs: STE+ (via DL); SPG Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Gold, Club Carlson Gold
if it's for award ticket...

Just to add one more exotic stopover/connection:

In addition to Hawaii-AKL direct flight, the OP may consider redeeming on TN from LAX (LAX-PPT-AKL).
VladQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 12, 4:50 pm   #93
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillhouse View Post
Looking to go to New Zealand in March 2013. I see DL doesn't fly there although I am SURE there must be a way to get there using DL or a partner. DL.dumb keeps giving me a "route not in service" message.

So, how do I get to NZ on Delta???????
OP I have a ticket that goes into SYD, stops for for some days, flies me to AKL stop, MEL day here, then MEL to SYD-LAX-DCA.

All on one ticket, very possible !

So my routing is DCA-ATL-LAX-SYD-AKL-MEL-SYD-LAX-DCA .

I used DJ (Virgin Australia) for SYD-AKL-MEL-SYD.
krpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 12, 7:54 pm   #94

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
V Australia ?

Might it be possible on Virgin Australia? Check out the following link:

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/08/how-...elta-skymiles/

how-to-get-to-australia-with-delta-skymiles

Last edited by johnslloyd; Sep 10, 12 at 8:00 pm.. Reason: link didn't cut & paste properly - here's the end
johnslloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 12, 9:44 pm   #95

Programs: DL DM/MM, AA EXP, WN A-List, VX Silver, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by krpjr View Post
OP I have a ticket that goes into SYD, stops for for some days, flies me to AKL stop, MEL day here, then MEL to SYD-LAX-DCA.

All on one ticket, very possible !

So my routing is DCA-ATL-LAX-SYD-AKL-MEL-SYD-LAX-DCA .

I used DJ (Virgin Australia) for SYD-AKL-MEL-SYD.
Very possible, although if you're looking to go Trans-Tasman in style, I recommend hopping LA or EK on the connection. No SkyMiles, but well worth it if you're in paid business, IMHO
Erasmus is offline   Reply With Quote