Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France First Class using Skymiles?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:11 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
You can always get lucky. About 2 years ago I was OPUPed as a mere Gold to 1st on a J award ticket. Too bad the plane, the 1st class seats, and the food were all quite a bit tired. Still fun getting the upgrade!! ;-)
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
TheBoat reported doing this a number of times with SWUs, but not recently. IIRC it was on full fare J/C (whichever fare code is higher on AF, probably J like on DL) tickets and using the fine print of the SWU saying one cabin class upgrade, not specifically an upgrade into business class.
News to me, would love to hear if anyone else was able to. In all honestly though, AF J is quite good (esp A388), why buy a J and then use miles to get to F?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Another reason not to fly DL.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by mnredfox
The only way to get AF IFC is to buy a ticket outright. Cannot use SWU and/or SM...
You can upgrade from business to La Premiere using FB if you're elite and booking into P, C, or D. On the A388 or any long haul I think it is very much worth it, especially for the CDG lounge and limos. IME the experience rivals LH FCL at FRA. Those two are the only ones of the type I've used but I'll give a lot of miles for that. The upgrade costs 90,000 FB miles one way.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
News to me, would love to hear if anyone else was able to. In all honestly though, AF J is quite good (esp A388), why buy a J and then use miles to get to F?
IIRC it was specifically that one could upgrade into AF IFC using SWUs, not miles.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: Delta
So I just booked with my Skymiles for 190,000miles:
PDX -> SLC DL First
SLC -> LHR DL Delta One
CDG -> DXB AF Business
DXB -> CDG AF Business
CDG -> SLC DL Delta One
SLC -> PDX DL First

Is this a good deal? I set up an account at FB and tried to transfer miles, but they wouldn't let me, and told me to go back to Delta to book award travel. I called the Diamond reservation line, and the DL/KLM/AF combo sales desk, and everyone says you can only purchase La Premier outright, and your SOL with miles. SO FRUSTRATING. You spend all this money, and TIME, flying out of your way with one carrier, and you get repaid like this. I just hope 190,000 miles for that trip in those classes is worth it.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
IMHO a good deal for 190K miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.