Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQM Valuation Based on Fare Paid Now Showing on Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by sethb
The problem appears fixed; MQM accrual is restored to the status quo ante.
Not for me. Tried two different web browsers, and I am getting 25% RDM and 6.25% EQM on T fares.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorNation View Post
+1

Honesty, Integrity, & Mutual Respect.
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Characteristics not generally attributable to DL SkyMiles management.
Sorry, but I must agree with this statement. The last-minute announcement about Silver bag allowance last year has put a bad taste in my mouth and has me wondering how much DL will milk in mileage runs from people to keep status just to shaft us on benefits again this year.

Honesty, integrity, and mutual respect my @$$.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I am disappointed. I have flown TLV-USA twice so far this year in Biz and have a third trip booked for December. The three, together, will give me Platinum status.

If the 25% MQMs went into effect for Peasant Fares, I would probably be the only Plat left who is based in Israel.

I am really looking forward to being a Plat again (as I was a few years ago). Look at all the extra benefits I will get:

# Sky Priority -- oops, I already get that as Gold.

#100% Sky Miles bonus (just like I get at Gold).

#Free entry to SkyClubs on days I fly internationally (well, not only do I get that as Gold but I get it anyhow because I fly Biz Elite).

# The possibility of being upgraded on my domestic segments (except that they are usually in FC anyhow).

Well, at least I will get 4 SWUs (unless they are enhanced out of the program).
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I would imagine the overwhelming majority of Kettle flyers aren't Amex holders. I don't think it has one thing to do with another. Kettles will buy the low fares and pay to talk to someone, pay to sit in an aisle, pay to check their bag, pay to board early, pay, pay, pay. Right now many silvers and golds will pay LUT fares which make the company very little money, and absorb all the benefits set aside for those that are contributing to the real revenue line.

We can go in circles for days about this. WN is already there - it is strictly revenue-based. They are all going there, my friend. It is just a matter of time.
Yes but this change won't affect kettles. It will affect people who flew enough to be FO or maybe GM on cheap fares, probably required to be purchased by their employers. Those people fly a lot and will happily get an AMEX for $95 a year which pays for itself after just 2 RTs in avoided bag fees.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
I'm booking JFK to SLP and getting a total of 555 MQMs at $944.00. If that's the case, I can book a more convenient trip for me on another airline at half the price. This is not good news for me and in the long term, for Delta.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by Delta Dude
So Silver will mean something again, which may be good for us,
Silver will still NOT mean anything as long as they sell the benefits with the DL AmEx credit card holders. Why go through all the segments of flying to be a silver if $95 annually can give you almost everything?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:25 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by tonypct
This is not good news for me and in the long term, for Delta.
You must've missed the post from Delta Corp Girl debunking the whole concept as an error, so there really is NO NEWS. - - - - Yet . . . . .
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, GE
TXL-LAX is 11996 miles r/t, i am still seeing this on T fares:

Miles earned = 2999
MQMs earned = 748
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
If this is indeed the future, I will have to put the phone numbers for B6 and WN on my cell phone. For a few extra bucks, I can always buy early boarding on both carriers.

This will sure put more value to the Reserve Card bonus MQMs and the DL Platinum card bonus MQMs. Unless those bonus MQMs go down the drain as well...

But so far, it is an IT glitch. DL would never roll out the program without proper notice. Would they?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by RobertS975:19259934
If this is indeed the future, I will have to put the phone numbers for B6 and WN on my cell phone. For a few extra bucks, I can always buy early boarding on both carriers.

This will sure put more value to the Reserve Card bonus MQMs and the DL Platinum card bonus MQMs. Unless those bonus MQMs go down the drain as well...

But so far, it is an IT glitch. DL would never roll out the program without proper notice. Would they?
Well certainly enhancements like this better the program so no future notice would be given.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:37 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by Flyingdevil
Perhaps someone already pointed this out, but AA is already doing this -- no 500 minimum miles, elite mileage accrual based upon fare class, etc. This was one of the MANY reasons why I switched from AA to DL as my principal carrier a couple years ago. Its the future for all of the carriers I suspect.
That is not correct about AA.

While non-elites on AA do not earn 500 miles minimum per segment, all AA elites earn a minimum 500 RDM and 500 EQM per segment.

I think you are confusing points which AA bases by fare class and miles which are the same for any fare class. Elite status can be earned by EQM, EQP or EQS on AA.

Greg
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Seriously?

122 MQMs for DEN-LGA-YUL?

I think I made the right decision to dump DL.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Where did I say I am trying to convince people. I stated I'd only spent what I need to to get to Diamond...
You referred to diamond status only being given to "elite" spenders, and then referred to spending $25k - $30k a year to get such status. Some people earn close to $30k a year. Some people spend $30k on a single private flight. It has been abundantly clear for a while now that you are much closer to the former. Spending your entire day on a forum acting like someone you are not won't help you lose your virginity... I mean, meet a girl.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by Ooompa Loompa
Curious how many people will jump ship if/when this is implemented. I could see a lot of frequent leisure travellers that would go. I'd be one of them.
Business travelers too, me included. My company is not going to pay YBM fares. I've already jumped ship for the month of October & have booked several itineraries on WN. We'll see how this shakes out.

This change in the earnings side of the SkyPesos program is FAR worse than last year's change to the WN Rapid Rewards program, and Rapid Rewards points are actually EASY to redeem!
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:49 pm

Is there a Cliff notes version for those of us who don't want to read 16 pages of hysteria.

Yes, a change is coming.

But it appears that this is not it?

Is that the basic version?

I figured next year I had to move airlines, but luckily SW is moving fast into Atlanta so I can just move to them. Means no more free international flights but I have booked all my current miles for next year...

SO when the change comes, can the mods do a Stickey that's LOCKED and just has the details? Then we can have 10,000 threads of 10,000 lines of hysteria.

(But in the mean time could some of you cancel your flights into and out of SNA next week. I am stuck in a middle seat! If you take your toys and go home maybe a better seat will open )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.