Wiki Posts
Search

767-400 BE Seating - inny or outty?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:03 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

767-400 BE Seating - inny or outty?

For single seater in BE, are the Lie-Flat seats with the console next to window best or do you get disturbed by cart trolleys,people walking by in aisle? I searched a few threads, but could not see anything definitive..
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:13 pm

I personally prefer the odd numbered rows. The seat ends up being closer to the window, so you can actually see out, and it feels more private. I've flown in the even numbered rows without issue, but I still prefer the others; I like having the console between my seat and the aisle. My two cents.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I prefer the console between the seat and the aisle in the 764, which is tho odd numbered window seats.

Related threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/north...l#post18308105
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...e-seating.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...767-400-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-question.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by akonradi
I personally prefer the odd numbered rows. The seat ends up being closer to the window, so you can actually see out, and it feels more private. I've flown in the even numbered rows without issue, but I still prefer the others; I like having the console between my seat and the aisle. My two cents.
+1
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by akonradi
I personally prefer the odd numbered rows.
Originally Posted by rwoman
I prefer the console between the seat and the aisle in the 764, which is tho odd numbered window seats.
+1...count me as another who prefers the odd-numbered rows - somehow the presence of the console between the seat and the aisle seems to enhance privacy by quite a bit....
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone else find the number of 764/76D threads we have amusing??
Old Jul 23, 2012, 4:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do people find it difficult to get in and out of the seat when the console is on the aisle?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do people find it difficult to get in and out of the seat when the console is on the aisle?
I have never had an issue, but I guess a wider person could have one if they had to squeeze through the space.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
No....however, you do feel a bit more closed in in those rows.

What I do is take the window row on the flights to Europe (where I sleep and don't want to be disturbed) and take the aisle row on the return (where I never sleep).
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL Tin Medallion, Marriott Silver
Odd numbered is the way to go...never had a problem getting in-and-out...also handy when writing and you're right-handed.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
In June, I was in 3A (next to window) and went to sleep right after take-off. Slept 6 hours of the 8 hour flight from ATL to LHR, straight through the meal service, etc.^ Of course, not sure how it would have been in one of the even numbered seats (console by window)--maybe just as good, maybe not.

Despite being thin and athletic, the space between the console and the seat in front of you is a bit tight, but not anything that isn't manageable. However, for a larger person, it could be somewhat of an issue.

I also flew in 3A on the return--my wife was on that flight too, in 4A. She wasn't trying to sleep, but didn't find herself being bumped by carts, FAs, and pax. It is easier access to the aisle in the even numbered rows, and a little easier to store a small bag on the floor--after take-off.

In sum, as someone else posted, it might not be a bad strategy to go for odd-numbered if you plan to sleep and even-numbered, if not.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by chathamthrax
Odd numbered is the way to go...never had a problem getting in-and-out...also handy when writing and you're right-handed.
The consoles are handy for right-handed writing only on the port side of the cabin.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by MS02113
The consoles are handy for right-handed writing only on the port side of the cabin.
True, as a lefty, I always choose 3/5/7 D, so the console is on my left.

I do agree that getting out of the odd numbered seats is a bit tight.

So, as atlrunner said, you may want to choose an even-numbered window seat in you are concerned by that.

The only seat that I would avoid at all costs would be 10C. Very much exposed and right by the rear lavs/galley. The galley wall doesn't extend all the way behind this seat, so it would almost feel like you were actually in the galley.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:55 pm
Taz

Programs: DL PM
Only when I can't get the whacky tray table to go back where it belongs and I have to climb over it. There's just something about that thing that seems to enjoying messing with me.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by Taz
Only when I can't get the whacky tray table to go back where it belongs and I have to climb over it. There's just something about that thing that seems to enjoying messing with me.
LOL that table mechanism is a nightmare.

Positive for odd numbers- you're farther away from the aisle. Psychologically I feel like I can sleep better.

Negative is that if you're right-handed (which I am) it's not ideal (thought not uncomfortable) to do work if you're on the K side of the aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.