MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Subscribe
Quote: - avidflyer: There were some recent changes to redemption levels at mid- and high-tier in some international locations, a few up, one down. No changes to low award levels. Not that you need my help, but you can find the updated charts .
Fully understand there is no legal (or otherwise) mandate to tell us about changes. The comment is in hopes that the communication on FT will at some point be such that you would WANT to tell us. Honesty helps make even the most nasty message easier. It certainly helps generate the feeling of a real interactive Customer-Provider relationship and at the end of the day that is what THIS is. Think of FlyerTalk as a front line in your NPS strategy. Even bad messages can yield a good NPS score if the customer feels part of something.

Thanks for addressing it and here's hoping you will whisper in our ear down the road.
Quote: Worth answering a few other questions weve seen here today:

... - mbwmbw: Picture - here. ...

DLCorpGirl - strongly recommend that you be extremely cautious about having anything at all to do with MBWMBW, who blows more smoke than a fire in a Cuban cigar factory.
Quote: What exactly is incorrect? Not all of it is.

Why not get more senior DL management to be honest and acknowledge that much of what has been shown with screen shots in this thread is a reflection of what DL has in the plans for DL customers (i.e., a sort of return to reduced miles-earning for a lot more fare bases than is currently the case)?
Hey, isn't there an airline out there that advertises that loyalty goes both ways?
Quote: It's not an error.
Really? So much for your insides sources. Ha ha
Quote: ...There were some recent changes to redemption levels... It works like a pricing change, so legally, were not allowed to notify folks in advance.
This is false.

You are indeed able to notify folks in advance of redemption level changes. At most airlines, to do so is standard practice. It used to be standard practice at Delta. Sadly, it no longer is the case.
Quote: First, this is the most obvious clue to date that a revenue based Skypesos program is more than a rumor and is in fact on the very near horizon. It's coming, and we just got a preview of what it will look like. Last one out don't forget to turn off the lights!

Second, are you really (REALLY?) surprised that DL IT botched this "test" and somehow the pilot program went live? The level of web-based ineptitude hits a new low with each unfixed bug and each newly discovered "enhancement".

Finally, are you also really (REALLY?) shocked that DL would unveil a new program with no notice to its customers? The fact that some agents did get notice of a change supports the growing suspicion that we are about to get pounded with a massive overhaul of the Skypesos program. It will be sudden, it will be swift, it will be poorly thought out and even more poorly executed, but make no mistake it's coming soon.
Totally agree with all points. See below:

Quote: Incorrect?

As in "not supposed to happen at all"?

Or, as in "not supposed to happen this soon"?

Count me in the ranks of those believing that this was just an inadvertent preview of what is in the works but, nonetheless, thanks for listening and posting.
We all know it is coming. The only question left is "When?"
Quote: That would leave you out. I know a Silver (my colleague) who has spent more than you this year. He hit 60 segments Friday to earn Gold but most of his flights are $800-1000 with 2-4 500 mile segments RT.
Remember that shorter segments can cost more per mile to operate, in additional to the fixed costs of processing each passenger.
Request of moderators.
Mods, how about taking some of the info from milepost 113 and inserting it as an addendum to the first post?

That would save new readers a bunch of hassle.
Quote: This is false.

You are indeed able to notify folks in advance of redemption level changes. At most airlines, to do so is standard practice. It used to be standard practice at Delta. Sadly, it no longer is the case.
And you end up with a really bad reputation and a lot of negative PR/NPS for nothing. Every business raises prices but when you are thought of as "sneaky" it leaves a much more sour taste:

http://thepointsguy.com/2012/09/rant...-award-levels/
Quote: Totally agree with all points. See below:

We all know it is coming. The only question left is "When?"
So you missed the part about it being applied to unpublished fares also?
Quote: Weve identified the issue and many of you were right we had some incorrect coding as it related to the recent changes to MQM earnings for unpublished fares. Were working to put a fix in now and hope to have the issue resolved later today. You can book now or book later once the fix is made the correct number will be reflected in your account.

Worth answering a few other questions weve seen here today:

- As I mentioned, this is related to unpublished fares. Nothing else.
- Jeff30189: I love cookies and can be bribed.
- JDErickson: No compensation, but nice try. Cant hurt to ask, right?
- mbwmbw: Picture here.
- avidflyer: There were some recent changes to redemption levels at mid- and high-tier in some international locations, a few up, one down. No changes to low award levels. Not that you need my help, but you can find the updated charts here. It works like a pricing change, so legally, were not allowed to notify folks in advance. However, were obviously not prevented from sharing it with you once the change has been made. We'll certainly keep this in mind for future announcements.

Thanks again for flagging this for us, and for your patience as we work to resolve it.
Even though not legally obligated it would be nice to share changes in the program with a group of loyal customers. We fly delta because we choose to do so. Obviously there are other airlines we could be flying, some better some worse. We want to fly with you, we are some of your most loyal customers and combined spend a lot of money with your airline. We ask to be treated with honesty and mutual respect in return you get our loyalty and continued business. We know changes are in the works we just don't know when. Don't blindside us, let us make an informed decision on our airline. The time is coming soon for us to choose our preferred airline for next year, will we choose an Airline that is upfront to what their elite program will include or choose Delta who keeps us in the dark? My bet is many will go with the sure thing. Just be forthcoming with us..good or bad we would rather just know.
Quote: At least us segment qualifiers apparently won't have our medallion level affected since a flight on a T fare, while only worth 31 MQMs, is still worth 1 MQS!
+1
Quote: - avidflyer: There were some recent changes to redemption levels at mid- and high-tier in some international locations, a few up, one down. No changes to low award levels. Not that you need my help, but you can find the updated charts here. It works like a pricing change, so legally, we’re not allowed to notify folks in advance. However, we’re obviously not prevented from sharing it with you once the change has been made. We'll certainly keep this in mind for future announcements.

Thanks again for flagging this for us, and for your patience as we work to resolve it.
I think the issue is that the award levels changed and we weren't notified once that had occurred. Fare prices changes dynamically each and every hour and day. Mileage prices change very rarely, and changing a mileage price can drastically affect one's reward redemption plans.

It just seems to me that Delta shoots hot air at us through advertising campaigns that claim that loyalty is a two way street:

Quote:
If you go out of your way to fly with an airline, does that airline go out of its way to reward you? It should. Because loyalty is a two-way street. And when one side gives, the other side has to give back.

"This isn't benevolence, this is our business. And the next time an airline asks for yours, ask them first, 'what they've done to deserve it.'"
Quote: Remember that shorter segments can cost more per mile to operate, in additional to the fixed costs of processing each passenger.
True but GRR/AZO-DTW-MSP or GRR/AZO-DTW-STL can't be all that much in additional cost. He's even been driving to DTW a lot trying to cut costs but that makes little difference. Hub to Hub should be the lowest costs for an airline but yet they seem to have the highest fares.
Quote: I really hope Delta does make these changes soon so Diamond will actually be worth something. I don't mind paying 25000-30000 for it.
At that point, just get a private jets card and be done with it...