Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 14, 12, 11:38 am   #1
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Posts: 1,404
RUMOR - 757-300s to get slimline seats and AVOD

With most of the non-ER domestic 763s planned for retirement, I have have heard rumors that the 753 fleet is slated to get slimline seats and AVOD. The 753s will serve a similar role that the domestic 763s currently serve.

If the rumors are true, I wonder if they will get all-new seats and IFE, or will the seats and IFE system be transplanted from the 76Q fleet?

BTW, I heard that the 76Ps will remain in the fleet, not only because of their younger age, but the fact that they have common engines with half of the 763ER fleet (the PW4060). I heard that maintenace for the GE CF6-80A engines on the 76Q fleet is getting expensive, and that DL wants to get rid of that engine type.

Last edited by Delta 764; Aug 14, 12 at 11:52 am..
Delta 764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 11:39 am   #2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta 764 View Post
With most of the non-ER domestic 763s planned for retirement, I have have heard rumors that the 753 fleet is slated to get slimline seats and AVOD. The 753s will serve a similar role that the domestic 763s currently serve.

If the rumors are true, I wonder if they will get all-new seats and IFE, or will the seats and IFE system be transplanted from the 76Q fleet.

BTW, I heard that the 76Ps will remain in the fleet, not only because of their younger age, but the fact that they have common engines with half of the 763ER fleet (the PW4060). I heard that maintenace for the GE CF6-80A engines on the 76Q fleet is getting expensive, and that DL wants to get rid of that engine type.
And where did you hear this rumor?
__________________
nytraveller53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 11:44 am   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Detroit, MI USA
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 3,158
Look no further than a.net for the "rumor"
bubbashow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 11:46 am   #4
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MCO
Programs: DL-DM/1MM, AA-PLT, HILTON-DIAMOND, .HYATT-DIAMOND , IHG-PLT,HERTZ-PC
Posts: 7,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbashow View Post
Look no further than a.net for the "rumor"
. The official rumor site for years
__________________
Don't take everything so seriously... Life is way too short...
Crazyhotelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 11:49 am   #5
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM (as of 12/19/2012-all BIS miles), SC Member: 2012 upgrades 43 of 59
Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbashow View Post
Look no further than a.net for the "rumor"
help an FTer out... what the heck is a.net. no it's not a real site. I tried.
mridley2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 11:51 am   #6
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: here
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH VIP Diamond, Choice Gold, GCCI Diamond, PC Plat, MR Gold
Posts: 3,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by mridley2 View Post
help an FTer out... what the heck is a.net. no it's not a real site. I tried.
airliners.net
__________________
Delta Air Lines
This does not represent the opinions or beliefs of Delta Air Lines.
zsmith2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 12:40 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Posts: 1,404
BTW, I also heard that the 753 fleet will get winglets, since the 753s will soon be doing more long-distance flying that is currently served by the 76Q. Interestingly, the APB website shows winglets being certified for 753s with P&W engines:
http://www.aviationpartnersboeing.co...ts_757_300.php
Delta 764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 12:45 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Analyzing Game Theory and Uncertainty. Also. DL Charter DM, 2.004MM
Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Posts: 5,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmith2 View Post
airliners.nUt
I've corrected your typo
__________________
Loyalty Programs Should Be Loyal.
Why do you stick with Delta?
Vuelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 12:46 pm   #9
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: DTW
Programs: DL Gold Medallion
Posts: 932
Rumors from airliners.net are fun, but I'm not sure you are going to find anyone on FlyerTalk who is a better source to confirm them with.
timf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 12:50 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Posts: 1,404
BTW, the user who posted these rumors on A.net is a Delta mechanic. He is the same user who first mentioned the CRT monitors on the PMDL 752s would be replaced by LCDs, and he was right.
Delta 764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 12:52 pm   #11
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by timf View Post
Rumors from airliners.net are fun, but I'm not sure you are going to find anyone on FlyerTalk who is a better source to confirm them with.
Actually, I'd venture to say it's the other way around. While a.net might have its fair share of airline geeks and enthusiasts, there's also of plenty of people that work in the industry that share their know-how and gossip there.

Flyertalk has a more mature poster base, but you see less people from the airline biz posting here because they are more likely to be viewed with animosity vs airliners.net.

Recent "rumors" like DTW-HKG getting dropped were posted by people in a.net first.
ricardobtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 1:00 pm   #12
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott PP, Hertz PC
Posts: 7,688
Ugh, the 753 is just not a nice plane to travel on. It takes a long time to board and deplane, and F/Y ratio is very poor due to the extended Y cabin... so odds are you're going to be sitting in steerage.
rylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 1:05 pm   #13
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: DTW
Programs: DL - PM, UA - ex1K, AA - exPLT, HH - GLD, PC - PLT
Posts: 4,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobtg View Post
Actually, I'd venture to say it's the other way around. While a.net might have its fair share of airline geeks and enthusiasts, there's also of plenty of people that work in the industry that share their know-how and gossip there.

Flyertalk has a more mature poster base, but you see less people from the airline biz posting here because they are more likely to be viewed with animosity vs airliners.net.

Recent "rumors" like DTW-HKG getting dropped were posted by people in a.net first.
That's why he said, there wasn't anyone better on FT to confirm the rumor.
CPMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 12, 1:13 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMaverick View Post
That's why he said, there wasn't anyone better on FT to confirm the rumor.
Sorry, my bad : ) The point that I wanted to make is the same though.
ricardobtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 12, 10:29 am   #15
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Posts: 1,404
Rumor - 753s to get 10 more Y seats and AVOD

I have heard several rumors (Wikipedia and elsewhere) that the 753s are planned to get AVOD and 10 more Y seats by the use of slimline seats.

While some may argue that it is pointless to add AVOD due to DL offering streaming IFE, these rumors seem like they come from a reliable source. Considering that the 753s will replace a lot of domestic 763 flying, this isn't much of a surprise for me.

If these rumors are true, what will the models of seats be? I presume that F will most likely be the Weber 6810 like on the MD-88s and MD-90s, while Y will be either the Weber 5751 or B/E Aerospace Pinnacle. The Y seats will most likely have the Panasonic Eco 9i Integrated Smart Monitors.
Delta 764 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:08 am.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.