Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone flown ST partner Air Europa in J recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone flown ST partner Air Europa in J recently?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by mtkeller
What's the full routing and class of service?
FLL-JFK (DL F), JFK-MAD (UX J), MAD-CDG (AF J), CDG-MAD (AF J), MAD-MXP (UX J), MXP-JFK (AZ J), and JFK-FLL (DL F). 100K low business class award issued by DL.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by fly747first
FLL-JFK (DL F), JFK-MAD (UX J), MAD-CDG (AF J), CDG-MAD (AF J), MAD-MXP (UX J), MXP-JFK (AZ J), and JFK-FLL (DL F). 100K low business class award issued by DL.
UX charges $402 in YQ each way for J on JFK-MAD. MAD-MXP on UX should incur EUR42=$51.63 in YQ. How's that compare to what you were actually charged in YQ? AZ's YQ would be about the same. (I see $403 each way on ITA for a FLL-CDG fare connecting in JFK and Italy.) However, DL should not be collecting YQ for AZ, so if you got hit with more than about $453, you should call in and ask them to run it over to tariff assist to investigate. They've had a TPAC award ticket under examination since Monday and I still haven't gotten a call back as to what's up with it. Sent in a TTU yesterday and got word back that there is a note in my reservation that it was sent to tariff assistance and they will be calling me back.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I have a feeling the seats are going to be very similar (if not the same) as AF's newere J seats. Either NEV3 or NEV4. AF is retrofitting their 747's with the new seats, so I could see how they'd use the same seats to retrofit UX's which would be the NEV4 seats. They are flat, but not horizontal (slightly angled). They are still decent seats, and a lot better than the recliner type seats.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

UX charges $402 in YQ each way for J on JFK-MAD. MAD-MXP on UX should incur EUR42=$51.63 in YQ. How's that compare to what you were actually charged in YQ? AZ's YQ would be about the same. (I see $403 each way on ITA for a FLL-CDG fare connecting in JFK and Italy.) However, DL should not be collecting YQ for AZ, so if you got hit with more than about $453, you should call in and ask them to run it over to tariff assist to investigate. They've had a TPAC award ticket under examination since Monday and I still haven't gotten a call back as to what's up with it. Sent in a TTU yesterday and got word back that there is a note in my reservation that it was sent to tariff assistance and they will be calling me back.
Thanks again! I'm looking at my ticket and I see a YQ charge for $403 and the total in taxes comes down to $570.40 plus the $25 DL over-the-phone booking fee.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by fly747first
Thanks again! I'm looking at my ticket and I see a YQ charge for $403 and the total in taxes comes down to $570.40 plus the $25 DL over-the-phone booking fee.
Interesting. I'm not 100% on which currencies these things are stored in, so given that UX and AZ's YQ are so close, it could conceivably be either one. Since we have plenty of reports of people booking AZ ex-US without YQ and most UX booking reports indicate that YQ was collected, I'd say that it's the UX YQ. In any case, it doesn't sound like you got hit with more than would be expected given what's on revenue fares.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Interesting. I'm not 100% on which currencies these things are stored in, so given that UX and AZ's YQ are so close, it could conceivably be either one. Since we have plenty of reports of people booking AZ ex-US without YQ and most UX booking reports indicate that YQ was collected, I'd say that it's the UX YQ. In any case, it doesn't sound like you got hit with more than would be expected given what's on revenue fares.
I found the availability entirely on my own because for the most part, I found DL agents to be clueless (e.g, telling me that AZ didn't have any award seats when in fact it did) and I was told that they "stored the fares manually."
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
UX YQ is collected on all legs, no matter what the origin is. Alas.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
UX YQ is collected on all legs, no matter what the origin is. Alas.
Thanks!!!! I changed my ticket after DL opened up a few J low award seats and the taxes went from $570 to $193 once the UX legs were removed. My itinerary still has a leg operated by AZ so I can definitely confirm that UX was the one responsible for the high YQ.

Last edited by fly747first; Aug 18, 2012 at 10:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.